Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: installing turbo boost gauge......

installing turbo boost gauge......

So I want to know how well my system holds boost, etc....took airbox off today, not bad, but curious if anyone else thought the driver side MAF plug is a PIA when removing box and reinstalling? Everything is tight in this engine. I also took opp to change vac lines. I tapped 1 of the back vac lines and ran line thru a convient hole by brake lines, and another convient hole in firewall. But I am curious, I know how to ground, but where should I tap 12v, key on?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

If I remember correctly, if you remove the lower dash panel on the drivers side, there are 12v battery, and 12v ignition terminals on the relay panel available for accessories.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I ran a 12V line to a fuse in the fuse box that was activated with the lights. I ran the ground to a ground post right under the fuse box.

Here was my gauge install:

http://motorsports.chrismore.com/200...e-install.html
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

ty guys, appreciate it.....now find a pod for the gauge...
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    I ran a 12V line to a fuse in the fuse box that was activated with the lights. I ran the ground to a ground post right under the fuse box.

Here was my gauge install:

http://motorsports.chrismore.com/200...e-install.html
    nice install, I may have to try the vent mod.....hard to do?

Hey chris, do you have any additional pics on the vent mod? How did you get it out/back in?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I have one of these in my car. They have the 52mm version too. Very accurate and fast gauge.
    http://audipages.com/tozo/6lbs%20boost.JPG
    05 Cayenne turbo

Tozo did u buy a pod/vent or fab like cmore?

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    So I want to know how well my system holds boost gauges, etc....took airbox off today, not bad, but curious if anyone else thought the driver side MAF plug is a PIA when removing box and reinstalling? Everything is tight in this engine. I also took opp to change vac lines. I tapped 1 of the back vac lines and ran line thru a convient hole by brake lines, and another convient hole in firewall. But I am curious, I know how to ground, but where should I tap 12v, key on?
    any piece of metal should work just scrape off the paint

Tozo did u buy a pod/vent or fab like cmore?
    I made it. It is the bigger size gauge 60mm.
    05 Cayenne turbo

I ended up installing gauge in the vent closest to drivers window.....the middle vent was a huge PIA to get metal off, and i didnt want to break it. My gauge is 52mm, just fits in the vent, but i had a hell of time trying to get the vains glued back in, so i'm either going tozo, solid piece, or painstakingly glue the vains in..
    heres a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boost..jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	10612  

Yeah, probably easier to put it in there. I was able to run the hose and wires up to the center vent by drilling a hole in the back of the vent. I completely lucked out because I ran a coat hanger down through the hole and it came out exactly in the foot well area. The hardest part for me was gluing the vains back in place since the center will be cut out.

I ended up installing gauge in the vent closest to drivers window.....the middle vent was a huge PIA to get metal off, and i didnt want to break it. My gauge is 52mm, just fits in the vent, but i had a hell of time trying to get the vains glued back in, so i'm either going tozo, solid piece, or painstakingly glue the vains in..
    heres a pic.
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

ditto on the vains, i would rather have the vains, but it got late last night, and my stubby fingers were getting in the way...

You can get one of these and just fit it in. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...w=330505542199
    05 Cayenne turbo

37mm? I am pretty sure my 52mm will be a tight fit, unless i grind out middle? Ty Tozo

Tozo, you never disappoint.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

this would be the best if you could pull it off..

SPP boost gauge pod for S4..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Yes sweet, but I have the gauge set in to my vent, just waiting to get vent pod ro pop in. I love that, but looks like the alcantra was applied over, very clean