Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attention Dave, look what I can do!

He means the huge drop between 3500 and 4k rpm
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Draw trend lines. I dont see both banks dropping on the EC. I see both banks dropping on the stock. And I see both banks rising on the Viper.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I understand the trend, just wondering about the drop around time 10, and on all the other graphs besides the viper tune, both banks read low values then spike and gradually climb. On the viper tune only one bank does this...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    He means the huge drop between 3500 and 4k rpm
    Lol, what Kyle said.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    So why are the o2 values dropping like that? On the stock tune and the ec tune, both banks drop , and on the viper tune, only bank one really drops alot.
    That is irrelevant, the car is still in closed loop at that time, which means the lambda's are fluctuating between 0 and .8-.9 volts and maintaing a stoich fuel trim. When the car goes into open loop, it maintains a steady voltage as it runs off the pre determined open loop fuel map. These are the important numbers. A good tune will run right around .85-.87 in open loop. Anything less is lean. You can see that the car is lean from the factory, probably to conserve fuel. When the EGT temps get too high due to the lean condition, the ecu dumps some extra fuel on to quench the egt's.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Hi guys,

This is the lambda sensor showing stoichiometric, ie, AFR 14.7. The lambda will bounce between 0.2v and 0.8v (roughly) when its showing 14.7 to the ECU, its most sensitive at this point only when it goes rich or lean past this that is becomes more stable to our eyes. So when idling or running part throttle (and 14.7 AFR) it will bounce around on these graphs, when the foot is planted it will (should) head towards a more rich point, and a steady 0.8v+

Cheers
    Rich
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

Quote Originally Posted by viperbl View Post
    Hi guys,

This is the lambda sensor showing stoichiometric, ie, AFR 14.7. The lambda will bounce between 0.2v and 0.8v (roughly) when its showing 14.7 to the ECU, its most sensitive at this point only when it goes rich or lean past this that is becomes more stable to our eyes. So when idling or running part throttle (and 14.7 AFR) it will bounce around on these graphs, when the foot is planted it will (should) head towards a more rich point, and a steady 0.8v+

Cheers
    Rich
    Haha, what he said. I think we hit the same nail on the head at the same time.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Haha, what he said. I think we hit the same nail on the head at the same time.
    haha, you just beat me there Pat
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

I think we can all agree.

Standing start wot thru 3rd gear and a rolling 3rd gear pull from 3000rpm make for some nice logs that we can all learn from.

So, still waiting on all these logs from everyone. To date we have zero outside of Pat, Kyle and myself in the above format.

Send me the logs and I will make the graphs to match what we have above.

Great explanation! I am gonna want my secondaries cut out for my tune.