Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Viper tuned RS6 vs. Stock dyno day

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Duckwingduck?........kw v3, bbs-gt, grey/black
    yep... PM me about the driver's seat and the passengers seat
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Here's the dyno charts:

Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I'm not any good at reading dyno graphs... but the runs do look good from what I know! Massive congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    I'm not any good at reading dyno graphs... but the runs do look good from what I know! Massive congrats.
    Thanks Klint! I don't know if you are familiar with Viper Tuning being that you're, well, closer to Isle of Man than I am, but I was very pleased with not only his tuning, but also the service that I received despite being an ocean away.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Thanks Klint! I don't know if you are familiar with Viper Tuning being that you're, well, closer to Isle of Man than I am, but I was very pleased with not only his tuning, but also the service that I received despite being an ocean away.
    Pat,

I'm more than familiar with Viper Tuning and Rich! lol

Enjoy in good health.

Pat,

I'm more than familiar with Viper Tuning and Rich! lol

Enjoy in good health.
    Sweet! B5 S4? I figured you were well aware, I just didn't want to be "that guy" assuming that you were on first name basis because you lived in the same country.

Sweet! B5 S4? I figured you were well aware, I just didn't want to be "that guy" assuming that you were on first name basis because you lived in the same country.
    Pat,

That's Richard's car stickered up, his B5 R/S4. Took the snap last week.

Pat,

That's Richard's car stickered up, his B5 R/S4. Took the snap last week.
    Oh, ok. I've seen his Youtube videos. The acceleration on that thing is horrifying!

Oh, ok. I've seen his Youtube videos. The acceleration on that thing is horrifying!
    Sure is beast and a half. Watching the vids is one thing, experiencing it firsthand is another!

Wont reveal all, will save that for Rich to discuss. But if it's a beast now it'll be more of a horrifying ride once done.

Here's the dyno charts:
    I take it top graph is yours and bottom is stock. Looks nice and flat.

However, isn't the car running a little lean? You are not getting detonation at higher RPM? Were you running C16 on the dyno? It would be nice to see boost profile.
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    I take it top graph is yours and bottom is stock. Looks nice and flat.

However, isn't the car running a little lean? You are not getting detonation at higher RPM? Were you running C16 on the dyno? It would be nice to see boost profile.
    Its not lean, in fact, its a little on the rich side at the top end if anything.
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

Quote Originally Posted by viperbl View Post
    Its not lean, in fact, its a little on the rich side at the top end if anything.
    Sorry, to me "lean" means low A/F ratio.

Sorry, to me "lean" means low A/F ratio.
    Lean refers to low fuel to air mixture
    So for example 16:1 AFR would be lean
    And 10:1 AFR would be rich

Right, I had the nomenclature backwards. However, my basic question still stands. Although I have to qualify I am drawing on my past EVO experience. I am probably way off, seeing that stock AFR is at mind-numbing (to me) 14.

Right, I had the nomenclature backwards. However, my basic question still stands. Although I have to qualify I am drawing on my past EVO experience. I am probably way off, seeing that stock AFR is at mind-numbing (to me) 14.
    Yeah, stock map on most VAG cars is set to target AFR 14.7:1 until the Exhaust Gas Temps get too high then it dumps some fuel in! Good for fuel economy, lol.

On my maps I like to run closer to 12:1 or below to keep EGTs down, to me engine/turbo life is the biggest factor and I like to make sure things stay in working order!

An no detonation at high rpm

Got it! A completely different approach to tuning between VAG and EVO. Looks like I have to unlearn everything I knew and learn all the new stuff. Well, at least now I know where to get right answers. Thanks!

Your welcome

Its not too different. The stock dyno a/f above was measured at the tailpipe after going thru 2 cats on each side.

Pats a/f was measured with only 1 cat on each side.

The data logs for primary 02 sensor voltage were not that much different between the two cars. Pats was richer than the stock car for sure.

Got it! A completely different approach to tuning between VAG and EVO. Looks like I have to unlearn everything I knew and learn all the new stuff. Well, at least now I know where to get right answers. Thanks!