Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Eurocharged RS6

Yep, conference call on the cell phones. Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Will do Pat. Between me, you and Dave, it'll be too easy.

Assuming of course the n75 doesn't fix it. Ordered right before lunch, genuine was down last night and this morning.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

You can wait that long. Why not pick one up locally?

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Assuming of course the n75 doesn't fix it. Ordered right before lunch, genuine was down last night and this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    You can wait that long. Why not pick one up locally?
    Was the first sentence supposed to be a question? :-) well aside from the price difference, I can't put it in till friday or more likely Saturday anyway...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I have been hearing good things about Eurocharged. Does anyone know of a C6 remapped by Eurocharged?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangemig View Post
    I have been hearing good things about Eurocharged. Does anyone know of a C6 remapped by Eurocharged?
    Since EC is a USA based company, I doubt they have tuned a C6.

APR looks great for the C6 though!

(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either company )
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Ec is in fact affiliated with a German tuner, so it's highly likely that Jerry can get a tune for a c6 rs6. Orangemig, pm me for contact info, if you want.

I forgot to add that I talked to Jerry about this a few minutes ago.

I stand corrected!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Thanks JSRS6 I will look into EC further. But I did notice that they promote DIMSPORT. I am already in touch with DMSPRT trying to see if we can be their rep here. I have a tuning shop and we are the representative of ECUTEK here. DIMSPORT was referred to us by Ecutek.

I have also been reading up on APR. Looks great.

Sorry if I sound dumb on this, but as a newbie RS6 2003 owner I am on a steep learning curve, and wondered if you have heard of Viezu remapping, any thoughts please, I'm in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by live.marc View Post
    Sorry if I sound dumb on this, but as a newbie RS6 2003 owner I am on a steep learning curve, and wondered if you have heard of Viezu remapping, any thoughts please, I'm in the UK
    Welcome! I've been on here a few years and only heard of Viper from the UK. Very good reviews for ECU and TCU tune. Think the guys name is Rich. If you can't find him on the internet just ask for contact info, someone here should have it.

Oh yes....FON
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Hey thanks Iswing for your quick reply. I've actually had it remapped by an approved Viezu remapping garage already! Was in for a service and they convinced me, as they were already working on an RS6 and have done a few of these.

But after the remap, when I press the kickdown, it feels like i'm taking off which aint a bad thing but it seems to rev sooo high till the next gear change, like in the 7's ...? just seems a bit insane! And wondered if this was normal for a remap? I do need to test it out a bit more though, as only just had it done today.

That does seem a bit high. Personally I think the only thing the kickdown switch is good for is destroying the transmission.

Some tunes remove the kickdown switch because folks don't like it. If yours is coded out, then your revs are just rising from the pedal being pushed down...but the next gear change would be up due to the redline being hit. I'd contact the tuner and ask what they meant to do.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Just been out again, and it's a little better I think, but when I do press that kickdown, it goes insanely fast, never thought it was possible to drive that quick lol! I think I'll probably have to lay of the kickdown, and get in touch with them again see if they can adjust. I like the kickdown, but if it's too mad, i can see it being counterproductive! Dunno about using it for overtaking, it feels like it would throw me off the road! lol! hmm! Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    That does seem a bit high. Personally I think the only thing the kickdown switch is good for is destroying the transmission.

Some tunes remove the kickdown switch because folks don't like it. If yours is coded out, then your revs are just rising from the pedal being pushed down...but the next gear change would be up due to the redline being hit. I'd contact the tuner and ask what they meant to do.

Just thought I'd give an update, I took the car back to get the remap undone, although I loved the power behind the 'throttle', it was a bit jerky when doing about 70-80 and also brought the engine warning light on after testing it out a bit, and was told it can sometimes go into safe mode if some stress limits are exceeded. They seem a good bunch down there at Straightline Performance in Malvern, (they did a service and cambelt change with no issues for a great price, and even went the extra mile when I pointed out a couple of minor issues) and gave me a refund straight away and un-remapped it back to factory settings, and it drives a lot smoother now, but not as insanely fast off the mark! I should be happy with 450 bhp, but after tasting what a remap can do, I may still one day look into Viper from the UK, or some other well known remappers, but not for now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by live.marc View Post
    Just thought I'd give an update, I took the car back to get the remap undone, although I loved the power behind the 'throttle', it was a bit jerky when doing about 70-80 and also brought the engine warning light on after testing it out a bit, and was told it can sometimes go into safe mode if some stress limits are exceeded. They seem a good bunch down there at Straightline Performance in Malvern, (they did a service and cambelt change with no issues for a great price, and even went the extra mile when I pointed out a couple of minor issues) and gave me a refund straight away and un-remapped it back to factory settings, and it drives a lot smoother now, but not as insanely fast off the mark! I should be happy with 450 bhp, but after tasting what a remap can do, I may still one day look into Viper from the UK, or some other well known remappers, but not for now :-)
    You've got a boost leak or other issues causing the bad performance when tuned. Any tune you put on the car will cause a similar issue. Tune the car and the get the issues fixed and you will be golden, and fast!

If you want to buy the programmer they sell (my genius), then I'll sell you mine. You just have to pay 20 bucks to get the reset code so it matches with your car. Normally 500, just PM if anyone is interested.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.