Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elated and sad, oh yeah tired

Elated and sad, oh yeah tired

So my brains came yesterday and when I got home from work, late- stayed up late to reinstall. Took her for a short test ride since I had to be up 430am, she drove awesome, great tune. No issues. However, went to start her this am, it's about 43 degrees and she cranks but won't start. I tried at least 4x concerned I will burn starter and drain the battery. Vagcom is in, but I have to get to work, so won't be able to do diagnostics till later tonight....a little bummed.starved for fuel?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Check for codes, check the ecu plug and tcu plug. Do you notice the prnds look weird when you tried to start?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

prnds? right after reinstalling last night, car turned right over no hesitation, no cel, nada, I drove her for 20 minutes, she was pulling like a new beast...was grinning from ear to ear...again no issue last night and no lights-only 2 things come to my mind, not enough spark(battery was disconnected, no issue prior) or no gas, still I'm feeling blind, cause this situation would be easier if I could pull codes, alas I had to get to work.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Park, reverse, neutral, drive, sport. On your gauge cluster or your shift plate, if they are all lit up.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

no, but then again, 445am I'm a zombie...honestly dont remember if I saw that or not, but when I get home tonight and try again, before vag what would wierd lights indicate on the shifter?

That would mean your tranny is in emergency mode, messes with the engine as well. How was it shifting last night?

didnt shift any harder or softer but did carry gear a little longer, thought that was mtm tune...

Ok, prob not that then. The codes will tell the story. Or it'll just start up when you get home.

I gotta tell ya the tcu re install, removal was PIA, I did pull not hard, but got the blackbox out from under rug, to where it hung on the door sill...could I have pulled something in harness? strange cause no issues really lastnight

TY for your input JSRS6...

It wouldn't hurt to look at it, after you vag it this evening, if it's still screwy.

Check relays next to ECU.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Good idea. Maybe one got nudged during the install...

Fingers crossed for a loose connection.

Ty Skribe, from your lips to gods ears......I will hopefully have some codes by 7pm tonight

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Fingers crossed for a loose connection.
    And toes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    Check relays next to ECU.
    I second this, when you reinstall the lid on the ECU compartment, it takes quite a bit of attention not to knock the ECU relay loose out of it's socket. It's either this, or the e-prom has come loose on the ecu circuit board.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Pat....uggghh, what is a loose e-prom? internal of ecu? cuased by mailing it out? and how come she drove great last night....this is torture until I vag....but ty, sorry have a bad day at work as well.