Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member on board.

New member on board.

HI guys, I am a new member from Mèxico City, and I have been watching this site for some time, and
    I must say that I feel very privileged to be able to join this community, for I have seen the camaraderie,
    good will and helping spirit that characterizes many of its members, as well as the vast knowledge about "the beasts" as you affectionally call your RS6s, such as DHall1, V8weight,Tozo, hahnmgh63, Ben916, BenMan, GENxer, MaxRS6, Snoopra, Speedtrapped, 4eversRS,, and many others than don`t come to mind at this time.
    I bought my beast over a period of five months, which might make an interesting story some other time, taking possesion on november 2, 2010. it is a 2004 Avus grey on black with every option except solar roof and telematics, with 37,000 km. (22,995 miles) on the odometer. It looks brand new, rides and drives new, so it must have been very well preserved, as an interesting point it has a big battery and tools where the spare tire is supposed to go, said element resting now on a cover in the trunk. Former owner states that it has been flashed to 562 hp., a fact that I haven`t been able to verify technically, but it shure feels scary fast, to the point that I have felt the need to adapt my driving to this newfound power, developing a ryhtm, and making allowances for slower traffic, e:g. everybody else. In Mexico yuo can drive most of the time as fast as the conditions allow, within reason, and the cops won`t give a hard time, but it pays to be cautious and alert to other traffic, or you wont`last long. The car draws a lot of attention, even to people who doesn`t really knows what it is , but they kind of sense it is special, four door sedan body notwhitstanding, I paid for it $ 33, 600.00 Dlls., a fair price I think , given its condition. I failed to mention it also has two big amps and two JBL subwoofers, that, along with the spare, occupy must of the trunk. wife impressed, kids grinning and I couldn`t be happier with anithig else in the world. Pictures forhcoming, if I learn how to send them.
    Happy new year to all the community!

Hi and welcome and happy new year!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Hi, welcome aboard!

I feel Ozzy will be around today! Welcome, I am flattered to be mentioned in the same group but I am really still a newbie. There are many very helpful members here, that are technically ahead of many Audi techs. Enjoy the beast and happy New Year!
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Woo Woo- Welcome aboard the

210K miles rolled

Welcome, and happy new year! Enjoy in good health.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Welcome, the car sounds fantastic. I've driven around Mexico city in an underpowered rental and I hear what your saying. You have to have fast reflexes to keep up with the other drivers antics there. I'm sure your having a lot of fun with the car.
    You mentioned the battery in the spare tire well? Does it look like it was moved there or original factory? Since the car is a 2004 it may be the factory battery placement but all North American cars had it just forward of the spare tire well on the forward right side of the trunk but most other areas I believe had them in the spare tire well.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Welcome and an early Happy New Year. It sounds like you found a very nice RS6. Now we need a few pictures of your beast.

Hello and Welcome to the Club.
    Try and get some more data from the Past owner if you can, TCU chip? ECU flashed by who?
    And who was the past owner?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

welcome to the forum!

I can look up the VIN on the unofficial list to see if the prior owner registered it with DaveyKid.
    I seem to remember one with the Stereo gear you are referring to... Must search now...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    welcome to the forum!

I can look up the VIN on the unofficial list to see if the prior owner registered it with DaveyKid.
    I seem to remember one with the Stereo gear you are referring to... Must search now...
    Can you do the same for me?
    2003 Audi RS6 vin 904251

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MORS6 View Post
    Can you do the same for me?
    2003 Audi RS6 vin 904251

Thanks
    I added yours this morning and yours was on the list but no owner's information
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Welcome....and pics or BAN!!!
    2013 Audi S8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-5..JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	10727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-7..JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	10726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-1..jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	10725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-2..jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	10724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-3..jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	10723Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-4..JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	10722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-6..JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	10721
    Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    hahaha! you kill me!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Welcome aboard Jimmy!!! PICS....PICS.....PICS!!!
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Welcome!! Pics Please!

Thanks for your warm welcome. hahnmgh63, the battery installation looks factory original. I will send some pictures next week when I come back from the holidays. Palette, the former owner is Rafael Quezada, but I doubt I could get more information on the engine mods, but I`m also very interested in knowing its source and extent, the former owner only gave me a couple of OEM air filters, and said the car has K&N, which has me a little worried about the MAFS. Ben916, the VIN number is 900284, and to all the rest, I hope you can see the pics I tried to post.