Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: -1 rs6

Wow - this really sucks. I do that all the time. I will really have to think twice about doing it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    i believe so. He parked in his driveway, left it running, walked in, grabbed something out of the house, and thats how long it took them to get in and drive away.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Wow - this really sucks. I do that all the time. I will really have to think twice about doing it anymore.
    Me too and I have the kids buckled in the rare times that I do do it... Never again...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Yea stupid me leaving the keys in it. I really wish i didnt but what are the odds that within 2-3 mins .. 100% i guess, i really hope that guy gets what is coming to him one day. I had just filled the tank to, Brand new Pirelli's hope that the insurance makes me a good offer.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Sorry to hear about this. I dont know why people have to steal others property. I guess it comes down to society and entitlements. Far too many have an opinion about rights and how far those rights extend into another persons right to have his/her own rights.

In the old days these actions were dealt with swiftly. Taken out back and shot comes to mind. Now we give them club med jails with meals, healthcare, gym services and full elective procedures. I guess social justice sounds good until it comes into your garage and takes the RS6.

Good luck on the claim.

BTW, I'm so damn paranoid that when we take vacations....I have all the cars locked and garage doors bolted. I then disable the cars(so they will not start) and finally, hide all the keys in a safe box that nobody will ever find. Most of our cars have memory chips and you need the key to start the car. Hell, I do this on top of the security system we have at home. Crazy.

I hope the insurance company pays!!! If you left the keys in it, running, they may argue the point, saying you didn't do enough to protect it? Not saying that is right, but they are insurance companies...they have been known to do things like that?
    2013 Audi S8

So sorry to hear this Palette ! worse yet given the plans you had for the car and the challenge you'll face in finding a similar one..... I truly feel for you. I'd be taking the mini-14 and driving the streets.........

As noted by others I suspect it's best if it's not recovered..... I know my old A6 2.7T was never the same after I had a high-school punk valet "borrow" it for a few hours.... despite a good insurance company that tried to stand behind things stuff popped up afterwards that we didn't expect..... I ended up trading the car at a 5k loss

Best of luck..... people truly do suck.....
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

This is state insurance. You write one check for plates and insurance? right?

One can only guess how this will turn out.

How exactly does this work in Canada? Does everyone pay the same rate by vehicle? Or is each citizen graded by claim history and type of vehicle driven? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I hope the insurance company pays!!! If you left the keys in it, running, they may argue the point, saying you didn't do enough to protect it? Not saying that is right, but they are insurance companies...they have been known to do things like that?

wow unreal, very sorry to hear this best wishes on recovery or replacement
    Cheers.!
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    This is state insurance. You write one check for plates and insurance? right?

One can only guess how this will turn out.

How exactly does this work in Canada? Does everyone pay the same rate by vehicle? Or is each citizen graded by claim history and type of vehicle driven? I have no idea.

Our insurance works buy ratings, Different scales for Vehicles as well as drivers, So a poor driver driving a 1990 Honda would likely pay as much as me driving the Audi, My record was clean, no issues , so as of today no update from the Police, my insurance company did say they have recover cars 3 weeks later sitting in a container so not to lose hope. Chances are slim so I’m not evening going to think about it till the time to get the car back or make a settlement.>>
    >>
    Good thing is i had it for 3 weeks, and they are aware of it and they know that they hold their value so he believes i will be reimbursed the full amount. (fingers crossed)>>
    >>
    Thanks guys again for the support>>
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Mike your correct, but it being on my drive they class it as private property so thats a good thing.

BTW thanks for the Email this morning.

Jebus...you sure you aren't the next guest on 'Pimp my Ride'?

This is crazy stuff... people watching you and waiting to pounce at a moments notice? Toronto is such a nice city too (or so I thought)

Best wishes for a positive outcome to this man !! Merry friggen' X-mas eh?
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Jebus...you sure you aren't the next guest on 'Pimp my Ride'?

This is crazy stuff... people watching you and waiting to pounce at a moments notice? Toronto is such a nice city too (or so I thought)

Best wishes for a positive outcome to this man !! Merry friggen' X-mas eh?
    Oh Yea great Christmas Spirt! LOL

So my broker just found me a 2003 RS6 out of Florida, Same Miles as i had, Black on Black. Just need to settle up and get the ball rolling.

How many miles did you have?

There is a 20k mile car in Texas with the 5yr Fidelity ext warranty. Fidelity is good in Canada.

Palette - that car in FL is local to me if you want eyes on it..... I spoke with the guy when I was looking but ruled it out because of the question marks and the color....Id be more then happy to connect with him and either coordinate a PPI at my shop or just check it over..... I suspect we have similar standards..... I spent 4 months trying to find mine ( bought with 26k and like new other then the APR tune -thanks to the previous owner for covering that large nut !!).

All the best ~

E
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

Quote Originally Posted by covertw12 View Post
    Palette - that car in FL is local to me if you want eyes on it..... I spoke with the guy when I was looking but ruled it out because of the question marks and the color....Id be more then happy to connect with him and either coordinate a PPI at my shop or just check it over..... I suspect we have similar standards..... I spent 4 months trying to find mine ( bought with 26k and like new other then the APR tune -thanks to the previous owner for covering that large nut !!).

All the best ~

E
    I will keep you posted just need to settle with my Insurace before i do anything.
    I have already told them if it is not found in the next 2 days i want it replaces as it will have been tagged as a Thieft recovery if it goes to long.

There is a 20k mile car in Texas with the 5yr Fidelity ext warranty. Fidelity is good in Canada.
    I had 60K on mine. And a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty

Holy shit, Palette, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Hopefully that thief gets what's coming to him (a severe beating), and hopefully you get what's coming to you (an undamaged RS6).

Palette - very sorry to hear about your ride. I've had a couple of very special cars taken from me also. Sucks that you only had it for 3 weeks!

Not to flip it around, but DHall1 is talking about my car. I am actively trying to sell it. If you are interested, feel free to PM me.

Cheers - Justin