Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bambi vs. Beast: They both lose.

Late to this post but sucks to see the damage to your car. I could highly recommend The Ultimate Paint Shop in Lake Bluff, IL if you want to travel a little to really get it right if you do not have a great shop you trust. The shop is Audi certified and did perfect work on my car three times now for the stupid little hits my car has had and a bumper respray. They rebuilt perfectly my old Cabriolet when my ex was run over by a semi in it. Anyway they do all the top cars, its always packed with Ferrari's, Porsche's and the top end Audi's, and cars they are restoring.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Was tied up yesterday, my bday This sucks A$$! Well, glad damage wasn't worse, time for some wagners
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Late to this post but sucks to see the damage to your car. I could highly recommend The Ultimate Paint Shop in Lake Bluff, IL if you want to travel a little to really get it right if you do not have a great shop you trust. The shop is Audi certified and did perfect work on my car three times now for the stupid little hits my car has had and a bumper respray. They rebuilt perfectly my old Cabriolet when my ex was run over by a semi in it. Anyway they do all the top cars, its always packed with Ferrari's, Porsche's and the top end Audi's, and cars they are restoring.
    Thanks for the tip, Mark... Not out of my way at all

I used to have my BMW work done at Werkshop, right across the street from there.

Thanks, Pat. I have you on speed dial if I need it...

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Thanks, Pat. I have you on speed dial if I need it...
    For sure. Give me a call if you have any questions, or concerns throughout the repair.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Update: You guys were right. Under further review, the radiator support was cracked. It looked fine until unbolted, and then stress cracks on one of the mount points became apparent. New one is on the truck.

Going to experiment with a different take on the headlights as long as she's apart...

Update. Got the car back. First glance looks great. On further review, many, many small problems... little flaws in the paintwork. Painted Ai trim below headlights. (What? Why!?) Broke my plx gauge. Car is in limp mode. Bubble in the coolant. I just about lost it on the guy who brought it out to me... no, I did lose it. All-natural 'roid rage kicks in, which is really not even like me, I'm pretty mellow. I guess I care about the beast a bit. I had to take the car, I was about to be late to a board meeting. But it's not going back there.

Took it to "The Ultimate Paint Shop" in Lake Bluff, IL to have them asses the f-ups. The owner, Joe, comes out and immediately asks me if I'm here to sell him my car, says he's been looking for one since he sold his wife's S6. Then asks me if I've had the MTM TCU upgrade done. I love this guy. In the garage they have cayenne turbos, 911s, a ferrari 430, etc, etc. The shop guys come out to check out my car. (reminding me how fun it is to have this rare car when you're around people who get it.)

Joe assesses all the f-ups in three minutes, including a couple I didn't see.

Thanks, mmaturo. What a great tip on these guys...

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Update. Got the car back. First glance looks great. On further review, many, many small problems... little flaws in the paintwork. Painted Ai trim below headlights. (What? Why!?) Broke my plx gauge. Car is in limp mode. Bubble in the coolant. I just about lost it on the guy who brought it out to me... no, I did lose it. All-natural 'roid rage kicks in, which is really not even like me, I'm pretty mellow. I guess I care about the beast a bit. I had to take the car, I was about to be late to a board meeting. But it's not going back there.

Took it to "The Ultimate Paint Shop" in Lake Bluff, IL to have them asses the f-ups. The owner, Joe, comes out and immediately asks me if I'm here to sell him my car, says he's been looking for one since he sold his wife's S6. Then asks me if I've had the MTM TCU upgrade done. I love this guy. In the garage they have cayenne turbos, 911s, a ferrari 430, etc, etc. The shop guys come out to check out my car. (reminding me how fun it is to have this rare car when you're around people who get it.)

Joe assesses all the f-ups in three minutes, including a couple I didn't see.

Thanks, mmaturo. What a great tip on these guys...
    Great, glad you gave them a look. You will be in very good hands...the work on my RS6 and previous cars has been perfect. Joe and crew are good people. He certainly remembered my car each time which explains it now...guess he likes blue better than Daytona. They take a bit but worth it. I had them buff out the random scratches on my car too as I knew they could do a better job than a random detail guy.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet