Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

I think Bangle had more good designs than bad ones, but unfortunately we only remember the bad ones like the original 7er. The E60 5er was and still is a beautiful looking car.

The BMW products that are currently shittie looking are the X1, the Mini Countryman and this 1er.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think Bangle had more good designs than bad ones, but unfortunately we only remember the bad ones like the original 7er. The E60 5er was and still is a beautiful looking car.

The BMW products that are currently shittie looking are the X1, the Mini Countryman and this 1er.
    As I said, all those above were designed or overseen by A. Van Hyodoonk. CB was only a ''Queen Elizabeth'' in all of that, having actually no influence directly on designing.

The results? The BMW 1M wins, with the Audi finishing second and the Ford last. As seen in the test data below, the Audi with its AWD Quattro is the quickest in a straight line. The Audi also offers the most compliant ride according to Autobild. However, once the cars hit the track, the tide quickly turned.

The 1M was already roughly 4 tenths faster than the RS 3 after the first lap. The gap opened further in subsequent laps due to the Audi's front weight, AWD bias, and tire/brake fade. The Ford Focus RS 500 did surprisingly well, but couldn't overcome its FWD configuration.

I would say that Autobild's conclusion is correct, the 1M will win on the track, maybe not always on that first couple of laps but in the long term due it's more even weight distribution though on the road where brake fade and tyre heat buildup won't be an issue it's the RS3 that is the better choice, that and having the best ride and all weather ability.

Even though the 1M win this test the outcome is debatable, it's not the best choice overall or the best package, that award comfortably goes to the RS3.

I agree, and the RS3 isn't made for the track. It's on the road it shines.

And once again, it's quicker in a straight line..

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I opened a new thread on this very car. Not only do we here think it's fugly but it seems almost all of the BMW fans are of the same opinion.

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/poll....ts&pollid=5682

I rest my case.
    I for my part almost fell off my chair when I saw these pictures. I thought the original Chris Bangle 7-series was a disaster, but this?! It looks HUGE, its proportions are fecked up and lines are chunky and unattractive. Its front makes you think of an upright wall, and it looks just about as wide as....well, a 7-series.

I would tick the box "FAILBOAT. WTF were they thinking?!".

^ I'm currently working on a new slogan to promote the 1 series, hope you like it.

The new 1 series
    Built by the Germans

Designed by idiots.

Maybe this design is so avant garde that it's caught us unaware. Maybe we'll love it this time next year. Maybe not.

Did anyone else see the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class leaked images on Carscoop, Autoblog etc? This was meant to be the production version of the nice looking 3-door A-Class coupe that was unveiled in Shanghai. Alas, the transition from concept to production and 3-door to 5-door seems to introduced a fugly element.

I think the next gen A3 has a clear path to sales success, if it looks like the A3 Sedan concept.

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    I think the next gen A3 has a clear path to sales success, if it looks like the A3 Sedan concept.
    Bring that one on please!

The following was posted by someone on Tyresmoke. Correspondence he has just had from his dealers:

"We appreciate the challenges that Centres are facing due to the lack of information on this model, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to obtain updates from the factory.

Allocation and production

We currently have 500 confirmed build slots for RS 3 Sportback.

We have requested additional allocation from Audi AG, but have not received confirmation that this request can be accommodated.

Please therefore note the following important information with effect from Thursday 19 May:
    *•Any existing Centre showroom or stock vehicles which have not been converted to customer orders will be deleted from SLI.
    *•Centres may continue to place new customer orders until the close of business.
    *•RS 3 Sportback will be removed from ordering on Sli overnight.
    •Any order amendments after this date will need to be requested through the Sales Office.
    As and when we receive confirmation that additional UK allocation has been granted, a Desktop bulletin will be sent and the model will be released for ordering again on SLI.

We anticipate a surge in interest after the UK Press launch when the first road test reports are published. Until we have confirmation that additional volume is secured, we would suggest that Centres do not take customer deposits, but register customer details via the Audi UK Register of Interest at Audi Register of Interest System :: Login. Vehicles would then be allocated in date of interest order as per the normal process.

Build weeks

Wherever possible, we have entered a required build week for every RS 3 Sportback into SLi. As per the usual RS process, vehicles have been allocated in date of deposit order.

Therefore, if your vehicle shows a visible build week, this is a good indication as to when it will be scheduled for production, although we would suggest 1 month’s flexibility is added when indicating a delivery date to your customers.

If no week is displayed, it is likely that the vehicle has not been scheduled due to the paint colour choice, or because it will be built in 2012.

If exclusive paint has been selected, the vehicle will be scheduled by the factory in due course, so please continue to monitor SLi for any update.

If Suzuka grey paint has been selected, this colour will not be released by the factory until week 26, so cars will not schedule until after that date. Build weeks should be visible after this time.

For all other orders with no week, it is likely that the vehicle will be scheduled for build in 2012.
    We will not receive a production plan for next year until Q4/2011, but if you would like an indication of delivery in the meantime then please contact the team via r8info@audi.co.uk.

Deliveries

We anticipate that approximately 200 Centre and customer vehicles will be delivered in 2011, with the remaining 300 customer cars being delivered in 2012.

First customer deliveries will commence in very limited numbers towards the end of July.

Launch events

The UK Press launch will commence on Monday 6 June.

There is no planned Centre launch for this model.

Centre demonstrator vehicles

Any physical Centre demonstrator vehicles will be held at Port and not released for delivery until the Press launch has ended.

Please note that Centres are not permitted to sell their Market

The problem with the pigment supplies not being available at the Gyor, Hungary factory where the RS3 is made and the need to terminate A3 production so that the new model can be released on time is creating a massive headache for dealers and a long wait for customers.

I don't think that too many customers will end up disappointed. The delay is proving to be too much for some people and order cancellations among less committed buyers should allow latecomers to the party to obtain an RS3.

As usual, the RS model was released way too late in the model cycle. I am sure that if Audi had released it a year ago, it would have sold double the quantity they'll be able to produce before production ceases. Audi's loss, not mine.

I am just waiting impatiently for mine. I have to say that my dealer hasn't returned a recent email requesting confirmation of previously advised build date. I hope it arrives as expected in July.

As usual, the RS model was released way too late in the model cycle. I am sure that if Audi had released it a year ago, it would have sold double the quantity they'll be able to produce before production ceases. Audi's loss, not mine.
    They could have probably sold 10000 of them, but hey, it's a limited production model. The 3300 (or whatever the number is now) will most certianly be sold...

Hi All,

Any news on UK deliveries yet?

I spoke to my SA dealer, and he has no news for me. My order is week 25 build week, which is this week.

Thanks
    2010 Audi S4 ( Ibis White ) | 2011 Audi RS 3 ( Misano Red )
    ex : 2011 Audi RS 3 ( Ibis White ) | 2010 Audi S3 (Ibis White) | 2007 Audi S3 ( Ibis White ) | 2007 Audi TT ( Ibis White ) | 2006 Audi A3 2.0T ( Brilliant Red )

Hi ved, i dont want to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like we can expect quite a delay with the local launch. Watch this space......

Mine confirmed today for end of July UK delivery.

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by windshear View Post
    Hi ved, i dont want to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like we can expect quite a delay with the local launch. Watch this space......
    There is still no communication now from Audi SA. My vehicle should have been built already. All SA vehicles have been delayed with no official build dates. Im still hoping I can get my car before Christmas.

its official! Audi rs3 Sportback

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00246-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	11457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00240-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	11456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00244-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	11455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00241-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	11454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00249-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	11453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00247-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	11452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00245-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	11451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00242-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	11450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00250-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	11449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00248-20110619-1&.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	11448

this was at sandhurst open day yesturday looks good cant wait!!!

Mine confirmed today for end of July UK delivery.

etc.
    Congratz on that one!