Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RNS-E and Carbon Fiber Questions

Yea, those 2 Dash Screws are a Nightmare. It was a disaster on my A6, wound up breaking one of the Tabs and had to JB Weld it back on( I swear by that stuff). Anyway determined not to let it happen on this car, I obtained a long Screw driver who's bit was large enough to fit the head of the screws perfectly and the length was long enough to clear the Steering wheel. With a firm grip and some elbow grease, I was able to back those suckers out with no issues. The key is no slack, If you let the screw get even slightly rounded your done.........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

On the plus side, once you break them loose, you don't have to ever again.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    On the plus side, once you break them loose, you don't have to ever again.
    True. When I did mine I really did not have to do it at that time. I just wanted to make sure that If I had to do it in the future (Let's not forget about that Center DIS LCD which will eventually start to Fade) I would have no issues in removing the dash, because as you said once you break these screws loose you won't have that problem again..........................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I had no problem breaking those screws loose with just a screwdriver. Just make sure you use the correct size, and apply forward pressure. I used a #2.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Thanks to everyone for the wealth of responses to my questions....sorry I have taken so long to comment....I understand the RNS-E process what I wanted addl clarification on is the Sirius/xm module, this is a seperate part which must also be purchased and installed at the time of the symphonybose/RNSE swap - Please confirm so I will get all the right moving pieces the firsst time.....

ALso very stupid question: my RS6 came with the center caps off in the trunk, cannot seem to figure out how to install them and want to do it myself any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the wealth of responses to my questions....sorry I have taken so long to comment....I understand the RNS-E process what I wanted addl clarification on is the Sirius/xm module, this is a seperate part which must also be purchased and installed at the time of the symphonybose/RNSE swap - Please confirm so I will get all the right moving pieces the firsst time.....

ALso very stupid question: my RS6 came with the center caps off in the trunk, cannot seem to figure out how to install them and want to do it myself any suggestions?

Thanks!!
    Center caps for the rims?
    There is a little notch that you have to line up on the rim to the cap, turn it until they line up and push and it pops on, repeat 3 more times
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

There is a wiring harness and bracket in the trunk behind the left side access panel for the Satellite radio module. The newer module will work with the old Concert II radio or the RNS-E, the older modules will only work with the Concert II radio. If your car already has a Satellite module it is most likely the older module and will have to be upgraded to the newer suffix part #. Here is a great link with part #'s for the Satellite radio module install, as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words" http://audi.barrystuff.com/rs6/satRadio/
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I'm late to this post but if you are just putting in the RNSE and the XM it is VERY easy (put the gps antennae in the dash and its a breeze)...if I can do it anyone can, and I've done it twice now (sold one unit prematurely a few years ago). You may want to hunt for a used XM still as they are or were pricey new (got mine from a vw dealership as was cheaper the first time). Try genuinevwaudiparts.com too.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I picked up my RNS-E compatible Sirius tuner off eBay for $50.

Just put in the part # and you should find some deals.

Sirius and Centercaps

Thanks agian for the helpful info, I was able to get 3 centercaps on no issue the fourth is an aftermarket that does not fit so I will look to e-bay unless someone on here has one extra oem center cap to sell...

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    There is a wiring harness and bracket in the trunk behind the left side access panel for the Satellite radio module. The newer module will work with the old Concert II radio or the RNS-E, the older modules will only work with the Concert II radio. If your car already has a Satellite module it is most likely the older module and will have to be upgraded to the newer suffix part #. Here is a great link with part #'s for the Satellite radio module install, as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words" http://audi.barrystuff.com/rs6/satRadio/

The Barrystuff link quotes part #'s

Satellite receiver module for this car (North American parts only):

8E0 035 593/8E0 057 593 Sirius without RNS-E and without tire pressure monitoring system

8E0 035 593 A/8E0 057 593 A XM without RNS-E and without tire pressure monitoring system

8E0 035 593 D/8E0 057 593 D Sirius for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well

8E0 035 593 E/8E0 057 593 E XM for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well

I am seeing a bunch of units on E-Bay for the setup without RNS-E and without tire pressure monitoring system, but none of the D or E units that I apparently need, although some "H" units part # 8E0 035 593 H01 are avaliable http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...item2eb180aefe for around $100 that could work, can anyone confirm if this will do the trick?

Thanks again, want to make sure I get the right parts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    8E0 035 593/8E0 057 593 Sirius without RNS-E and without tire pressure monitoring system
    8E0 035 593 A/8E0 057 593 A XM without RNS-E and without tire pressure monitoring system
    8E0 035 593 D/8E0 057 593 D Sirius for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well
    8E0 035 593 E/8E0 057 593 E XM for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well
    Sirius without RNS-E
    8E0 035 593 = $420 Controller Unit
    8E0 057 593 = $28.08 Sat Tuner

XM without RNS-E
    8E0 035 593 A = $28.08 Sat Tuner(superseded with 8E0057593A)
    8E0 057 593 A = $28.08 Sat Tuner

Sirius with RNS-E
    8E0 035 593 D = $28.08 Receiver Sirius
    8E0 057 593 D = $420 Console Sound system Receiver Satellite radio Sirius

XM with RNS-E
    8E0 035 593 E = $399 Receiver Xm (superseded with 8E0035593G)
    8E0 057 593 E = $420 Console Sound system Receiver Satelite radio Xm

courtesy of Genuine

This H one = $420 Console - Sound system - Receiver - Satellite radio
    Sirius 2007
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Call your local dealer to find out what are the newest suffix's as the "E" suffix may have been superseded with an even newer one. Yes, there is a flood of the old units on Ebay as everyone wants to have Satellite radio and individuals are upgrading theirs and dealers are dumping stock's of non-Nav compatible units out there. The same unit that fits our car fits A4/S4/A6/S6/Allroads etc... so they are fairly common units. Keep an eye on Ebay and one will turn up. I paid dealer price of around $400 and a week later I saw one on Ebay for around $100.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Sirius Tuner Parts

Thanks again guys, still a lil confused: would either of these work ( D & M units) or just the D for an RS6 with Nav?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Audi-A4-TT-S...item3f03312a22

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audi-Volkswagen-...item4cf3d170f5

Also does anyone know the part #'s for the European RNS-E vs. the American RNS-E, after reading previous posts I was under the impression that the US version is more desirable only for the fact that it is plug and play and will run with the OEM software vs. firmware for the European version

Thanks,
    Last edited by nistah; December 15th, 2010 at 16:07.

8E0 035 593 H will work, but use caution as the auction you linked specifies as is, all sales final!

Just keep searching ebay and a good one will pop up!

FYI, any revision newer than D or E will work with the RNS-E.

As for the RNS-E Euro vs. USA, only differences are here. Sourcing a USA unit is $$$. Euro changed to USA firmware and software works the same.

can anyone advise what the video in motion unlock module provides? Does it just allow for the nav to have datapoints input while the car is moving or does it allow for dvd movies etc to run on the system? Thanks!

You can get a video input adapter, say for a rear view cam or an external DVD player. The video in motion allows the Rns-e to display this input while driving.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

RNS-E euro unit

Thinking of bidding on this unit, asked seller if it was/is possible to flash with US Firmware....so far no response...anyone have any idea if this is good unit? Thanks & HNY to everyone on here!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audi-A6-Navigati...item4cf43b96c8

Im thinking of Looking for a Unit as well other then trying to use a aftermarket unit.

If anyone has one they are selling please let me know.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's