Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    My car has finally had its build week confirmed, so a week come monday (week 40) my Racing Blue Mica RS3 will go into production. So hopefully it will land with Bath Audi before the end of October
    I'm happy for you. You won't be disappointed. I'm absolutely loving my RS3. Every trip is a joy. Best thing is when you 'own' someone in a two-seat sports car and they have no idea what it was that just blew their socks off. Trying desperately hard to act my age (over 40) but it's proving difficult. Can't wait to see the colour.

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    I'm happy for you. You won't be disappointed. I'm absolutely loving my RS3. Every trip is a joy. Best thing is when you 'own' someone in a two-seat sports car and they have no idea what it was that just blew their socks off. Trying desperately hard to act my age (over 40) but it's proving difficult. Can't wait to see the colour.
    If the TTRS is anything to go by, then im sure i'll love it.

Oh, ive just ordered a set of Milltek cat replacement pipes too, so roll on the next 4/5 weeks

My car i supposedly in production this week. Will be booked on the ship only on the 10th Oct and then 3-4 weeks to get here. Then another week or so before it arrives at the dealer.... So if im really lucky mid November.

Well my car was scheduled to be built this week, so hopefully i will have some news later this week

With a fair number of RS3s now on UK roads, various people are revising their earlier negative opinions about it. I understand that several UK journalists have acquired RS3s as daily drivers and early reports are very encouraging. While the 2.5 litre engine was known and liked, it is the addition of the 7-speed high torque DCT that is really making waves. It imbues the car with stunning tractability but also surprising economy. My only gripe is that I would have preferred all that performance to be available with 18" wheels. The 19"s get kerbed very easily.

Hi all

v interesting read of tailpipe's thoughts. i came out of a M3 CSL earlier in the year (thinking my RS3 was just round the corner although it now looks like Dec/Jan ) so suspect i will have similar thoughts.

gone for daytona grey with:
    light and rain
    interior light
    bose
    cruise
    elec seats
    privacy glass
    aluminium pack

I saw the RS3 Sportsback for the first time yesterday. (I know - I'm slow this time)

Top Gear Sweden had their release party at Audi Forum in Stockholm.

I must say it looks a bit odd with 235 front and 225 rear, it's not 100% design wise if I may say so.

Still, gorgeous car. And very fast.

The Q3 was released as well. Zzzz...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I must say it looks a bit odd with 235 front and 225 rear
    LOL can't say I've ever seem my car from an angle that I've noticed it.

Steve

BTW, welcome to these forums shill!
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I had a call yesterday re my RS3 and it's been given a build week of 50, although this may change due to the paint problems with Suzuka Grey. Was asked if I wanted to change colours.....erm...nope!!!

ummm no you dont want to change colour...I want to see what it looks like. I recon suzuka and carbon mirros with black optics would look great

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    BTW, welcome to these forums shill!
    cheers Benman !

Another week, and another delay.

Car was confirmed build week 40 ( last week ) but is now showing as build week 41. This is the 3rd delay and takes it to nearly 3 months from the first expected build date

If it's not here by mid November I'm cancelling it, so if anyone fancies a fully loaded one off racing blue mica rs3 then let me know.

You are not the only one with the problem and not only the RS3. A5 facelift, Audi A4. Many people are getting the bad news that their Audi has been delayed. My neighbor who got himself a brand new BMW 530D with individual paint and M package got his car in 7 weeks after placing his signature on the order.

fully loaded one off racing blue mica rs3
    Wow...the car of my dreams...

Another week, and another delay.

If it's not here by mid November I'm cancelling it.
    Keep the faith, brother. The RS3 is beyond incredible. Besides, what else are you going to get instead? No BMW costing more or less the same comes close. Waiting lists for Audis are long precisely because they're so good and everyone wants them.

I hear what youre saying and its not as if im slumming it as we have our TTRS too

mine was originally "promised" as July by an Audi UK man-in-the-know at an Audi event i went to Feb/March time. Dealer then tells me in May it is more like December/January !

One of those things that doesn't wind me up that much, just waiting it out patiently.

Only thing is if i'd have known the wait was that long I would have kept CSL longer or bought something else for 9-10 months. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of life though