Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    Sorry buddy, like i said I read it on Audi's facebook status this friday I believe. It impresses me the brutal difference between the TT-S and TT-RS.

http://www.facebook.com/audi there it is my friend.

Saludos everyone!
    Having looked at Fastestlaps website and the times for past Audis it does look possible this 8:09. The TTS did 8:29 but the older S3 did 8:41, I know that does sound like a big gap but as there's no latest S3 time I looked at the Golf R for reference and it's quicker by 6 seconds. Similar car the S3 so it's fair to expect a similar time from the S3, I am also aware this was a factory time but how much slower would expect other professional drivers to be, the likes of the ones used by Sportauto.

Take the same 20 seconds off that time and you end up with 8:03, 6 or so seconds sounds reasonable. What do you think?

Hmmm...are you sure it wasnt the TT-RS time you seen? :

"Audi USA - As one of the most difficult roads in the world, the Nürburgring - Nordschleife is where fast cars go to test their merit. The Audi TT RS lapped the 13-mile course in 8 minutes and 9 seconds, making it one of the top 100 fastest cars around the 'Ring - http://audi.us/hnbR02. What matters most in a sportscar: 0-60 mph times, top speed, or overall performance?"

That was posted on Friday.
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Hmmm...are you sure it wasnt the TT-RS time you seen? :

"Audi USA - As one of the most difficult roads in the world, the Nürburgring - Nordschleife is where fast cars go to test their merit. The Audi TT RS lapped the 13-mile course in 8 minutes and 9 seconds, making it one of the top 100 fastest cars around the 'Ring - http://audi.us/hnbR02. What matters most in a sportscar: 0-60 mph times, top speed, or overall performance?"

That was posted on Friday.
    ...and you are absolutely right...sorry :S, I'll guess I'll blaim on the Friday and being exhausted.

Sorry guys.

haha, it's ok
    HKS786

So what time do we think that the RS3 will do around the Ring?

If the Golf R does it in 8:23 and the TT-RS does it in 8:09, I think we can safely say that it will at least be between these two times, say 8:14. But then I remember that there is no longer an RS4 coming and that quattro Gmbh engineers will have made use of the accumulated knowledge gained from developing the TT-RS. Then there are the new reinforced suspension arms, uprated brakes and perhaps crucially the new 7-speed dual clutch transmission with launch control. It can handle more than twice the amount of torque than the existing 6-speed DCT on the S3 - meaning that the ratios can be spaced more aggressively. So maybe 8:09 isn't impossible.

For sure Audi will want the RS3's Ring time to be as close to that of the BMW 1-Series M as possible. In fact, I am sure that Dr Piech has issued clear instructions that the Munich marque is to be humbled in this segment. And God help those who fail to realise the good doctor's wishes.

BTW everyone, I believe that the major motoring magazines are all about to test the RS3 if indeed they haven't already done so, but with a story embargo until just after Christmas. Come January, we should be bombarded with RS3 facts. I am sure one reason that Qisha has been so silent lately is because there is more to the RS3 than we yet know.

So, I am optimistic or at least quietly confident about the RS3.

On another forum a swiss guy claims that he has ordered the RS3 with Magnetic Ride(which was, he says, available on the internal configurator). Is that somehow possible? Or is he lying/wrong?

I have ordered mine with magnetic ride too, although I did so without knowing whether it will actually be offered as an option. Still no UK prices and spec yet.

UK spec is documented on the Audi UK website along with basic price. No options or prices available though.

You can now configure the RS3 on the Audi UK but it doesn't offer the option to add magnetic ride, either the other bloke is lying or it's not available for order as of yet in the UK, which would surprise me.

http://configurator.audi.co.uk/?.html

Where can one find the Audi exclusive Colour-palette?

Now that I've seen the actual specifications and options on the UK Audi Configurator, it looks as if the RS3 is not available with magnetic ride. I know they have upgraded the suspension to cope with the extra power, so maybe MR was either not needed or there wasn't room for it. This worries me slightly. The ride is likely to be VERY firm. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Z

I recall somebody mentioning press reviews starting early in new year so you should be finding out how the ride quality is very soon. Hope it's decent as I didn't like the TTRS on stock suspension.

Anyone who knows when we can expect the first reviews of the RS3? Can't wait to see a 1 M coupe vs RS3 Sportback test...
    nobody who can answer the question concerning the Audi Exclusive colours?

Audi released a handful of new RS3 photos yesterday that I thought you'd all enjoy (this time in a color other than red).

The photos were taken near the Mont-Tremblant ski resort in Montreal, Canada as promotion for the upcoming Fascination quattro winter driving event. I found the choice of location to display these cars quite peculiar though, considering the RS3 and A1 have yet to be confirmed for North American sale.

I posted the entire photo set on quattroholic.com which includes the RS5, TT RS, A1 quattro, A7, S4 and Sport quattro/Ur-quattro rally cars (all in the snow) - click here for the gallery: http://www.quattroholic.com/2011/01/...-audi-rs3.html

Photos courtesy of Audi AG
    - Adam
    quattroholic.com - We're addicted to Audi

Thanks for those beautiful pictures in Daytona Grey, probably my favourite Audi colour. Just wished we had a road test to accompany those pics, it's seriously long over due especially since BMW acknowledged the need to keep their customers bang up to date every step of the way with the M1 coupe, including some pre-launch reviews.

Audi you need to do better.

P.S.
    Can't wait to see how these two cars stack up, of course BMW fans believe the M1 will win easily but I wouldn't count on it.

Happy new Year, everyone!

i love these pictures. Thank you quattroholic. The new RS3 looks terrific. Seeing them just makes me all the more eager to see a proper review and test video of the car. I am hoping it will be any day now.

As I've said before, my one concern about the RS3 is how hard the ride will be. I worry that the lack of an adjustable suspension system (magnetic ride) may mean the car is is bone-jarringly stiff. That said, however, I have faith in the boys from quattro Gmbh. The RS4 didn't have magnetic ride and rode beautifully.

I can't make up my mind whether I prefer Phantom black with the matt aluminium pack or Misano red with the black detailing. So glad I didn't get a Golf R.

Qisha what can you tell us about the RS3's suspension?