Thread: Ebay RS6

Ebay RS6

Seems relatively cheap at $22.9 K with 65k mi, but it is in Chicago, so who knows what shape it's in (no offense to those of you from Obamaland).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item53e3ad4a53

I wouldn't worry so much about the car living in Chicago, Audis stand up to road salt like none other. BMWs and benzes will rust. Five year old S-Class doors start bubbling with rust, unbelievable. But you virtually never see a rusty Audi.

This particular car is being sold by "Luxor Motors" after they bought it at auction. Google them and draw your own conclusions.

The free ebay background check is clean, but you can see from it that this car was registered in an upscale north shore Chicago burb, where it did most of it's miles. I would bet $20 it was traded in on an S5.

You have to ask yourself why a trade-in ends up at auction, this is a car the dealer could make a fast $5k on, no problem...

I would say decent chance of cleared codes and hidden problems. Couple of board members in that hood... any helpers? I'm in NY all week.

Can anyone say torque converter

Ding Ding- Dhall hits 4K posts...
    210K miles rolled

notice that the engine front cover missing as well, strange but since that is stamped with BI-Turbo, etc.....maybe engine work performed by non-audi and not replaced.....seems strange....I swear when I was looking I almost bought the salvage one from the NC seller, kept bidding him $14, he kept $15k firm....then the other salvage(although seller says it is not, hmmmmmm)w/ 22k miles I bid him very low to, passed. There are some nice ones listed on autotrader. The thread here helped me choose my RS6

good catch! Maybe to show the new shiny hoses?
    I thought it was odd that the paint looked like two different colors
    The interior trim pieces are beat to hell.
    Only one all weather floor mats..

Surfer, keep looking elsewhere... this one looks like the turd in the punchbowl...but that is just my opinion...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Post count whore! +1

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Ding Ding- Dhall hits 4K posts...

My favorite shots from the listing: Detailer-monkey greases the soft plastics while slathering interior with 14 gallons of DEETAILER SHINE PRO GOLD XL 2000.
    If you don't know, petroleum-based "detailing" products will eat through the soft coating. Durh.

Next fave: Uh oh. My ButT LoGo iS CrOoKeD... How the f--- did that happen? rS § anybody?

I'm just gonna eyeball this one....oops, no one will notice

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    My favorite shots from the listing: Detailer-monkey greases the soft plastics while slathering interior with 14 gallons of DEETAILER SHINE PRO GOLD XL 2000.
    If you don't know, petroleum-based "detailing" products will eat through the soft coating. Durh.

Next fave: Uh oh. My ButT LoGo iS CrOoKeD... How the f--- did that happen? rS § anybody?

Shut up while they type up the "clean" carfax on it...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post

What about the gallon of tire shine dripping off of the mismatched tires.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I too would stay away from this dealer. I wen to them back in 2005 to test drive an S4. The car was clean but they have such tight parking lots you can barely squeeze your leg into the door opening to get into the car so the salesman said "no worries, I'll bring it around front for you". He then proceeded to jump in the car and while pulling it out of the spot caught the passenger rear door on a spicket sticking out from the side of the building and tore the hell out of the door. He then confessed to his manager in front of me that he screwed up the car and the manager turns to me and said "I'll take $2K off the price if you buy it as is". I just started laughing and said thanks, but no thanks... Keep on looking.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    What about the gallon of tire shine dripping off of the mismatched tires.
    Hey, at least they lube up before they stick it to ya!

They could have made it the ultra rare RS9... 1 of 1... accepts ANY wheel combo you like and it generates shiny stuff on its wheels by itself.

Hello all... noob here. first post. Been lookin to upgrade from my 02 'A6 and actually test drove this car over the weekend... brake pad light was on, so not sure what was going on there. Red flag to me... The kid that showed me the car didn't really know too much about the RS6 outside of it being fast. Only let me drive it around the industrial park where the office was. Punched and braked hard a few times, but didn't get to open road test it. Didn't see any glaring issues, but I only got to drive it maybe about a mile before he wanted me to park it. Kept it running for awhile, and didn't see any leaking fluids on the floor. Lots of shine everywhere... engine bay, dashboard, seats, etc. Not an RS6 expert, but figured I'd share my impression of the car...

Holla

Quote Originally Posted by lou10it View Post
    Hello all... noob here. first post. Been lookin to upgrade from my 02 'A6 and actually test drove this car over the weekend... brake pad light was on, so not sure what was going on there. Red flag to me... The kid that showed me the car didn't really know too much about the RS6 outside of it being fast. Only let me drive it around the industrial park where the office was. Punched and braked hard a few times, but didn't get to open road test it. Didn't see any glaring issues, but I only got to drive it maybe about a mile before he wanted me to park it. Kept it running for awhile, and didn't see any leaking fluids on the floor. Lots of shine everywhere... engine bay, dashboard, seats, etc. Not an RS6 expert, but figured I'd share my impression of the car...

Holla

Sounds like you didn't get to test the problem components at all:

1. DRC - get to 70+mph and then turn the wheel side to side and the car should be flat and stable, if not, DRC is either toast or replaced with something else.
    2. Trans/TQ - smooth shifting and check Drive, Reverse, Sport and tippy with paddles and shifter. Should be relatively smooth not banging and not surging when upshifting and boosting.
    3. Boost - you will not know the full power (of this operational battle station) until the water/oil are at operating temp - otherwise boost is pulled/limited.
    4. Ask what the hell is the dealio with the mismatched tires?
    5. Carfax? It looks like it was either hit in the rear or a repaint with lack of attention to detail.
    6. Brakes - wear sensor is telling you (cryptic as it may be, that the pad are done) and it looks like the rotors are toast also.
    7. Timing belt?
    8. Maintenance logs/receipts?

It looks like a hot colostomy bag... unless your goal or someone's goal is to track the car, it is a big pass...

Me personally? Not interested. I actually did run the carfax... came back clean. But I didn't like the fact that I could only drive it a mile... What the heck can you tell in a mile?? Nothing. So... On to the next one!