Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast are these RS6's??

Put it this way. I now live in the AZ desert and still have a second set of wheels and Blizzak tires for our LX470 just for any trips in the mtns. When we lived in the CO mountains 8000ft and the hint of snow was in the air.....my wife made me mount up the snow tires before she even pulled out of the garage. We just shook our heads at all the idjuits in the ditches on snowy mornings.

Only time I ever got stuck in the snow was with my Celica GT4. I had this vision in my head that I was Carlos Sainz and while blasting on snow covered fire roads in the mountains I slid off the surface and stuck the car in a snow bank. I dug for 2hrs to get out but boy what that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    so i now need snow tires??? aaaa man i was hoping i didnt!

guess i will be picking up some snows this week!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Not sure if I will catch flack for this but I did not buy the blizzaks, $240.00 per, I bought Pirelli's Sotozero(need to post pics w/ OEM rims) @$146.00 per.... Have not driven in snow yet, soon enough.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Not sure if I will catch flack for this but I did not buy the blizzaks, $240.00 per, I bought Pirelli's Sotozero(need to post pics w/ OEM rims) @$146.00 per.... Have not driven in snow yet, soon enough.
    Put your flack jacket on...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I thought we couldn't brake boost?

Late to the party, I see.
    RS 6 will only build ~ 3 psi brake boosting. Not really worth it in my experience.

I believe the APR tune enables real brake boosting?

I know for sure the mythical mark "10secS4"/ Bay Tires tune does... that tune has a two-stage rev-limiter and builds a ton of boost off the line, that's why that guy could run 11's in a stock, only gutted DPs and a flash RS 6.

I think an RS 6 could hit 60 in mid three's if it actually brake boosted. Of course your TC would last about a week.

Looks like a good choice in my book. I only say Blizzak because we have owned several sets. Lots of choices these days and the key is to buy the proper snowflake tire to suit the region. You should have a blast with those tires on your roads.

Same here, I've run Pirelli Wintersport 240's on all of my Audi's (the RS6 included) and had really good luck with them. They were $185 a piece for this car if I remember correctly. I think the Sotorzero just supersedes the old 240 wintersport.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    RS 6 will only build ~ 3 psi brake boosting. Not really worth it in my experience.

I believe the APR tune enables real brake boosting?

I know for sure the mythical mark "10secS4"/ Bay Tires tune does... that tune has a two-stage rev-limiter and builds a ton of boost off the line, that's why that guy could run 11's in a stock, only gutted DPs and a flash RS 6.

I think an RS 6 could hit 60 in mid three's if it actually brake boosted. Of course your TC would last about a week.
    Are you doing it right? The magic number is three. Hold left foot on brake, rev, let off. Rev again, let off. Rev again and hold, you should notice that on the third time, it will allow you to hold a higher rpm (like 2500). Now smoothly let off the brake as if releasing a clutch and in a sweeping motion smoothly apply liberal amounts of throttle. If you've done it right, your tires will go up in smoke, and your passengers will soil their trousers. This is the "Duck-foot-rat" technique.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I must say they make the ride more comfortable compared to my summers
    , 255/30/20....rubber bands
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Just like nobody ever sends us data logs for MTM, Revo or Giac reflashes.

Arrrrrgh
    Well, lets see some acceleration numbers for this "new" Eurocharged tune. I know you guys have been running them, if they were better than mine, I would assume they would have been posted by now. Don't be bashful
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Same here, I've run Pirelli Wintersport 240's on all of my Audi's (the RS6 included) and had really good luck with them. They were $185 a piece for this car if I remember correctly. I think the Sotorzero just supersedes the old 240 wintersport.

Are you doing it right? The magic number is three. Hold left foot on brake, rev, let off. Rev again, let off. Rev again and hold, you should notice that on the third time, it will allow you to hold a higher rpm (like 2500). Now smoothly let off the brake as if releasing a clutch and in a sweeping motion smoothly apply liberal amounts of throttle. If you've done it right, your tires will go up in smoke, and your passengers will soil their trousers. This is the "Duck-foot-rat" technique.
    I'm am sooo tempted to go try this right now. So maybe the brake boost interlock is it not working the first two times?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

So that's how Palette went 4.4...the "duck foot Canuck" technique...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I'm am sooo tempted to go try this right now. So maybe the brake boost interlock is it not working the first two times?
    I don't know, but when you do it, it's pretty obvious that you've fooled the ecu into doing something that it knows better than to allow under normal circumstances. It really plants you back in the seat. I had a guy in my car that owns a stage 780? S4, and he said he had never felt a launch like that, which was reassuring coming from one of those automatic's are for lady's types.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    So that's how Palette went 4.4...the "duck foot Canuck" technique...
    I will never tell HAHAHAH
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

What device are you using? Best I got was 5 flat. That was hillbilly testing with a stopwatch in one hand and steering wheel in the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    so i'm right there with all season tires and a stock ecu no tune cant complain at all!Attachment 10531
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Less than a week out from all turkey day and the fireplace wall is not done. Hopefully the mantle and trim get back on tomorrow and we can start cleaning up from project zone. The rest of the carpet and tile work will not get in before thur so its into next week.

I have posted data logs and graphs. Still waiting on MTM, GIAC and Revo members to step up and pitch in. Then I will show the hand on who has the best 0-60 duck foot trot.

Well, lets see some acceleration numbers for this "new" Eurocharged tune. I know you guys have been running them, if they were better than mine, I would assume they would have been posted by now. Don't be bashful

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    What device are you using? Best I got was 5 flat. That was hillbilly testing with a stopwatch in one hand and steering wheel in the other.
    so THAT'S what that is called!

LMAO!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

With all this talk of 0-60 times, what are you guy's using to determine such numbers. Aside from V8weight mentioning that he uses the Vagcom, nobody has mentioned how they determine their times. I would think the Vag to be the most accurate, I don't know. I'm just curios because I would like to determine mine in the near future. I guess I might never truly know mine though, because any kind of Launce other than stomping on the Gas pedal is out of the question. I do value my TC. Maybe 50-90 or 60-90 pulls would be a more accurate indication of our performance potential.........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Here you go.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	performancemeter&#.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	10539Best performance tool i have ever bought its within .001 accurate at our local track, in my books its dead on accurate!