Thread: Some service costs:

Threaded View

I would not worry about the time factor. It took over 6yrs to get 32k on mine and belt was changed this time last year for the first time.

I would run it right up to 75k because there is always the chance that the water pump or thermostat could develop a problem and presto Fidelity would pay the labor charge to open her up. Oh yeah, talk with Speedtrapped about his service guy. If its not too far I hear his prices are excellent. Hell, if you were on the left coast we could do it on a Sat at my house. Pat! send the special tools! Haha

The old pink eye two block method to open up the lock support. Hardly a drop on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by M5 Eater View Post
    ok, I will search around some more. I'm not worried about the mileage per say but it has been a LONG time since it's 35K maint. I don't put a lot of miles on the car per year.

I don't know how much I can swindle the dealer down. I'm dealing with the only dealer who can actually do great work on my RS6 in my area and it's in Tysons Corner, VA, Fairfax county. This is one of the richest counties in the US so they don't like to match but I can bring in my own parts. The $4800 price isn't with the 15% discount that I'm getting.
    Last edited by DHall1; January 14th, 2011 at 04:27.