Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question ref tire replacement

The New Michelin Super Sports are next for me..Better grip and longer life than the PS2.. and cheaper too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    The New Michelin Super Sports are next for me..Better grip and longer life than the PS2.. and cheaper too!
    And if you have the "hook up" - even cheaper!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I have the "hook up" and since were all in this together i have no problem passing that off to anyone else. On the other hand I am very happy with my Continental DWS's. The grip and performance is excellent and Ive driven on these many times in the rain so far and I love them.
    they call me Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    The New Michelin Super Sports are next for me..Better grip
    I can vouch for that... I got them in 265mm with stock rims

I forget who asked me about Continental DWS and how I liked them. Anyways, they aren't hydroplane proof, but damned close to it. In a downpour that had people pulling over to wait it out, I was able to maintain 90mph with slight bits of hydroplaning when I hit standing water. I could feel it, but my wife couldn't. At 70mph even the standing water had no effect at all.

So they're certainly good in both wet and dry. However, I thought I'd switch to Hankooks since they worked so well for me before, and I got sidewall damage from the Continentals.

I am wondering if run-flats would reduce the risk of sidewall damage and blistering....?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    I forget who asked me about Continental DWS and how I liked them. Anyways, they aren't hydroplane proof, but damned close to it. In a downpour that had people pulling over to wait it out, I was able to maintain 90mph with slight bits of hydroplaning when I hit standing water. I could feel it, but my wife couldn't. At 70mph even the standing water had no effect at all.

So they're certainly good in both wet and dry. However, I thought I'd switch to Hankooks since they worked so well for me before, and I got sidewall damage from the Continentals.

I am wondering if run-flats would reduce the risk of sidewall damage and blistering....?
    Dont forget with the DWS you have a manufacturer road hazard built in especially if they tires are recent. I had mine on for a few thousand miles and my lil sis hit a curb popped it, dropped it off at my tire shop, filled out a little paper and was on my way with a new tire. So before you go blowing your money look into it. Its well worth it.
    they call me Tank

Ehab, how much is your cost per michelin ss tire in 255/40/18?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

PM sent. Let me know if you need anything else.
    they call me Tank