Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Viper tuned RS6 vs. Stock dyno day

My Viper tuned RS6 vs. Stock dyno day

I finally had a chance to get my car, along with Kyle's stock car on the dyno this weekend. I'll post the graphs as soon as I receive them, but for now here's the numbers along with a couple of video's.

Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Thanks again for coming down Kyle, it was fun, and I think I can actually say that I may be "car'd" out for a little bit.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

If any of you remember the last time we did this, the number were different. My "stock" car did 377 hp and 360 ft lbs. Pat's did 444 hp and 527 ft lbs. We are at the same dyno as last time. Why the difference then? Well, no one knows, but as far as the stock #'s go, it is much more in line with others who have had expierience with a "stock" car on a DynoJet.

So the difference is 70 hp at the wheels and 100 ft lbs. I suppose we could add 25% to these numbers to figure "at-the-crank" #'s. So almost 90 "crank" hp and 125 "crank" ft lbs.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Another interesting thing to note is the "stock" torque being slightly above hp, yet audi advertised these different.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    If any of you remember the last time we did this, the number were different. My "stock" car did 377 hp and 360 ft lbs. Pat's did 444 hp and 527 ft lbs. We are at the same dyno as last time. Why the difference then? Well, no one knows, but as far as the stock #'s go, it is much more in line with others who have had expierience with a "stock" car on a DynoJet.

So the difference is 70 hp at the wheels and 100 ft lbs. I suppose we could add 25% to these numbers to figure "at-the-crank" #'s. So almost 90 "crank" hp and 125 "crank" ft lbs.
    Yeah, we weren't the only ones. The A4 on the above chart owned by "Banana's" consistently puts down 260-300 at the wheels numbers, was only able to manage 142/178. Surely, doing 7 consecutive runs couldn't have been good for power either. Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up, or make excuses. Did you get the logs I sent you?
    Last edited by V8weight; October 3rd, 2010 at 23:07.

wow, wow, wow........honestly Pat I have been driving her for a week and stock is awesome, I have to get this tuned....I just want to lose my license.......

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    wow, wow, wow........honestly Pat I have been driving her for a week and stock is awesome, I have to get this tuned....I just want to lose my license.......
    Thanks Stephen! These dyno days are always a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post

Look closely at Pat's right side filter assembly as it caves in/depresses in during full throttle and then release of throttle...It pops back up!!!!

Pat, are you happy with the tune/numbers?
    Did they spray the intercooler before each run?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Nice dyno run Pat!
    +2. saw the airbox "suck in" during the dyno run. I'm working on fabbing an intake, will post outcome
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Look closely at Pat's right side filter assembly as it caves in/depresses in during full throttle and then release of throttle...It pops back up!!!!

Pat, are you happy with the tune/numbers?
    Did they spray the intercooler before each run?
    No intercooler spray at all, and like I said, they were screwing around and I ended up doing 7 runs before they got a good clean run in, thus the car was pretty well heat soaked. I am happy with the results overall though. It shows a substantial improvement over stock, but the numbers weren't astronomical.

A little off topic,
    The Evo X put down 1200 for torque. Does anyone else think that is insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    A little off topic,
    The Evo X put down 1200 for torque. Does anyone else think that is insane?
    There was a portable dyno out in the parking lot running Diesel trucks, that was actually the numbers from the Evo X owners Dodge Ram. Still insane though. There were trucks putting down upwards of 1800w/tq.

Stephen,

My results are coming in. A big thumbs up on my end. wink, wink

I talked to your prev owner this weekend and ran some logs on my car. He wants to talk to you and my PM you. I gave him your info....be on the lookout for a PM from Jim.

My PM box is full again....I will clear some space tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Stephen,

My results are coming in. A big thumbs up on my end. wink, wink

I talked to your prev owner this weekend and ran some logs on my car. He wants to talk to you and my PM you. I gave him your info....be on the lookout for a PM from Jim.

My PM box is full again....I will clear some space tomorrow.
    wait, I thought Stephen purchased GREG'S car???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Duckwingduck?........kw v3, bbs-gt, grey/black

Oh crap,

Who got Jims old car. Daytona gray, black int, 70k from AZ

Duckwingduck?........kw v3, bbs-gt, grey/black

Was that twinsteve?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Oh, and Kyles airbox did depress a little as well, just not nearly as much as Pats...;-)
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth