Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: All my new toys

Quote Originally Posted by arS6 View Post
    I think I found it! 2 X Allen M6 correct? Any other bolts holding it?
    Yep, there is also one M6 allen (or 10mm nut depending on the build date) holding each side of the charge pipe to brackets off the side of the cylinder heads.

EDIT: oops, Yokust beat me to it. What he said.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Yep, there is also one M6 allen (or 10mm nut depending on the build date) holding each side of the charge pipe to brackets off the side of the cylinder heads.

EDIT: oops, Yokust beat me to it. What he said.

FOund it! Thanks. I have the version with the allen bolts coming from the back to the front. I'm GUESSING I have the version with the 10mm nuts holding the charge pipe brackets to these 2 allen bolts. Some ass wipe didn't even bother with the 10mm nuts. All this time I'm feeling for them blindly and I couldn't find them! So I finally remove the headlights and was able to see that they were missing. The bracket holes weren't even sitting in the allen bolts!

I'm not the original owner but the car was always serviced at the stealer...enough said.

Now I just gotta get some long allen sockets. Off to AutoZone.

Easy buddy I work at those "stealers" you joke about

Quote Originally Posted by yokust View Post
    Easy buddy I work at those "stealers" you joke about
    Opps...sorry no offense meant to you personally but I don't have good experiences visiting the dealer. Maybe it's just the one I go to or maybe it's all the ones in/around NYC. I feel like it's all about flipping cars at the service dept. Once the car is in, get them back out asap. Every time I go, I come home with missing bolts/nuts. The last time I was there, I came home missing the 4 torx bolts that hold the top radiator support to the frame, 2 bolts that hold the power steering reservoir, EGT senders were bolted to the firewall with the wrong bolt and spacer (they used a manifold nut as a spacer), oil cooler air dam was left unbolted sliding around behind the bumper, Oil cooler support brackets were missing, and missing one nut per side from where the bumper attaches to the fender...all from one visit.

Anyway..back to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by arS6 View Post
    Opps...sorry no offense meant to you personally but I don't have good experiences visiting the dealer. Maybe it's just the one I go to or maybe it's all the ones in/around NYC. I feel like it's all about flipping cars at the service dept. Once the car is in, get them back out asap. Every time I go, I come home with missing bolts/nuts. The last time I was there, I came home missing the 4 torx bolts that hold the top radiator support to the frame, 2 bolts that hold the power steering reservoir, EGT senders were bolted to the firewall with the wrong bolt and spacer (they used a manifold nut as a spacer), oil cooler air dam was left unbolted sliding around behind the bumper, Oil cooler support brackets were missing, and missing one nut per side from where the bumper attaches to the fender...all from one visit.

Anyway..back to the topic.
    Aren't those items in the tech bulletin for weight reduction?
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Finally got the charge pipe off. Guess what. There was only ONE allen bolt holding it onto the throttle body. I guess more weight reduction.

Just wanted to ask how you found the Meth on this project?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

@yokust - can you give us your impressions of your meth install? What kind of performance gains did you notice? What are you filling up the tank with?

Where you mounted the nozzles, is that where it is commended? Why did you choose Snow over DevilsOwn?

Thanks,
    Chris
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

Honestly there are no real differences between the meth kit companies. Almost all exact same parts, just relabled.

Snow is a local company, my good friend tunes the owners mustangs, and buddy who owns Apikol is a dealer. So I get a screaming deal, and since they are local it is a bonus in my eyes.

I use a 50/50 mix of washer fluid concentrate/water mix. Which is almsot the exact mix of the meth/alcohol they sell on there site(I get the concentrate free at work)

The nozzle location is a standard recomended location. You want the nozzles close to the t-body so the water/meth stays atomized in the air mixture and does not have time to collect and puddle.

Yokust, I have a couple of quick questions while I caught you online. The Apikol intercoolers utilize the factory auxiliary radiators and shrouds correct? How was the fitment of the shrouds? Also, I had to remove all of my PCV hoses this weekend, and noticed a lot of condensation/ yellow puss in the lines. I would assume this is fairly normal? I removed every last piece of tubing and all of the valves and cleaned them, I'm just wondering if this is the result of a greater problem. It's probably just related to the fact that the car goes from the heated garage, to sitting in the lot all day, then back to the garage.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Yes the Apikol intercoolers use stock shrouds and coolers. The Rear shroud just uses the fender liner to hold it up just fine(there are 7 torx screws each side), and front shroud I just screwed it into the rad support with two torx screws. Which actually makes it easier when pulling front end because the shroud is attached to it rather then the four small phillips screws on the cooler itslef.

I pitched the extra rads on both sides in the dumpster. I do not want 200 deg rads bolted to the intercoolers trying to drop those temps down. Both cars I have ditched the coolers and had ZERO problems with drag or tracking the cars. Temps stayed exactly the same.

The breather/PCv system is quite normall. Its because these cars do not really have a good breather system, that all the muck builds up in the lines(same as 1.8t or 2.7t motors). Adding PROPER catch cans that actaully filter the sytem help alot, I have not done it to mine, but is up on my list.

Next is Turbos, Wastegates, and Custom Ace covnertor

I used to get the foam/puss in the 327 in my '64 chevy. Got better breathers in my valve covers and it was improved quite a bit, but still there.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I used to get the foam/puss in the 327 in my '64 chevy. Got better breathers in my valve covers and it was improved quite a bit, but still there.
    I'm still running a PCV valve on my El Camino, I didn't like the breathers expelling oil mist on the valve covers. Hmm, maybe it's time to stick some breather valves on the 6. The main issue I have with the pcv system on the RS6 is that it's too damn elaborate. There's too much tubing to collect condensation, and there's too many valves to fail/freeze.

Time to start contemplating catch can ideas?
    I'm still running a PCV valve on my El Camino, I didn't like the breathers expelling oil mist on the valve covers. Hmm, maybe it's time to stick some breather valves on the 6. The main issue I have with the pcv system on the RS6 is that it's too damn elaborate. There's too much tubing to collect condensation, and there's too many valves to fail/freeze.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Honestly there are no real differences between the meth kit companies. Almost all exact same parts, just relabled.

Snow is a local company, my good friend tunes the owners mustangs, and buddy who owns Apikol is a dealer. So I get a screaming deal, and since they are local it is a bonus in my eyes.

I use a 50/50 mix of washer fluid concentrate/water mix. Which is almsot the exact mix of the meth/alcohol they sell on there site(I get the concentrate free at work)

The nozzle location is a standard recomended location. You want the nozzles close to the t-body so the water/meth stays atomized in the air mixture and does not have time to collect and puddle.

Did you notice any gains with this at all?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

I would not just vent my cars either.

I would run catch cans with keeping the stock pcv valves and plumb the breather out lines back in the intake. So that the catch can catches all the mucky garbage and not sent back into the intake system.

The muck and crap from the breather is what build up on the backside of the intake valves and causes carb build up

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Did you notice any gains with this at all?
    Lower intake temps, means more available timing curves, and the little extra from meth/alcohol in the system.

We will see soon when I slap it back on the dyno, before I do turbos and torque converter

I would not just vent my cars either.

I would run catch cans with keeping the stock pcv valves and plumb the breather out lines back in the intake. So that the catch can catches all the mucky garbage and not sent back into the intake system.

The muck and crap from the breather is what build up on the backside of the intake valves and causes carb build up
    why not run a Vacum pump?