Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: FMU Intake, group Buy

ANdrew that looks fantastic........Cant wait to run some #'s, although, I guess I will dyno once more before I put your intake on.....stage3 meth injection came in today, getting installed tues..., run a dyno...then run another with you intake.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by yokust View Post
    Even bone stock the airbox is a bottleneck.

Like I stated before, my car made more HP to the wheels with the Apikol intake setup on it.

Testing for the intake was done on same day, and never was rolled off dyno. Made more whp on stock chip, and made even more with APR program turned on.

Apkiol and Dahlback systems have been both dyno proven, but they are basisclly the same minus a huge chunk of carbon that the Dahlback comes with
    How much more hp and torque did the car make before and after the intake upgrade? Do you have a graph from the dyno? I am considering buying one but I need some concrete numbers first.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    ANdrew that looks fantastic........Cant wait to run some #'s, although, I guess I will dyno once more before I put your intake on.....stage3 meth injection came in today, getting installed tues..., run a dyno...then run another with you intake.
    How is your transmission holding up?

so far so good, jinx.......seriously I am fully prepared for the worse, given what i am putting down at last dyno, and now adding meth injection, I have to assume my tranny wont hold up. My mechanic has 2 extra that I will eventually(if needed) buy one, hardened internals, extra clutch packs and better TC
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    How much more hp and torque did the car make before and after the intake upgrade? Do you have a graph from the dyno? I am considering buying one but I need some concrete numbers first.
    Well mine is the Apikol intake, not the one here. I honestly have no idea if there design or filters will work as well as others.

I do have dyno's and graphs for them, but would have to dig up all the stuff to find out which one is what. If you contact Apikol he has everything also, since he was doing R+D for them before they went for sale

Alright, guys, here's another update for you.

Craig is currently hammering away at the welds for the intake boxes, and they're coming along great. Here's some in-process pictures, followed by more shots of what it will look like once it's in the engine bay. Sorry we didn't have the connections between the grille and the CF cans in place for these shots, our engineer had them on his side of the shop.

Don't forget, if you'd like to get in on this group buy, it's not too late. Tidus888 is still missing in action, so we've got an opening. Deposit information can be found out by emailing me: andrew [at] fluidmotorunion [dot] com
    http://www.fluidmotorunion.com

Andrew nice....question, how will be addind MAF?, using existing MAF and housing?

I just E-mailed Hoppen about purchasing the "Stronger MAF seals" as MTM calls them. I'll let you know about the price & availability. I mentioned that I may be able to get a group of people in on a purchase if they have to order from Germany.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Stock MAF housing and sensor, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I just E-mailed Hoppen about purchasing the "Stronger MAF seals" as MTM calls them. I'll let you know about the price & availability. I mentioned that I may be able to get a group of people in on a purchase if they have to order from Germany.
    I actually sent out the same e-mail as soon as I learned that Hoppen imports MTM products. haha. Great minds think alike.

$89 shipped (for individuals)

I ordered mine a week ago.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

I feel a group buy coming on....
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I feel a group buy coming on....
    I'll see if I can get one going on Audizine
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I'll see if I can get one going on Audizine
    No Pat No!!!
    O/T: Got the TB kit in today. All looks good.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Ahh, so the intake box is metal... I thought it was CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    Ahh, so the intake box is metal... I thought it was CF.
    The filter cans are carbon fiber. The intake box and the two arms that connect to the cans are made of metal, yes.

Have you checked IATs to see that they have not increased due to heatsoak from the metal intake components?

really? I mean, given design is diff then Apikol or dahlbacks, which both utilize open airfilters in engine bay and are constructed of metal-both have claimed to increase HP, u think the CF Box doesnt absorb alot of heat encompassing the whole manifold? I guess covertw12 will have to DYNO, cause my snow stage 3 is being installed as we speak, and I am pretty sure there is plenty of research and verified #'s that IAT temps drop with meth/water use...