Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas is coming!!!!

Christmas is coming!!!!

I get my RS6 tomorrow!!! I swear this site has only intensified my excitement!! Its scary cause I keep getting into my other Audi, and she is no slouch, but I keep thinking damn am I going to garage you for ever?
    Ok so this is what I know so far, maintanence....brakes(check, will be replaced), TB and 75k tune(check doing next week, 70k on clock), mods..cheecccckkkk -def a an ECU/TCU tune......but guys, given she has KWv3's w/ 20"BBS(stiff ride), just in general what should I expect? I mean, I just read a thread regarding that sloppy ebay offerring and one member said, you need to have water/oil temp up to warm for turbos to be at peak.....I realize I need to drive her, alot but what are the quirks?
    Ty again to u all and look forward to being a lifer........

Oh thats right. Your getting Greg's old car.

Enjoy!! Ben drove that car and I almost ran Greg off the road on the last Julian run. "Greg! Move that car over and let me pass!"

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Oh thats right. Your getting Greg's old car.

Enjoy!! Ben drove that car and I almost ran Greg off the road on the last Julian run. "Greg! Move that car over and let me pass!"

LOL
    um, when you get under 200 miles for a tank o' go-go juice, you might slow down after 3 months... if you are lucky... hehehe

water/oil temp - yeah, you might want to wait a little until the water temp comes up and the oil temp will come up as you drive it but you will not have full boost until things are up to temp.
    Might want to get an OEM set of rims and some winter shoes as the 20" aren't gonna be the best in winter in NJ.

Also, I have driven 3 and each were relatively close in ride/power/etc. Yours (Greg's) is/was slightly stiffer due to the 20's and the KWv3 settings.
    If you watch the videos on Youtube that I sent you, that is me filming and Greg driving.

I am waiting for one Dentist I know to take the plunge and REVO out his Mugello and then get a ride/drive to feel the tune/boost...

OK that is fookin' true! Dave was on Greg's bumper the entire time and I coulda sworn that he was gonna pass anytime!
    It was a hoot!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

That was funny on the last Julian run. Greg was leading the #2 pack and John and I jumped ship to the #1 group the first chance we had. I think my front bumper was glued to Greg's a$$ the whole first stint.

Look out idjuits.

Hey Ben we may come over your way this weekend. The wife wants to hit some Tour of Poway bike ride or something. Says its wine country. I didnt know SD had wine country. ha

I am almost in the same boat. Mine should be here in two weeks depending on shipping.

I decided not to sell my S4 because I love her but I may fold because I really do not need two cars.

Cannot wait to join the ranks of the RS6 club.

That was funny on the last Julian run. Greg was leading the #2 pack and John and I jumped ship to the #1 group the first chance we had. I think my front bumper was glued to Greg's a$$ the whole first stint.

Look out idjuits.

Hey Ben we may come over your way this weekend. The wife wants to hit some Tour of Poway bike ride or something. Says its wine country. I didnt know SD had wine country. ha
    Yeah, Greg had a rear view mirror full o' Dave! I remember him trying to push it a little...

Wine country is up in Temecula near Benman! Lemme know, we can gtg!
    You should have normal non-116 degree weather...not like today

Speedtrapped is gonna spend a week pampering the Ebony Rs6 and then let her rip!
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Too funny. Greg was trying to push it? Oh boy.

The ride is in Poway,Ca. I'm 50/50 on the trip becuase I cant take the Audi. May stay home and go golfing all weekend. Going to check weather and let ya know.

5 am, on my way to gym and I'm on this site, and yes I'm gonna let her rip. Ben I did watch those videos, great road. I bought covertw12 rims and will get a decent set of winters for them. Soon as possible I am going to post some pics, along with my S8 and my old grey mare 71' ford bronco.

ok I tried search and I am coming up short, would one of you mind pointing me in the right direction for the 'MTM TCU' tune, pls? Will I have to notify either the ECU vendor or the MTM TCU vendor of the diff products being used in tandem?
    Stephen

Contact Hoppen motorsports in FL.

You will have to send your TCU to them and have the chip installed.

Its a standard MTM TCU upgrade chip. It has worked well with Revo, EC and other ECU reflashes.

Ty Dave.....she has arrived, in my driveway at home, wife did inspection, all good....I cant stand it-I want to lleave work right now!

Dont let her drive it! You will never get the keys back.

hahah, glad you got the car and we had an idea on history. Its a SoCal car driven in the best car climate possible. Should be no surprises on condition.

Clean her up and take some pics. Good to see it went to a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Ty Dave.....she has arrived, in my driveway at home, wife did inspection, all good....I cant stand it-I want to lleave work right now!

Too funny. Greg was trying to push it? Oh boy.

The ride is in Poway,Ca. I'm 50/50 on the trip becuase I cant take the Audi. May stay home and go golfing all weekend. Going to check weather and let ya know.
    As much as he could on 20" rims and he was concerned about pushing it too much due to the blow out last time on Mesa Grande.
    The temp dropped 30 degrees in 1 day.

No Audi? Inquiring minds wanna know...

Sounds like Stephen as it all figured out on the '6.
    I dont remember hearing anything about tuning the TCU to the ECU tune, at least for the MTM chip (this is where Pat would grace us all with his experience)

Because of the bike ride event and the dog. She wants to tow the LX470 over to CA. I cant haul bikes and the dog around in the RS6. Areghereqre...crap. No fun.

For the mortals without the super Viper tune. The MTM TCU chip works well with the run of the mill ECU reflashes. The Viper taylors the TCU chip to the specific ECU flash.

uuuhhhmmmmmmm me likey, car is in great shape, in and out. Had to clean her up after work, dirty Chicago air, sorry can't help myself. Torque is addictive. I really didn't get a chance to open her up, yet. But what I tested was a blast. Def rides on rails with suspension and wheel setup. Promise pics tomorrow. Sleep tight

For the mortals without the super Viper tune. The MTM TCU chip works well with the run of the mill ECU reflashes. The Viper taylors the TCU chip to the specific ECU flash.
    ? Can you explain this about my tune? Are you saying my TCU map will only work with my ECU Map?
    Custom VAG Tuning on RS6's - Email rich at vipertuning.com for details

Nope

You do taylor your TCU chip to your ECU tune.

Nope

You do taylor your TCU chip to your ECU tune.
    Yep, I ran the Viper ecu for about a month with the MTM tcu chip before switching to the Viper tcu. The Viper chip worked a hell of a lot better.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's