Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBC Red Stuff Question

EBC Red Stuff Question

Hi, I have searched on this forum (and audiworld as well), but have not been able to find an answer to a simple question: Do EBC Red Stuff Brake pads come with wear sensors?

I have called a number of online stores, and all of them said no. However, I suspect people answering phones have no clue. They all seem to be looking at exact same page as I and it as vague as vague can be.

Now, ECS website has pictures of EBC pads, and they clearly have wires attached to pads. Same part numbers - DP31513C and DP31470C - as in all other stores with seemingly clueless CSR's.

Please settle this for me.

Oh, and anyone currently running specials on OEM rotors?

Thanks!

Yes, the EBC Redstuff pads DO include wear sensors. Another local RS6?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I'll take your word for it ;-) You wouldn't kid a local fellow, would you?

Yep. I've had it since December of last year. Blue. I have not seen very many around town. Just one more (which I looked at before I purchased this one).

Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    I'll take your word for it ;-) You wouldn't kid a local fellow, would you?

Yep. I've had it since December of last year. Blue. I have not seen very many around town. Just one more (which I looked at before I purchased this one).
    Where are you located? I don't see very many Mugello Blue ones around.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Just so you're not depending on one man's opinion, I'll confirm the wear sensors on RedStuffs.

Thank you, SAF.

Pat, I am on the right side of the river - to the East. Half way to Wisconsin. Is there an RS6 club in the Twin Cities?
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

Thank you, SAF.

Pat, I am on the right side of the river - to the East. Half way to Wisconsin. Is there an RS6 club in the Twin Cities?
    Me too! St. Paul Park to be exact, so just south of Woodbury. Yes there is an RS6 club in the twin cities, they meet in my garage when their cars break

I am in Woodbury. What color is your Beast? I don't recall seeing any around. The other RS6 I saw was also blue, but lived way on the wrong side of the river. We had to meet half way for me to see it - at MOA!

I may just have to join your RS6 club. Although even before I got the Beast, I swore off mods. I am burned out - I had an EVO.

I am in Woodbury. What color is your Beast? I don't recall seeing any around. The other RS6 I saw was also blue, but lived way on the wrong side of the river. We had to meet half way for me to see it - at MOA!

I may just have to join your RS6 club. Although even before I got the Beast, I swore off mods. I am burned out - I had an EVO.
    My car is Avus silver, and I work in Lake Elmo, so I do quite a but of driving around Woodbury. The only Mugello blue I've ever seen around used to sit at High Pointe Medical Center right behind my shop everyday.

Welcome vr430. I think I am in that RS6 club Pat is referring to. Being that Pat is the president of the club, he has the final say. I live a couple hours north, on the east side of the river as well.

Where did you get the car? What mileage did you get it at? I looked at a Mugello RS6 when I was buying, but the price was a little high.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Welcome vr430. I think I am in that RS6 club Pat is referring to. Being that Pat is the president of the club, he has the final say. I live a couple hours north, on the east side of the river as well.

Where did you get the car? What mileage did you get it at? I looked at a Mugello RS6 when I was buying, but the price was a little high.
    I think Tyler's car ended up in WA with Eurotunedrs6.

I think I have that same Blue RS6 you have seen, Pat. It used to belong to a Doc. I bought it is with 100K miles. My first used car in over 20 years. Hope Audi builds better cars than Mercedes.

Oh, and Tyler's car is the other one I saw.

I drove your car! You have RNS E and a set of winter wheels. Also, your drivers side mirror is leaking electrochromatic fluid. Am I right? He had a fair price. I got wigged out by the mileage.
    I think I have that same Blue RS6 you have seen, Pat. It used to belong to a Doc. I bought it is with 100K miles. My first used car in over 20 years. Hope Audi builds better cars than Mercedes.
    Edit, just saw you have listed the RNS E in you sig. Also, Not sure about the MTM. I think you need to do a data log to check for sure. If I remember, he didn't have any documentation that it was true, I didn't feel a difference.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Trust me when I say Audi builds better cars than MB. Our E55 is in the shop 4 times a year and we only put about 7k/yr. My RS6 has been in the shop 1 time. MB is having a monster problem with gas tanks leaking....our E55 has leaked 3 times in 2 years and 14k miles. My wife wants the E55 out of the garage and another Audi in its place.

So true. And when Pat wants to take the RS6 club on vacation he comes down to AZ and we work on them here in my garage. hehe...where is a pic of our timing belt party.

This is what Pat does when he goes on vacation. "Lets work on cars!" Yeah, lets do two complete RS6 timing belt jobs today.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Me too! St. Paul Park to be exact, so just south of Woodbury. Yes there is an RS6 club in the twin cities, they meet in my garage when their cars break
    Last edited by DHall1; October 6th, 2010 at 06:01.

Ok, that must be the one! Probably has a set of 5 spoke winter wheels? I had wondered what happened to that car. There is now a TTS parked in its place.

Here's one of the "RS6 Club" meetings at my place.