Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: -1 rs6

Awesome! Fingers-crossed that the car checks out. Hopefully the cops catch the culprits and they bring down the whole ring - just like on TV.

Guys whats the process of getting new keys and locks? or do they just recode mine?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

I take it the thieves still have one of your keys. If not, I can't imagine they could have copied them without red-flags and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Guys whats the process of getting new keys and locks? or do they just recode mine?
    you have to get one new key fob from the dealer, it is brass or something and they aren't cheap - you can't get a steel key as when the dealer re-keys it, it is too hard for the key cutter.

Why couldn't you use your old OTHER key fob? Unless the one that was in the car when it was taken was your only key fob...

edit:
    sorry, I haven't had any coffee yet so the logic process isn't in full swing yet..
    YES the car has to be re-keyed, but what about the keyless entry?????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Excellent Palette!! Very Very Glad to hear this. Hopefully no damage and no more leaving car unattended with Keys in it. LOL.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Congrats and I'll keep my fingers crossed for zero damage as well.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Merry Christmas !!, I am so happy for you!!

Might be a good time to ask Santa Claus if he could get you a Lo Jack for Christmas . When I first read about your loss, I began going through the paperwork that I got with my recently purchased 2002 S6 Avant and was very pleased to find out that the original owner had a LoJack installed. I now need to contact them to find out if the system needs to be "transferred" to my name. In any case, Good luck with the recovery! regards, Paul, Providence, RI

Congrats, Palette! It's good to see that you won't have to do a little extra "gift-finding" this year!

Let's hope she's still all together. Merry Christmas, indeed!
    http://www.fluidmotorunion.com

Thanks guys!
    All is well, the car was going to be transported overseas for sure the way the car was hidden they said.
    The dealer has it right now, and it going to go through the car and do the following all beause the insurance adjusted gave them an open PO.
    New keys and locks, New remotes, Oil change, Detail inside and out, Alignment, (timing belt) thats the freebee from the dealer! heheheh!!!!!
    And they night do a tune up! I'm thinking of have this done every 10k miles ! LOL (kidding) Just need to have it roadtested and they will do a transmition check.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Nice of them to do the timing belt! Make sure they replace everything, lol.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

got the call today, all is done from the Dealer , and is getting a interior and Exterior wash and polish before i pick the BAD BOY up!!! Oh im so excited!!!!! What do i do first show it off?? Kiss it?? LOL!! I know i am putting some 109 in it soon!

Thanks guys. Yes i hope they find it. I missed seeing the guy buy 10-15 seconds. Unreal!

Well i do have full replacent on it so thats a good thing but to find another clean car is a mission!
    Jeez, I'm in Toronto....what the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by drabe View Post
    Jeez, I'm in Toronto....what the hell?
    Toronto is not the same as it used to be. Be very carefull. What area are you in?

Palette, I`m very very, very happy for you. It`s good to know that in some parts of the world police is still doing its job. ¿ Will they tell you if they got the perps and who they were? were they going to jail? Was it an international ring, from the looks of it? May they burn in hell for all eternity. In Mexico we are having an aggravated phase of that problem, since the army and the navy are fighting drug lords thooth and nail, their income has decreased, and they have taken to the streets and wiil take your car, (and many times you) at gun point. for money. lots of it. Enjoy your freedom and peace of mind. Again, I couldn`t be happier for you.

WELL WELL WELL! at 4:55am i get a call from a local police offer telling me they have my car. They are going to go through the car with a fine tooth comb because it was in a very secure spot locked and hiding till it was going to be moved. So they are going to finger print it, I now need to get new keys cut (UGH!) and then my insurace will hand the car over to a service shop (Audi) and have it looked at and detailed!
    This might just be a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Excellent Palette!! Very Very Glad to hear this. Hopefully no damage and no more leaving car unattended with Keys in it. LOL.

Very good to hear that your beast has returned to its cage.

Some tunes like APR provide anti theft security code after entry with key so impossible for some miscreant to start the engine with key even though starter motor cranking and steal the car and drive off.

Also no evidence on display that need the extra security code to be entered through cruise control stalk.

I know as wifey flattened the battery trying to start the beast as did not know about the security code!!!! (also handy for keeping family joy riders out of the beast, for their own protection!)