Thread: Eurocharged Tune

Eurocharged Tune

Can the stage 1 tune run on 91 octane without trouble? What is the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 tune?
    thanx in advance.

Yes, the car will adjust timing to suit the octane. Stage 2, higher requested boost across the rpm range, as well as more advanced timing and more fuel trim.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

you ec guys! What is stage 2?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

It will likely be a slightly scaled back version of what pat originally had, scaled back so as to not make problems as pat witnessed.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

So, we will see data logs on this this weekend I assume?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

The first version of the EC 93oct tune is no longer used. RIP

Stage 2 of the current EC tune may simply be the primary cat delete coding. I have suggested a very slight increase in mid range boost for those that run good gas. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    It will likely be a slightly scaled back version of what pat originally had, scaled back so as to not make problems as pat witnessed.

The stage 1 flash will run with 91octane no problem. You will be amazed as it will perform like a different car. You must have the MTM/TCU chip installed. If you add the Aces the car will feel like a brand new 997TT. jk but what Stephencl said about the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by drabe View Post
    Can the stage 1 tune run on 91 octane without trouble? What is the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 tune?
    thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    The stage 1 flash will run with 91octane no problem. You will be amazed as it will perform like a different car. You must have the MTM/TCU chip installed. If you add the Aces the car will feel like a brand new 997TT. jk but what Stephencl said about the flash.
    What are "the Aces"?

Amaxing how little things can change your tune within the tune limits. I have a 225bhp tt that I did a Revo tune which claims a change from 225 to 260 & 207 to 284 TQ. It made a noticeable difference but as usual I don't think it was ever close to claim, but with no other changes I went to a 42DD 3" downpipe and the change was not dramatic, but noticeable, and the boost now immediatelly peaks 2 psi higher (no software change, still Revo), and tapers off at higher RMP to 1~2 psi higher than befoire? Surprisingly since there were no other changes than the downpipes? Other tt owners have reported similar results? The 01 tt is one version older ECU software, is it just different or would gutting the cats make a much larger change on our cars than expected?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Boost would come on sooner with gutted primary cats on the RS6. And boost would hold peak value longer in the rpm range.

Take a look at your 3rd gear pull. Take notice of the requested boost and then look at actual. See the delay in actual to requested down low 3000rpm? And then the lower actual from requested up high near redline? That is where you should see the slight increase in boost.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Amaxing how little things can change your tune within the tune limits. I have a 225bhp tt that I did a Revo tune which claims a change from 225 to 260 & 207 to 284 TQ. It made a noticeable difference but as usual I don't think it was ever close to claim, but with no other changes I went to a 42DD 3" downpipe and the change was not dramatic, but noticeable, and the boost now immediatelly peaks 2 psi higher (no software change, still Revo), and tapers off at higher RMP to 1~2 psi higher than befoire? Surprisingly since there were no other changes than the downpipes? Other tt owners have reported similar results? The 01 tt is one version older ECU software, is it just different or would gutting the cats make a much larger change on our cars than expected?

Aces is the fuel octane additive that many of us run. If you only have 91oct fuel it will make a nice difference in performance esp if you go with a reflash. Do a search for Aces on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drabe View Post
    What are "the Aces"?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Aces is the fuel octane additive that many of us run. If you only have 91oct fuel it will make a nice difference in performance esp if you go with a reflash. Do a search for Aces on the forum.
    Where can you buy Aces?
    Rs6 Ebony, Eurocharged ECU, MTM TCU, K&N.

2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement