Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

Thumbs down

All rs3 fr.o.m. My dealer inc mine has been canceled no delivery date at all here in Sweden...Just q2 2011. This car just sucks!!! My patient has run out fot long time ago....... Sorry

Well my car is built, and just needs to be shipped to blighty

So fingers crossed i could have it by the end of October...

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    Well my car is built, and just needs to be shipped to blighty

So fingers crossed i could have it by the end of October...
    You'll love it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCuz View Post
    You'll love it :-)
    I hope so, as it has a lot to live upto as the TTRS in flipping awesome

Audi RS 3 wins Autonis 2011 design prize

Audi RS 3 wins in the compact car class

22,916 readers selected from 83 new models

Stuttgart/Ingolstadt, October 20, 2011 – Audi is a winner once again in the “auto motor und sport” (ams) magazine reader survey. The Audi RS 3 Sportback prevailed against high-caliber competitors from both German and foreign carmakers.

A 36.3 percent share of the ams readers chose the dynamic top model of the A3 series as the best in the compact car class.

A total of 22,916 readers of “auto motor and sport” magazine participated in the voting for
    “Autonis – Best Design Innovations 2011.” The competition included 83 models in eight categories.

The prize was presented in the evening by ams Editor-in-Chief Bernd Ostmann to Norbert Weber, Head of Audi Center Design Interior, at Solitude Castle in Stuttgart.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Might sound like a strange question but my horn doesn't sound great. I'm pretty sure it should have a low and high tone but it sounds like just one is operating.

Had my car in audi today but they said the computer isn't showing any faults and they don't have another RS3 to compare it too.

To me it doesn't sound flat and no where near as beefy as the RS6.

Any comments?

Steve

Due to needing to release capital to fund a project at work, ive actually cancelled my RS3

Wasnt an easy decision, but i still have the TTRS to play with

Collecing a Merc CLS 350CDI on a 3 + 11 pcp that Merc arte currently giving away for £399 + vat per month

Ok i know its not an RS, but it's a lot of car for not a lot of cash.

Abyss, could you just cancel the car after it was already build?

I was mightily impressed with the RS3 and couldn't have been happier when an Italian friend allowed me to take his for a test drive. A few observations.

First the negatives:

The engine is amazing. You all knew that. The only problem is fuel economy. You will be lucky to see 24 mpg overall and if you do much town driving expect it to be around 16-17 mpg. Man, this car is thirsty.

Secondly, the ride is very, very firm. For me, the problem is that there is too little suspension travel. While the car does a reasonable job of soaking-up the worst bumps, it does transmit every hump, stone, hole to the driver's bum. I found it a bit tiring after a while.

The different size front and rear wheels is weird. It also means you can't switch tyres from front to rear as you can in a Golf R. I would have much preferred the same size wheels all-round. I guess Audi was too lazy to give it extended wheel arches at the back, which would have allowed it to accept a common size of tyre all round.

Now the positives:

New 7-speed S-tronic box is brilliant to use. I'd never want to use a manual again after using this.

The cabin is very comfortable and well laid-out. I think the sports seats are a must, because they really grip you.

The ground-covering ability of this car is unlike anything else I've driven. It has monstrous acceleration, monstrous cornering ability and a monstrous top speed. Few other cars can catch you when you nail it.

It was very hard (at least on UK roads) to exploit the available performance. If it had only 300 bhp, it would still be a blindingly fast car and probably return better file economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Abyss, could you just cancel the car after it was already build?
    I sold my delivery slot to someone else.

The car is due into the UK this week, so someone's going to be a very happy bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Brakedust View Post
    The only problem is fuel economy. You will be lucky to see 24 mpg overall and if you do much town driving expect it to be around 16-17 mpg. Man, this car is thirsty.
    You must have been pushing on, at motorway cruising speeds 7th gear is more like a diesel ratio such that during my test with the car it was easily showing 30+mpg. Last time I saw 16-17mpg was with my wife's 4.2l V8 S4 and I cant believe the 2.5L 5 pot is in that league! still time will tell. Build week is still showing as Wk48 so fingers crossed.

LOL - how can you comment on the fuel economy after a test drive??

I've done 3400 miles now and economy for the performance is better than any other petrol car I've ever driven.

With loads of town driving (which I do) the economy will drop to early 20's but on long runs I usually average 30 plus.

My overall avg is sitting about 26-27 which for a car that accelerates to 60 in 4 secs is not bad!

Ride too for me is perfect. We must have nicer roads over in Northern Ireland :-)

Steve

LOL - how can you comment on the fuel economy after a test drive??

I've done 3400 miles now and economy for the performance is better than any other petrol car I've ever driven.

With loads of town driving (which I do) the economy will drop to early 20's but on long runs I usually average 30 plus.

My overall avg is sitting about 26-27 which for a car that accelerates to 60 in 4 secs is not bad!

Ride too for me is perfect. We must have nicer roads over in Northern Ireland :-)

Steve
    Simply suggesting that despite the performance the gearing is such that on a decent run at sensible speeds reasonably fuel economy should be achievable, nothing more, nothing less

Sorry s3dbw my comments weren't directed at your comments but the initial post from Brakedust.

I was confirming what you said ;-)

Steve

Sorry s3dbw my comments weren't directed at your comments but the initial post from Brakedust.

I was confirming what you said ;-)

Steve
    No probs Steve, just seriously envious of the fact that you are running around enjoying what is a great car and mine has yet to come of the production line!! Like yourself I also found the ride OK and as I said in a previous post is a lot less firm than when the sport setting on the magnetic ride option of an S3 is switched on!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by s3dbw View Post
    You must have been pushing on, at motorway cruising speeds 7th gear is more like a diesel ratio such that during my test with the car it was easily showing 30+mpg. Last time I saw 16-17mpg was with my wife's 4.2l V8 S4 and I cant believe the 2.5L 5 pot is in that league! still time will tell. Build week is still showing as Wk48 so fingers crossed.
    Yes, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by s3dbw View Post
    Build week is still showing as Wk48 so fingers crossed.
    What spec are going for?

Steve, were you at the A6 Avant launch this night. David invited myself but I couldn't stay for the entire evening and the unveiling. If you were there what was revealed?

P.S.
    Got a wild notion of getting one of the facelift S5 coupes next and after seeing a TT there in that unusual metallic red I am leaning towards that colour.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Out at Aldens tonight so wasn't there.

Do it!! Sounds nice.

Steve