Thread: Non-Recaro RS6 seat weight

Non-Recaro RS6 seat weight

Does anyone have an idea how much the non-Recaro US seats weigh in the RS6? The front two seats together have to account for a ton of weight. If I could convince my wife, I would probably go with semi-race seats as non-cool as it would look. I just hate sliding around on my non-Recaro seats and any better seats requires you to donate your first born.

Thanks,
    Chris
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

What? You don't want the R8 seats????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I would take any seats over the ones in the car like: S4 Recaro, RS4 Recaro, VW R32, R8, etc. I just don't know how anyone can justify in their mind spending 2,500 to 7,000 on upgrading their seats. Unless they have so much disposable income that that is a drop in the bucket. I'm just glad I bought this car with all of the modifications done and for a good price, because almost each of the mods is outside of what I would want to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    What? You don't want the R8 seats????
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

You may want to consider looking at wrecked s5's and get the seats out of them. I searched for a while, but it is hard to find silver. But I'm confused, is the goal to reduce weight or not slide around?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    I would take any seats over the ones in the car like: S4 Recaro, RS4 Recaro, VW R32, R8, etc. I just don't know how anyone can justify in their mind spending 2,500 to 7,000 on upgrading their seats. Unless they have so much disposable income that that is a drop in the bucket. I'm just glad I bought this car with all of the modifications done and for a good price, because almost each of the mods is outside of what I would want to pay.
    Agreed! The mod list you have is nice.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared