Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

Qisha,

Congratulations! It is fantastic. Did you tell them to hurry u and aunch it? Looks like they listened. Bravo. It seems as though Audi has done a magnificent job. I can't wait to drive it. Styling is excellent. Thank you, Audi.

On seeing the high level of standard kit I reckon the price will probably be closer to £40k.

P.S.
    Officially 4.6s to 62mph probably on the conservative side, so are we really looking at a 4.2-4.3s to 60mph hatchback. Beat that if you can BMW.

bada$$ little car. can't wait to see it go against the 135 M or whatever they call it.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

The electronic stabilization program (ESP) features a Sport mode and can be switched off entirely.

Good Audi!

Too bad it only comes as Sportback and S tronic and has thinner wheels in the back.
    Other than that i like it.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Love it!, and would love to know cool facts about the development involved in the car, such as the reason for the rear spoiler shape.

Videos of the RS3 are now surfacing.

The specs: Great
    Front and rear facia: Great
    Five doors: Great

The only thing I can think of that I would have liked added is flared fenders to match the great looks. I am very interested in this car even if it will be dated in 2 years time.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Qisha,

can you explain in detail why there isn't enough space for the exhaust on both sides?
    TT-RS has also on both sides - isn't it the same platform?

Nice overall!

Initial reactions:

+ That engine, the optional buckets with the red stiching and fb-steering wheel look gorgeous , decent std equipment by the looks of it, Sportback, turbo & S-tronic gel so well as a concept, front fenders and front dam are nice
    - Weight (what else is new), open questions around suspension and Haldex application, phase out model, why narrower rear tyres (does not seem like a typo after checking audi.de), no typical RS exhaust pipes, rear looks more subtle

Hi.

Nice to hear about new addition to the RS family. Rather disappointed though, great engine but looks are to subtle (normal A3/S3 is pretty ugly car actually especially on the frontside), using same wheels as TT RS and RS5. Seems like the cost efficiency is making Audi less wanted and especially less unique, at least I am checking other options after being hugely disappointed after RS5 and RS3, not to mention the whale RS6. No need to the get rid of magnificient RS4 any time soon. Maybe I have to start looking other manufacturers beside Audi from now on as the RS lineup is looking the same in front and also too much like the standard A/S model.

I'd like to see something new and special every time new model is introduced, at least to see new wheels as before (RS4 B5/B7, RS6 C5/C6 and TT RS) and also flared wheel arches and dual exhaust pipes.

It smells like getting more profit from just a bit different that bulk models. Shame..
    -JM
    Audi RS4 Avant (B7) - Daytona Grey

Probably wont be coming to the US right? This is the first wagon I would buy. I told a friend of mine who has an A3 that if the RS3 came here I would buy one.

Very disapointed it looks like a badly tuned A3. Tires of 225 at rear come on why not 205. No double pipe as the RS signature.

The S3 remains a much more logical and armonious package.

For me Audi RS are totally loosing credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    Very disapointed it looks like a badly tuned A3.
    I actually don't mind the looks, the front reminds me a little of the RS4 which was far more aggressive looking compared to the then S4 than the RS5 looks in comparison to the S5. I see it as a return to form for Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    No double pipe as the RS signature.
    Me too, it's disappointing no single oval pipe either side but Qisha explained this earlier. In my humble opinion if it couldn't be done then it should have had the same twin ovals at one side as the original RS4 had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audirs420001024x76.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	10544
    Last edited by Erik; November 23rd, 2010 at 12:34. Reason: Edited by Erik - images

@Joker - I don't know what you do when you input images but it isn't working. Can you please use the traditional way with IMG (image tags) supplied by this forum software? Thanks!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    @Joker - I don't know what you do when you input images but it isn't working. Can you please use the traditional way with IMG (image tags) supplied by this forum software? Thanks!
    I did use the traditional way. When I click on the image it enlarges it to full size.

Here's the link, please try it yourself.

Edited by Erik please use the IMG tags (pictures) not URL. Cheers

Looks are fantastic to me, i only wish it had an option of manual gearbox...