Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some service costs:

I would not worry about the time factor. It took over 6yrs to get 32k on mine and belt was changed this time last year for the first time.

I would run it right up to 75k because there is always the chance that the water pump or thermostat could develop a problem and presto Fidelity would pay the labor charge to open her up. Oh yeah, talk with Speedtrapped about his service guy. If its not too far I hear his prices are excellent. Hell, if you were on the left coast we could do it on a Sat at my house. Pat! send the special tools! Haha

The old pink eye two block method to open up the lock support. Hardly a drop on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by M5 Eater View Post
    ok, I will search around some more. I'm not worried about the mileage per say but it has been a LONG time since it's 35K maint. I don't put a lot of miles on the car per year.

I don't know how much I can swindle the dealer down. I'm dealing with the only dealer who can actually do great work on my RS6 in my area and it's in Tysons Corner, VA, Fairfax county. This is one of the richest counties in the US so they don't like to match but I can bring in my own parts. The $4800 price isn't with the 15% discount that I'm getting.
    Last edited by DHall1; January 14th, 2011 at 05:27.

For some reason, Pat had a hard time keeping his brakes cool and kept popping the hood everywhere we stopped. I donno, must have been some sort of secret hp mod.

Few items today at Streetwerke in Palo Alto, now at 101.5K on the beast:

Replace worn control arms
    Labor 3.5 hours @ 115 = $402.50
    AWD alignment $125
    control arms@$132 $528

Replace torn left outer CV boot
    Labor 1.2 hours $138
    CV boot kit $ 33

Comparing to some of the dealer charges posted on this thread, I'd say some folks are getting ripped off. Big surprise...

M5 eater....Drive autoworks, Lyndhurst NJ.....I found them thru Phil @ Detailers domain(who owned an RS6, and if you have ever seen his posts on AZ, religious car guy, especially Audi) Dion did a 75k service, evrything labor and parts, $1800.00, incl taxes...heck he just installed my piggies and test pipes $400ish, swap old IC's for new wagners and shrouds $450.00, coils parts only, aligment $125.00, his main RS6 mechanic is Aldwin(ex RS6 dealer tech)....I will chat about it tomorrow if your coming
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

There you have it. RS6 brothers helping RS6 brothers. I would not pay 5000+ for any maint service. Ever. I would walk first or ride my bike to the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    There you have it. RS6 brothers helping RS6 brothers. I would not pay 5000+ for any maint service. Ever. I would walk first or ride my bike to the golf course.
    Yup. Working on your own turd has it's own rewards. Some in the form of little scabs on your knuckles, but rewards nontheless.
    2013 Audi S8

Thanks for the support and advice fellas. After reviewing all the entries I will look further, I to think that 5k is outrageous for service.

good thread

I'll add one.

Towing to dealership, new starter, installing new starter (which involves engine drop) and alignment: Just under $3K. (Only $425 of that was parts.) Thank goodness for $0 deductible Fidelity warranty.

Ok I finally got my car back. It was a bit ugly.
    Power steering, alternator, timing belt, ac compressor, engine snub mount?, transmission flush, and other misc items.

6600. My largest car bill ever. The car feels amazing though (probably psychological from spending so much money but who cares).

Um...
    109,300 miles
    Total cost of PARTS and SERVICE $24,402.49 including snow tires and rims (two sets of snow tires), four sets of summer tires (plus original set), two extended warrantees, KW V3, 75 k service, 90 k service,102k service, etc

Total cost of Gasoline $1,000,000.

Change out all 4 tires supplied by me was $35 each tire.
    Total $140

Change both front brakes, front brakes supplied by me.
    Total $192
    The service representative said its $192 either for front or rear.

Brake fluid changed $180

I agree with you 100%. That's why in the next couple of weeks, I'll be having my TB complete work with water pump, TC with steroids, some lights be brighter, hand polished downpipes + cats and some surgical fluids replaced, pump and flush to get ready for the summer and burned some VPower juice ( just a little, too high for now ), and of course, with the help of some expertise RS6 brothers hands, like you said...don't you ever pay $ 5K+ for a serious maintenance service. I can't walk like you, but I'll put my snowblower motor in my wheelchair with some racebike kevlar bike tires from Wal-Mart ( that I already have in my sport XPox wheels ). Thanks for those wise and motivated words. 10-4 for now...
    03' RS6 Daytona Grey/Silver in, APR Tuned (DV's, SS Exhaust, ECU/TCU), Turbo/Vac Gauge, K&N filters,H&R Springs, Hartmann 19"x8.5" HS5-209 Anthracite finish wheels on 255/35/19 ZR Vredestein Tyres, APR Perf. GTC-300 CF Adj. Wing, Front lip spoiler.