Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRC Wiring Diagram

DRC Wiring Diagram

Hey all, new to this forum and do not own an RS6, but am interested in adapting DRC to my 2001 A6 4.2 6MT. My hope is that someone on here has some knowledge of the topic.

I've got a wiring diagram for the C5 platform, but it doesn't include any information on the RS6. I'm hoping to find a wiring diagram for that system and see how it interfaces with the rest of the car. While I'd like to believe that it's a freestanding system, I have a feeling it uses engine, transmission, suspension angle, and lateral acceleration sensor inputs in making ride control determinations.

If anybody is familiar with the system and can at least point me in the right direction so I can research further, I would be most appreciative.

Additionally, I would be quite interested in a complete part lists for the rs6. Is there one floating around. I acquired one for the C5 A6/S6 but could not find one for the RS6

-Jonas

I believe there are no electrical components associated with the C5 RS6 DRC
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....

What controls the system? I want to figure out what information the DRC system uses to control the ride. I think at the very least there should be a module that controls the system. I may be wrong.

Well interestingly enough you seem to be correct. I apologize for the doubt. I did not realize that it was a non-electrical system. But my problem still remains. DRC can adjust the stiffness of the suspension depending on braking, acceleration and such... Where does the system get the information? And would anyone have a part number for the DRC pump?

The C5 RS6 suspension is purely based around load and fluid movement.

There is NO Pump it's reservoir based and pressurised.
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....

jc, there is a central valve that control the fluid movement in the system located next to the fuel tank. It is completely mechanical. The system uses specialized tools to pressurize the system. Once pressurized properly, you leave it alone. There is no adjusting it.

BTW, please use the search function on this forum. You will see a lot of info on the DRC system all over. Our DRC systems are mostly junk. Mine works fine, but I am waiting for the day it takes a sh*t. Don't waste your time on this. Get a good set of coilovers, like bilsteins or KW.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    jc, there is a central valve that control the fluid movement in the system located next to the fuel tank. It is completely mechanical. The system uses specialized tools to pressurize the system. Once pressurized properly, you leave it alone. There is no adjusting it.

BTW, please use the search function on this forum. You will see a lot of info on the DRC system all over. Our DRC systems are mostly junk. Mine works fine, but I am waiting for the day it takes a sh*t. Don't waste your time on this. Get a good set of coilovers, like bilsteins or KW.
    +1 to what he wrote...

Ironically, you (JCCOLLINS) could probably pick up a used DRC for, oh I would gander at, the cost of shipping it out to your location...
    You might have some transportation/shipping issues though as it IS pressurized in the range of 16-20 bar.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Exactly what Ben916 just said. I pulled my new recalled DRC from Audi with about 25 miles on it and got rid of it. Threw the springs away and another list member paid for shipping on the struts/shocks to himself. There is no electrical but as mentioned there are a lot of brake line piping going throught the Resevoirs (Central valves)(x2) connectiong the struts/shocks diagonally. You don't want the junk. It has been nothing but a problem from new and the newer RS4's (2007/2008) are having problems with theirs already as well as the newer C6 RS6's in Europe.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Got rid of mine the moment I got the car. Even though they were perfectly fine. The Ride height was totally unacceptable. H&R Coilovers went on immediately, and all is fine ever since.......................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

The DRC is just too troublesome a system, most would agree...it looks great on paper tho.

x2...ditch that idea and do a conventional shock/spring or coilover kit. I'm getting rid of mine to go with with H&Rs now that mine is starting to make noises after the second warranty repair. I'm not convinced the dealers around here can even repair it correctly now.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

As a side note x3.... I got rid of mine and fitted PSS9's, now I'm happy.... Oh, and safe...

Quote Originally Posted by jccollins View Post
    Well interestingly enough you seem to be correct. I apologize for the doubt. I did not realize that it was a non-electrical system. But my problem still remains. DRC can adjust the stiffness of the suspension depending on braking, acceleration and such... Where does the system get the information? And would anyone have a part number for the DRC pump?
    Basically, the system helps to keep it from leaning in cornering. I installed Hitchkiss bars so for me that is not an issue. However, it should also help prevent the front from diving under heavy breaking & help to prevent the rear from squatting under acceleration. A little stiffer spring and lowering it about an inch will take care of that. I still use the system. I would like to get my hands on a pair of valves so I can experiment with valving. Anyone want to donate their old valves?
    C5 RS6, A3 TDI, 02 TT
    01 Wrangler, 03 F250 Diesel, 08 F450

I apologize in advance, but the nature of the request from jccollins necessitates my reference to a post that I started on Audiworld a few years back ..
    http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=22480290
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Oh, I'm still looking for old DRC valves.
    C5 RS6, A3 TDI, 02 TT
    01 Wrangler, 03 F250 Diesel, 08 F450

Just as a funny comment. I see you own an Audi, Chevy and a Honda. I have a Dolphin Grey on beige alcantara 2002 Audi A4 1.8T for my wife and my 2003 RS6 DG in S, a Navy Blue metallic with gold stripes 1999 Chevy 1500 Express Conversion Van with handicap equipment, and a Sillver metallic 2004 Honda Accord LX coupe for my daughter. How about that coincidence of car brands.

By the way the comment is for 4eversRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino315 View Post
    Just as a funny comment. I see you own an Audi, Chevy and a Honda. I have a Dolphin Grey on beige alcantara 2002 Audi A4 1.8T for my wife and my 2003 RS6 DG in S, a Navy Blue metallic with gold stripes 1999 Chevy 1500 Express Conversion Van with handicap equipment, and a Sillver metallic 2004 Honda Accord LX coupe for my daughter. How about that coincidence of car brands.

Pretty cool system if you ask me...when it isn't leaking

I have 4 canisters, 2 sets of lines, and a set of 4 shocks(leaking) if anyone is interested in any of it