Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is the best RS6 Timing Belt Kit

I got the FCP kit for my S6 and was happy with the quality. Although I mentioned that on Audizine recently and got some flack for it, not sure why exactly. All the parts (to my knowledge) were OEM or equivalent quality.

I ended up getting my parts from a few sources.
    the eurpaparts kit is nice because you can get the parts you want and they clearly listed with price, so I grabbed the bulk from them and got the vacate cover gasket kit from parts geek, it was good stuff and cheap enough. I bought the Gates blue belt from Amazon for $63 and it will be here in two days.

i contacted the Audi underground guy I got my silicone IC tubes and he priced a couple of kits out for me but I ended up ordering late Friday night and didn't want to log into my work account to respond back to him about what parts came with his kit. He did mention he can price match and he seemed to know a lot about the kits and Audis.

I bought mine from Worldpac. Was all OEM parts except the thermostat and the timing belt. Got the kit that came with water pump, tensioner, pulley tensioner, 2 tiny pulleys, another pulley and some offset bolt. I then added a Continental belt and a Hella thermostat. My Audi tech friend that is doing most of the work while I observe had all the seals that may or may not be needed but will be changed while we are there anyway. I think all told it cost me $220-$230
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes