Thread: What is the best VAG com you can buy at a reasonable price

What is the best VAG com you can buy at a reasonable price

I recently brought my car into the shop for an oil change. A week later my check engine light comes on, I seriously think the dealership messes with my car so I gotta go back again, every time I go to the dealership I gotta return for some reason.

Anyway I want to see why my check engine light is on and if I can reset it because the car seems to be running fine. If it continues to pop up then I guess I will have to go in.

So what is a really good VAG com for a good price, I guess something below $200

You might try stopping by one of the chain part stores and have them scan it.

I purchased mine from the below:

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM
    210K miles rolled

Yup... "VCDS License with KII-USB Interface" is the one you want. $249...all you need...
    2013 Audi S8

You should buy this http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM it will work on all VW/Audi. The KII-USB will not work on newer cars 03' and up.
    05 Cayenne turbo

I second what Tozo said about the Hex-Can. My daughter has a new A4 and I plan on getting rid of my tt and getting either a new A3 TDI or a TTRS in the next year or two so I upgraded my KII to a Hex-Can.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Pay the $350 for the hex usb model. It will pay for itself quickly enough. Even if you can't clear codes on a problem and solve it, knowledge is power when you're dealing with a service manager. The more you know about what's going on with your car the less likely you are to be taken advantage of.

Not that dealerships do that kind of thing.