Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi at the Paris Show Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    Audi makes money, so it's not a problem today despite what custumers really want.

I've got the feeling that Audi is an old system entreprise. Reactive, not proactive.

BMW produces an M1.....warning! let's produce a RS3 even it's too late, even if all RS are supposed to be now produced earlier in a cars's life.

RS5 is too slow....but you can not imagine a turbo V8 in the segment ! Just wait for the next C63 (55?). And you'll see 2/3 years later that kind of engine in such an Audi.

Last Audi for me. First time i'm not in a hurry to pick up a new car (supposed to arrive 18th-22th october). I now want something special, not a B7 RS4 with 2 doors and Leds. A car i won't forget ! not that sort of expensive toy with no soul.

For information, last dyno values in a french magazine: RS5 422HP - GT-R 505HP.
    TDI, Direct Injection, AWD, Aluminium Space Frame, luxury hatchback (A3), performance stationwagons, DSG, LEDs,... All things that Audi pioneered ahead of its main rivals, while there was no demand for them. All things that BMW (perhaps even Mercedes who are more into electronic gadgets) would have never risked money on, unless the market forced them.

The first RS4 had 380hp (with 600hp tuning potential) while the M3 was still contemplating 300hp. After the poor 2nd gen RS6 sales, I don't think Audi was too eager to invest a lot in another hp-monster. It's not the future.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

^
    Well put..
    Seems like many people run on short memory!

Well when i order an RS5, i don't have in mind the past....i just want it to be a special and amazing, such as the first RS4. A car which is well ahead the current AMG or M.

It's not the case. That's pitty, because the A5 is one of the most beautiful car i've never seen. Something new had to appear inside the engine. It's a RS !

If i make no mistake, it's the first RS sharing (almost) the same engine with the previous generation. +0m.kg and +30HP it's not enough for a 5 years younger car.

Just upset. We are all here RS fanatics, maybe a minority compared to the TDI's addicts proud to have LED's on their car. My pleasure is in the engine.

I'm not the only one in that case....Qisha would not have open a "future RS" topic for only one dispointed guy. There's something which has to change.

RE: back on topic.

no new V8 yet.

at least audi got its concept thing out. the only other etron concepts they could possibly make are a minivan and a sedan. hope they are done with that stuff for a while. let's hope LA brings something real to the table- like the S8. and SOMETHING ABOUT THE V8.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

about the rumored s1

from this article

http://www.automotorsport.se/news/21...wd-och-270-hk/

here translated

http://translate.google.it/translate...-och-270-hk%2F

S1 is the emblem of the parts catalog!

New data that we recently received from Ingolstadt says that S1-name's belated disappearance was due to what many of our readers wrote in comments: name S1 (or S3, S4, S5, S6, S8) is associated very strongly with all-wheel drive. Risken var uppenbar att en framhjulsdriven S1 skulle urvattna betydelsen och därför backade man i sista stund till "A1 TFSI 185 hk". The risk was apparent that a front-wheel-S1 would dilute the importance and therefore fell to the last moment to "A1 TFSI 185 hp".

But there is no reason to be sad.Audi namely all the time planned to build a true hornet at A1 due to the Haldex four-wheel drive and turbocharged petrol four of 270 horses! Originally it was thought that this little "monster" would be named RS1 (to fit in to Rs2, coming RS3, RS4, RS5 and RS6, and RS7 forthcoming). . But now here will make it instead so that the four-wheel drive GTI-challenger will be called S1

Audi's decision on the name change came very late. One of the Dutch readers have taken a screenshot from Audi's electronic parts system and where you can clearly see that the S1 is the emblem with the illustration. However, it seems the emblem did not receive any part numbers

A possible reason for the Audi repented of S1-name can be that it meant something even more powerful engines in the future.We know for example that VW is working on a 210 bhp Polo R

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    about the rumored s1

But there is no reason to be sad.Audi namely all the time planned to build a true hornet at A1 due to the Haldex four-wheel drive and turbocharged petrol four of 270 horses! Originally it was thought that this little "monster" would be named RS1 (to fit in to Rs2, coming RS3, RS4, RS5 and RS6, and RS7 forthcoming). . But now here will make it instead so that the four-wheel drive GTI-challenger will be called S1

A possible reason for the Audi repented of S1-name can be that it meant something even more powerful engines in the future.We know for example that VW is working on a 210 bhp Polo R
    I am convinced that a stronger version of the A1 will still appear.
    It might be called S1
    It will NOT have quattro - the Polo platform is not prepared for that. Maybe A1 Mk. II

Sorry to say, the A1 is sure a great car, just not for me without quattro
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net