Thread: Sound enhanced exhaust? How to tell?

Sound enhanced exhaust? How to tell?

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but how can the untrained ear tell which is which?

I've spent a few minutes searching to no avail.

Is there an option code for the sound enhanced exhaust?

Anything visual that can tell me what I have if the exhaust has been upgraded?

TIA.

I believe the tips are black.

Black vs. silver.

Really? that's it? i was expecting so much more that I'm disappointed.

So then, what really is the difference for the 'enhanced sound' ?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Correct on the black tips being the identifying factor - I recall that it has less backflow and there is a tangiable difference in sound, having heard my car side by side with a non-SE this weekend......

BTW I'm very interested in your plans for a 6spd conversion..... if the software issues can be sorted I can foresee that draining the rest of my bank account as I upgrade turbos while the whole motors is out..... yea!

E
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

5 more horsepower also

Quote Originally Posted by covertw12 View Post
    Correct on the black tips being the identifying factor - I recall that it has less backflow and there is a tangiable difference in sound, having heard my car side by side with a non-SE this weekend......

BTW I'm very interested in your plans for a 6spd conversion..... if the software issues can be sorted I can foresee that draining the rest of my bank account as I upgrade turbos while the whole motors is out..... yea!

E
    THAT'S the SPIRIT!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The resonators are the same in both systems but the rear mufflers as well as the tips (Black vs. Chrome) are different. I also believe that the standard exhaust is one piece from the Cat's back whereas the S.E. is separated with flanges unless that was just a production run change on all exhausts.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The resonators are the same in both systems but the rear mufflers as well as the tips (Black vs. Chrome) are different. I also believe that the standard exhaust is one piece from the Cat's back whereas the S.E. is separated with flanges unless that was just a production run change on all exhausts.
    I believe I've read the same.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by covertw12 View Post

E
    I hope to have a well sorted and well documented conversion under my belt by the end of the year.

It seems there's much interest, but I just needed to get my hands on a car of my own, which I now have. (For marketing purposes only of course. Yeah right.)
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide