Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

All those marketing clones named SCOTT are full of cr8p that only they can believe in, or some blindfolded fanatics, and my advice to you is just to ignore them!

*thumps up*

bimmerboys are the worst manufactur fanatics i know.

bimmerboys dont love cars, its like satanism and the devil is bmw.
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    *thumps up*

bimmerboys are the worst manufactur fanatics i know.

bimmerboys dont love cars, its like satanism and the devil is bmw.
    haha, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    Scott26 a BMW insider from bimmerpost.com wrote that the 1 M coupe will leave the TT RS to dead performance wise. also on track. i hope thats not true and just fanboy talk.
    I think you are misquoting what he said, his actual words were 'I have seen some internal results , leaves the TTRS for dead in driving dynamics and overall enJOYment. And runs close to the Cayman S. (Cayman R might be a different story , though)'

Driving dynamics might mean it's ability to be controlled on the throttle, this is different from being quicker which I very much doubt it is which is why he chose his words wisely.

I think BMW should concern themselves with how well it compares to the RS3 before aiming higher up the food chain.

Good to know bimmerboy tested both cars so he knows what he's talking about.

However, this looks quite good.

Anyone care to PS an RS3 Sportsback for us?

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post

That is one angle where the M1 looks stunning.

I actually think it looks more exciting looking than the RS3 but then again one is a 2dr coupe and the other a 5dr hatchback. Now if you were to compare it to the TTRS then it's no contest.

The M1 looks beautifull to me by far nicer than the RS3. No doubt the M1 will be sharper and more exciting.

@ Tailpipe : how can you even think the RS3 will eat the M1 for breakfast... ? I understand you like the RS3 but let us remain objective please.

I've been lingering around here for a while. I'm currently looking to replace my R32, really it's our second car, but it has to shift a child and all their stuff and provide some fun when the child isn't in tow. The Golf R doesn't appeal, mainly due to cost, it's nearly £10k more than the R32 I spec'd just over four years ago. It comes in at nearly 40K....that's RS3 money.

The 130 was put up against the R32 by Top Gear in 2006. No contest, the R32 won pretty much on all counts. I don't think it is a given that the 1 series will be the better car. Don't forget it isn't really an M1, it's more like a 135 with some tweaks. The 1 series doesn't appeal at all, it's isn't a good looking car and it barely seats four, the back seats are very cramped. And the interior is far from perfect. The RS3 will be aging platform, but so is the 1 series.

I hope to get a drive in the RS3, if it's good then I could well order. Does anyone have anymore details on UK pricing? There's no detail on options or their prices on Audi UK's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    The M1 looks beautifull to me by far nicer than the RS3. No doubt the M1 will be sharper and more exciting.

@ Tailpipe : how can you even think the RS3 will eat the M1 for breakfast... ? I understand you like the RS3 but let us remain objective please.
    I think new guy doodlebug said it best in that the M1 isn't really an M in the same sense that the others are, it's more like a smaller 335is and that car is no better than an S4, the M1 has an advantage over the 335is in that it's got a LSD which will give it the throttle control of the M3. But I have to agree with you that the RS3 won't eat it for breakfast, for that to happen the RS3 would need to have a healthy power advantage which it doesn't. These cars are very evenly matched in no only price and power but I reckon performance as well.

absolutely correct Joker.

The bottom line will be "as usual" BM best driving/involving car with great 6, poor interior and Audi good allround, easy power, great interior but lack of feel.... Pure chrono wise both wil be very even for shure. No surprise here. Then every one goes for what he is looking for.

Personally I like very much what I see especially with some M extras such as buckets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post

absolutely correct Joker.

The bottom line will be "as usual" BM best driving/involving car with great 6, poor interior and Audi good allround, easy power, great interior but lack of feel.... Pure chrono wise both wil be very even for shure. No surprise here. Then every one goes for what he is looking for.
    Well this might be what I would usually say about an M against an RS but this will be the first proper non SUV M car to have a turbo engine and this rather huge difference might upset the otherwise finest throttle balance. At least with the quattro Audi such things don't upset it's handling the same.

I think it's too early to call this one just yet.

The questions I really hope that will get answerred in the next few days (sorry that I'm so exited about this but it is frustrating to see that BMW-dealers can tell already much more about the 1 M Coupe than we know about the RS3, even though the RS3 is launched earlyer)
    1. When will we see the PDF-pricelist and will the car be on the configurator
    2. When will the car magazines and blogs drive the testcar (which were produced already a while ago, I'm reffering to Qisha's post)
    3. What is the Nordschleife lap-time, will it be as fast as the 1 M Coupe?
    4. Will audi offer more 'decent' colours like Dark Blue, or will we have to take it in Black if we don't want to drive around too flashy
    5. There's still some uncertainty about the Haldex, is it now exactly the same as in the TT-RS or is is slightly tweaked (that's what is rumoured on other MB's)
    6. Is the car still going to be limited to 2700 pieces?

Please help us out of this misery, Qi...God! .

Dutch carsite Autoblog.nl says that the BMW 1M coupe does the Nurburgring in 8 minutes and 12 seconds....
    That is one second quicker than the old E60 M5, and 7 seconds slower than the E92 M3....
    It is also 27 seconds quicker than the BMW 135i

Does anyone have times for the RS3? or the TT-RS?

101. Audi TT-RS Coupe 8:09.00 152 '09 340 / 1450 SportAuto
    found this on fastestlaps.com, don't know for sure if this is reliable though...

*edit* it is also mentioned on the site of SportAuto: http://www.sportauto-online.de/runde...s-1062778.html

if this is trough the RS3 Sportback and the 1 M Coupé will be on par.

Quote Originally Posted by rs-6 View Post
    if this is trough the RS3 Sportback and the 1 M Coupé will be on par.
    I expect them to be on par performance wise but they remain two different animals once driven no doubt.

The RS3 engine and its performances are the benchmark for this segment . I love the M1 look especially on the white color (above pic) but the interior seems very poor as usual for a BM.

Coming back to my personal feel about the RS3 : I find it hugly and unfinished i.e. not well thought and developped as a true RS (you all know what I mean by that). How can they fit wider front tires and let the rear with 225 !!! The body should have been much wider and with the RS twin pipes. If it would have come out "properly" I would have been one of the first buyer, but like this no thank you very much !

My personal judgement of course.

How can they fit wider front tires and let the rear with 225
    They did this to avoid understeer...

Okay, Fab, just for you, I'll rise to the bait...

Will the M1 cream a TT-RS and a Cayman? I very much doubt it. if straight-line performance is all you care about, we've seen elsewhere what a chipped TT-RS can do to a V10. So all you need to do is boost output to around 420 bhp and your stock 5-cylinder engine will give you enough beef to roast an M1 and M. On the other hand, if you simply care about point-to-point ability across undulating A and B roads, as I do , then you'll stick to a standard RS3 with Quattro and leave the BMW struggling for grip with its traction control light flashing like a disco light.

On the 10 to 15 dry summer days we have in the UK, the ability to steer the M1 using the accelerator will be appreciated. For the other 355 days when it is wet, slippery and cold, I'll stick to AWD totally predictable handling of an Audi with Quattro. Having owned an E46 M3, I am not deceived by this BMW crap. If you think BMWs are better, you know which site to post on...

When it comes to styling, I have always preferred Audi's understated look. I think the BMW M1 looks hideous and over the top. I don't think this car is going to blow away the RS3. Finally, and decisively, I think owning an Audi is now a much better proposition than owning a BMW in terms of build quality, engineering integrity, component longevity, interior cabin ambiance, and plain badge appeal.