Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 6 Speed Manual Track session Video

RS6 6 Speed Manual Track session Video

Hi Everyone.
    Long time Since I posted about the Manual RS6 swap I did earlier in the Year... So far logged 4000 plus miles, and this Past weekend took car to a Open track day at Buttonwillow. Car felt Great, and very smooth on power coming out of turns. Right now, car has Stock settings on ECU, cause It was raining very heavy in the AM. But for the most part No problems w car what so ever. Even drove car there, and drove back same day.

Updates: Been getting 20-25mpg on city driving if I'm not too heavy on Throttle. The Alum flywheel, and FX 400 are working perfectly together. Very drivable. Working on getting the Car tuned at GIAC for a custom file. The ER rs6 inter-coolers are working out Great as well.

Will post up when I have more Info and Numbers on Car. but if anyone Interested in getting a ride please Hit me up

Here are the videos if anyone likes to see them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGYSS_kxE4
    PART 1 In car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVpl30Mo390
    Part 2 In car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7AOJbszOfY
    This video is from another Friends car of the Behind shots of the Car, Earlier in the Day when it was Raining (check out the slide at 8:56)

Nice video's Matt. Could you post some interior pics of the car too? What steering wheel are you using? Is your friend driving a B6 S4?
    Last edited by hahnmgh63; November 27th, 2010 at 07:37.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Nice video's Matt. Could you post some interior pics of the car too? What steering wheel are you using?
    Using R8/TT steering Wheel right now... The interior is all the Same... I don't have the Shifter cover in Carbon fiber yet. Been too busy to modify it and install in. So Embarrassing as it is I'm using the 2.7T a6 wood trim.
    When i get the shifter cover in, I'll post the Interior up

Seriously awesome Matt! Definitely considering the 6 speed swap in the future. Nice slide btw.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Cool vids and thanks for sharing Matt! I had a very wet track day at HPT during the spring and it was a lot of fun. While the others were sitting in their garages with very long faces or tip toeing around the track, the Audi machines were rolling.

I look forward to your updates!
    210K miles rolled

great car and great modifications on it matt !

do you have a thread about your car or more pics ?

greets from cold and snowy germany...
    mfg
    Daniel

RS6plus -- blue pack -- h&r suspension -- 20" rs6 c6 wheels -- fully loaded and wagner cooled !

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@ravenms View Post
    Using R8/TT steering Wheel right now... The interior is all the Same... I don't have the Shifter cover in Carbon fiber yet. Been too busy to modify it and install in. So Embarrassing as it is I'm using the 2.7T a6 wood trim.
    When i get the shifter cover in, I'll post the Interior up
    Yeah more info! Were you able to wire that wheel so the airbag works?

Very nice. I've been wondering about your car. Last a saw I read it was running properly, but that was it. Glad that you are able to have some fun with it after all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    great car and great modifications on it matt !

do you have a thread about your car or more pics ?

greets from cold and snowy germany...
    Thanks, there was a thread about the whole swap, flywheel, etc.... maybe couple months back? Couple pictures in there..

If your every in the Mood to Sell your car, I'll be the First Bidder Were looking for a Avant to bring over to the states

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Yeah more info! Were you able to wire that wheel so the airbag works?
    Yes airbag and horn work... but only single stage works....very easy to install it.

I'll be posting up more info as far as tuning and any other upgrades.

Great job Matt. I am also looking forward to hearing more about the R8 steering wheel swap!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

If my trans takes a $hit (eventually I am assuming), I will bargain with the EW for this instead of another slush box...
    tempted to take a ride up to Long Beach for a look/see...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I agree with ben916. Someone needs to come up with a turn-key price from a licensed repair facility so we can bargain with our warranty companies - not if, but when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Great job Matt. I am also looking forward to hearing more about the R8 steering wheel swap!
    I guess the Steering wheel is more important then the 6speed conversion, lol Its easy as 1-2-3

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    If my trans takes a $hit (eventually I am assuming), I will bargain with the EW for this instead of another slush box...
    tempted to take a ride up to Long Beach for a look/see...
    Ben916, The guy who owns this manual RS6 knows you from Audi Club events. His name is Riccardo. He says come on up for a Ride

Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    I agree with ben916. Someone needs to come up with a turn-key price from a licensed repair facility so we can bargain with our warranty companies - not if, but when the time comes.
    If you only know how the Funding was received "wink wink" to perform this Swap. $7,000 Auto Tranny cough cough I meant Manual......

I guess the Steering wheel is more important then the 6speed conversion, lol Its easy as 1-2-3

Ben916, The guy who owns this manual RS6 knows you from Audi Club events. His name is Riccardo. He says come on up for a Ride

If you only know how the Funding was received "wink wink" to perform this Swap. $7,000 Auto Tranny cough cough I meant Manual......
    This is where I move my chips "ALL IN" (once the TQ/TRANS take a poop...)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

This is where I move my chips "ALL IN" (once the TQ/TRANS take a poop...)
    I think your Tranny starting to Go out, didnt it slip this morning..

I think your Tranny starting to Go out, didnt it slip this morning..
    Why yes, yes it did!
    On a paddle shift from 2nd to 3rd, it shifted to 4th.
    or is that not the "symptoms" cough cough???

Why yes, yes it did!
    On a paddle shift from 2nd to 3rd, it shifted to 4th.
    or is that not the "symptoms" cough cough???
    Looks like your stuck in Limp mode now, only driving in 3rd gear And the Fluid is Black and Burned.

Seems like a "normal" problem for these RS6 tranny's since I just had this Happen to my Customer car Cough.... Cough.....

Just a Heads up. We are Taking the RS6 back out to ButtonWillow on Dec 19th. for Speed Ventures.

If anyone is interested in Checking the Car out. Please feel free to Cruise by the Event and Look for the Audi group Kickin ass out there.

Also, giving FREE rides around track.....