Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are OEM part # for EGT sensors?

what are OEM part # for EGT sensors?

and what should this cost, parts and labor, if done by the book at an Audi dealership?

Engine pull if done by the book.

left- 077919529D
    right- 077919529E

Dealer is ~$5k for parts and labor by the book.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

What about if done by Pats book?

Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Mine were a $4300 job at the dealer... Procedure calls for full motor pull, but my dealer did a Pat procedure and just dropped the subframe a bit. They did the job in half a day, and billed fidelity for the full 18 hours of labor. Money makin', moneymoney makin'...

Don't have the paper on me or I'd give you the PN#s

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    left- 077919529D
    right- 077919529E

Dealer is ~$5k for parts and labor by the book.
    I don't have access to ETKA or my invoices right now, but those part numbers are no longer valid, as the EGT's are not available seperately. They are now sold in a service kit containing both sensors. Yes, they do charge for the full engine pull, but it can easily be done in 4-5 hours.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Money makin?

TZA :-) Woohoo I love it when the DOW drops

WLP....still short and my naked are going to expire worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Mine were a $4300 job at the dealer... Procedure calls for full motor pull, but my dealer did a Pat procedure and just dropped the subframe a bit. They did the job in half a day, and billed fidelity for the full 18 hours of labor. Money makin', moneymoney makin'...

Don't have the paper on me or I'd give you the PN#s

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I don't have access to ETKA or my invoices right now, but those part numbers are no longer valid, as the EGT's are not available seperately. They are now sold in a service kit containing both sensors. Yes, they do charge for the full engine pull, but it can easily be done in 4-5 hours.
    So what do you all think a good price, all in, for a solid indy shop to do both EGT's and torque converter...assume OEM Audi TC? In the middle of a long saga with my local Audi dealer and Fidelity...I may yank the car from them and find another option...getting quotes between $3k - $4.5k for all this work from a couple of local german car-only shops that have RS6 experience

So you didnt wait long enough before making the TC claim attempt?

I would quiz the indy shops on how they plan to approach the repair. If they can just drop the engine enough to remove the trans with the engine still in the car....THEN they can also change the EGT sensor at the same time.

The indy that gives you that answer knows what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    So what do you all think a good price, all in, for a solid indy shop to do both EGT's and torque converter...assume OEM Audi TC? In the middle of a long saga with my local Audi dealer and Fidelity...I may yank the car from them and find another option...getting quotes between $3k - $4.5k for all this work from a couple of local german car-only shops that have RS6 experience

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    So you didnt wait long enough before making the TC claim attempt?

I would quiz the indy shops on how they plan to approach the repair. If they can just drop the engine enough to remove the trans with the engine still in the car....THEN they can also change the EGT sensor at the same time.

The indy that gives you that answer knows what they are doing.
    thx....when I bought Fidelity warranty from Jim Ellis Audi, they told me that since car had PPI from an Audi dealer (Cavender in San Anton) and the PPI gave car clean bill of health, no claim could be turned down as pre-existing condition and that there was no waiving period whatsoever...naive me took them at face value...Jim Ellis is going to bat for me, so we'll see...why should I have to limp around and (a) not enjoy the car I paid $$$ to enjoy and (b) potentially damage car more?? I played exactly by the rules of Audi and the service contract from Fidelity....I expect this to get worked out with the right outcome

I understand. What you and I would consider fair....is a whole different story when it comes to insurance companies. That is why I said wait.

On another note. The Chrysler/MB extended warranty is flat out cancelling many AMG vehicle extended contracts with owners even after the owners have paid in full the contracts.

Now, you tell me what is fair and just.

thx....when I bought Fidelity warranty from Jim Ellis Audi, they told me that since car had PPI from an Audi dealer (Cavender in San Anton) and the PPI gave car clean bill of health, no claim could be turned down as pre-existing condition and that there was no waiving period whatsoever...naive me took them at face value...Jim Ellis is going to bat for me, so we'll see...why should I have to limp around and (a) not enjoy the car I paid $$$ to enjoy and (b) potentially damage car more?? I played exactly by the rules of Audi and the service contract from Fidelity....I expect this to get worked out with the right outcome

I understand. What you and I would consider fair....is a whole different story when it comes to insurance companies. That is why I said wait.

On another note. The Chrysler/MB extended warranty is flat out cancelling many AMG vehicle extended contracts with owners even after the owners have paid in full the contracts.

Now, you tell me what is fair and just.
    I totally hear you....lots of lessons learned here all the way around, especially if it turns out working against me...the service manager at Jim Ellis told me that any claims inside 30 days have to be eaten by the dealer doing the PPI...so, Jim Ellis and Cavender are going to have to figure this out between the two of them...worst case, I will cancel Fidelity policy, get my $$ back, get car fixed at the best shop I can find, and move on

thx for your perspective and knowledge!

I would say Jim Ellis should be motivated to discount the labor rate. It literally costs them 20hr to pay the tech to do the job.

I would not let Jim Ellis off the hook and refund the policy. Play that angle....."hey come on guys...this is mostly a labor job...just do it and you keep my future business."

Sell it

I would say Jim Ellis should be motivated to discount the labor rate. It literally costs them 20hr to pay the tech to do the job.

I would not let Jim Ellis off the hook and refund the policy. Play that angle....."hey come on guys...this is mostly a labor job...just do it and you keep my future business."

Sell it
    Totally agree...they have actually been pretty straight up so and I know they want the future biz...nuclear scenario is to vote with my feet and to take my car and extended warranty biz somewhere else....don;t want to do that, as Jim Ellis has most experience in ATL dealers with RS6

So, is 20 hours the real effort for TC and EGTs? That's much more in line with the 2 indy shops I have quotes from...one a little lower and one a little higher

Actual time is more like 12-14hr to R&R trans, swap TC and throw in two EGT sensors.

Now, this is doing it without pulling the engine. They lower the engine down from the underside to get clearance and then pull the trans.

Totally agree...they have actually been pretty straight up so and I know they want the future biz...nuclear scenario is to vote with my feet and to take my car and extended warranty biz somewhere else....don;t want to do that, as Jim Ellis has most experience in ATL dealers with RS6

So, is 20 hours the real effort for TC and EGTs? That's much more in line with the 2 indy shops I have quotes from...one a little lower and one a little higher

World Impex still lists the EGT sensors separately at $302.10 but whether they actually sell them separately may be another matter.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    World Impex still lists the EGT sensors separately at $302.10 but whether they actually sell them separately may be another matter.
    And Genuinevwaudi still has them listed at $250 each I think...

Your right about Genuinevwaudi. I just checked and they are $228 each so I may just order the pair as that is the cheapest I've seen.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA