Thread: RS6 Torque Converter code P0741

RS6 Torque Converter code P0741

I got this code, P0741, about 4 months ago. The code reads, " Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid, Circuit Performance or Stuck Off ", now..., by saying this, I know I am not the only one with this issue. One day I decided to go to the track by my house, Great Lakes Dragaway by Union Grove, WI and after I race the track to see how I'll do in the 1/4 mile, I noticed on my way home that the code erased by itself. A couple of days later, after I put a couple of hundred miles, the code came back again. Another day at the gas station, I also noticed that when I finished the code erased by itself too, but it came back again a couple of days later, ain't that suspicious. I bought my car in 09/07/2008 with 68,900 miles. Since then, besides the upgrades I did this summer, another code came after I bought the car regarding something related to the driver air bag ring something. I had that taking care of ( I think they erase the code at the dealer I bought it and I end up fixing it ) and now I have this issue. I want to know what the experts out there have been taking care of this and also, again, I would like your unbiased opinion about 2 Timing Belt kits with Water Pump included and Coolant/ Antifreeze, these are ECS Tuning and BLAUParts.com. On relation to the torque converter issues I found a couple of companies too, 517 Trans, ACE and heard of IPT. I haven't talked to the last one. I'll really appreciate any inputs in these matters. For those that doesn't know something about my profile, I am handicap/ paraplegic. I have special handcontrols in my beast toy installed to enjoy it. Some people say that they don't know to love it or hate it.... I honestly think that if you got your hands on this beast, just wait about 8 more years to see what's going to be the opinion out there then...........Take Care Boys. Thanks everybody.

Since it goes away by itself, it could be a sticky valve in the valve body. I would put a bottle of red LubeGuard in it. It is great to free up sticke valves. http://www.lubegard.com/C-112/LUBEGA...uid+Protectant
    05 Cayenne turbo

Take the car down to Tozo in Chicago. Take out the valve body and flush the trans fluid.

It could need a TC

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Take the car down to Tozo in Chicago. Take out the valve body and flush the trans fluid.

It could need a TC
    Heck from his Profile setting he is right there. I would if it were me.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

+2 for Tozo- Either way you will have "The Expert" looking at your tranny and giving you his invaluable input/advice.
    210K miles rolled

+3. Tozo. - git er done rite da furs time
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Hi Tozo. I'll appreciate the info. I'll let you know. By the way, are you the same Tozo from Chicago that the other quys answered down this threat, referred me to go to have it checked. Thanks.

You're welcome. Yes, I am the same Tozo
    05 Cayenne turbo

I just got back from getting the Lubegard. Sorry about the stupid question, but, I checked the manual, and I can't find the place to add the Lubegard ATF in my RS6m, Can you guide me ?, Thanks Again.

You can only fill the trans from the bottom.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino315 View Post
    ...........I can't find the place to add the Lubegard ATF in my RS6m, Can you guide me ?, Thanks Again.
    car has to be running and elevated, preferably on a lift as you'll need to remove the fill plug (big plug in the recess hole) to add the lubegard. Again, car has to be running or else most of the trans fluid will end up on the floor.
    I do mine on ramps/jack stands.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Thanks Mark. I recently google the question and found out also on the BLAUParts website, the procedure and of course, because I am in a wheelchair, I am going to have to take it to a shop. Thanks again.

Thanks. Snoopra.

By the way Tozo, let me know if you could do it for me and how much. My e-mail is csiace@wi.rr.com Thanks again. P.S.: As soon as you answer me, I'll give you my phone to make arrangements.

You've got mail.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Glad your checking with Tozo on the matter. He will shoot you a straight repair.

Cross your fingers boys and girls....Tozo might be getting another RS6 to rebuild the trans in the very near future.

Sorry Mr. Tozo, I can't find the e-mail. Again, mine is csiace@wi.rr.com Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino315 View Post
    Sorry Mr. Tozo, I can't find the e-mail. Again, mine is csiace@wi.rr.com Thanks again.
    I re-sent it
    05 Cayenne turbo