Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 19 to 36 of 46

Thread: My Viper tuned RS6 vs. Stock dyno day

  1. #19
    Registered User ben916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, WA
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Duckwingduck?........kw v3, bbs-gt, grey/black
    yep... PM me about the driver's seat and the passengers seat
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

  2. #20
    Registered User V8weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,249
    Here's the dyno charts:

    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

  3. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    British Isles
    Posts
    2,410
    I'm not any good at reading dyno graphs... but the runs do look good from what I know! Massive congrats.

  4. #22
    Registered User V8weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    I'm not any good at reading dyno graphs... but the runs do look good from what I know! Massive congrats.
    Thanks Klint! I don't know if you are familiar with Viper Tuning being that you're, well, closer to Isle of Man than I am, but I was very pleased with not only his tuning, but also the service that I received despite being an ocean away.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

  5. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    British Isles
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Thanks Klint! I don't know if you are familiar with Viper Tuning being that you're, well, closer to Isle of Man than I am, but I was very pleased with not only his tuning, but also the service that I received despite being an ocean away.
    Pat,

    I'm more than familiar with Viper Tuning and Rich! lol



    Enjoy in good health.

  6. #24
    Registered User V8weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    Pat,

    I'm more than familiar with Viper Tuning and Rich! lol



    Enjoy in good health.
    Sweet! B5 S4? I figured you were well aware, I just didn't want to be "that guy" assuming that you were on first name basis because you lived in the same country.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

  7. #25
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    British Isles
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Sweet! B5 S4? I figured you were well aware, I just didn't want to be "that guy" assuming that you were on first name basis because you lived in the same country.
    Pat,

    That's Richard's car stickered up, his B5 R/S4. Took the snap last week.

  8. #26
    Registered User V8weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    Pat,

    That's Richard's car stickered up, his B5 R/S4. Took the snap last week.
    Oh, ok. I've seen his Youtube videos. The acceleration on that thing is horrifying!
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

  9. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    British Isles
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Oh, ok. I've seen his Youtube videos. The acceleration on that thing is horrifying!
    Sure is beast and a half. Watching the vids is one thing, experiencing it firsthand is another!

    Wont reveal all, will save that for Rich to discuss. But if it's a beast now it'll be more of a horrifying ride once done.

  10. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Here's the dyno charts:
    I take it top graph is yours and bottom is stock. Looks nice and flat.

    However, isn't the car running a little lean? You are not getting detonation at higher RPM? Were you running C16 on the dyno? It would be nice to see boost profile.
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

  11. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Isle of Man, UK
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    I take it top graph is yours and bottom is stock. Looks nice and flat.

    However, isn't the car running a little lean? You are not getting detonation at higher RPM? Were you running C16 on the dyno? It would be nice to see boost profile.
    Its not lean, in fact, its a little on the rich side at the top end if anything.
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

  12. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbl View Post
    Its not lean, in fact, its a little on the rich side at the top end if anything.
    Sorry, to me "lean" means low A/F ratio.
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

  13. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Isle of Man, UK
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    Sorry, to me "lean" means low A/F ratio.
    Lean refers to low fuel to air mixture
    So for example 16:1 AFR would be lean
    And 10:1 AFR would be rich
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

  14. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    83
    Right, I had the nomenclature backwards. However, my basic question still stands. Although I have to qualify I am drawing on my past EVO experience. I am probably way off, seeing that stock AFR is at mind-numbing (to me) 14.
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

  15. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Isle of Man, UK
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    Right, I had the nomenclature backwards. However, my basic question still stands. Although I have to qualify I am drawing on my past EVO experience. I am probably way off, seeing that stock AFR is at mind-numbing (to me) 14.
    Yeah, stock map on most VAG cars is set to target AFR 14.7:1 until the Exhaust Gas Temps get too high then it dumps some fuel in! Good for fuel economy, lol.

    On my maps I like to run closer to 12:1 or below to keep EGTs down, to me engine/turbo life is the biggest factor and I like to make sure things stay in working order!

    An no detonation at high rpm
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

  16. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    83
    Got it! A completely different approach to tuning between VAG and EVO. Looks like I have to unlearn everything I knew and learn all the new stuff. Well, at least now I know where to get right answers. Thanks!
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

  17. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Isle of Man, UK
    Posts
    31
    Your welcome
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

  18. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,774
    Its not too different. The stock dyno a/f above was measured at the tailpipe after going thru 2 cats on each side.

    Pats a/f was measured with only 1 cat on each side.

    The data logs for primary 02 sensor voltage were not that much different between the two cars. Pats was richer than the stock car for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    Got it! A completely different approach to tuning between VAG and EVO. Looks like I have to unlearn everything I knew and learn all the new stuff. Well, at least now I know where to get right answers. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •