Thread: Upgraded to MTM Stage 4 (almost)

Upgraded to MTM Stage 4 (almost)

As some of you know I recently upgraded my intercoolers. I noticed some pretty significant turbo lag. So we pulled codes and saw that mt ECU had a pretty old version of MTM software. I figured I might as well upgrade software since I had to get a reflash. After talking to Mike at Hoppen Ad told him of upgrades I plan on doing he suggested I step up to stage 4 software. So of course I did it and installed a Bosch 044 fuel pump, Bosch 5 bar regulator and colder plugs. I took some pics during the install of the pump and reg. I also found out that the NGK PFR8B plugs that I was told to get, do not exist(?). I talked to NGK north america and UK, they both said there is no such plugs. I was instead given part #BKR8EIX which I'm told is a one step colder plug just an Iridium plug. Found installing the plugs pretty simple using P3u's write up (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...ark+plug+guide). The reg. and pump were not that bad either, I would advise getting these fittings http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSCH-044-COSWOR...item2302d7d15a for the fuel pump install, I called everyone I could locally and no one had the parts. I plan doing the turbo upgrade and down pipes in the near future so until then I'll have to take a little easy on the car.

The car definitely runs a lot stronger, turbo lag is almost totally gone. The car just keeps pulling it's crazy! Hopefully this info is useful if some one is thinking of doing the same work. Here are pics of the parts I used, factory

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WireAdapter..jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	10229 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FactoryPump..jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	10230 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parts..jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	10231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reglocation..jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	10232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	044Installed..jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	10233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	044Splice..jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	10234

Dallas, which intercoolers did you go for?..

Congrats! Are you the first person to actually install the Bosch 044 pump? Thanks for the link to the hardware, I'm sure that is valuable info to quite a few people.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by vikingrs6 View Post
    Dallas, which intercoolers did you go for?..
    I went with the wagner kit that comes with hose and carbon ducts.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Congrats! Are you the first person to actually install the Bosch 044 pump? Thanks for the link to the hardware, I'm sure that is valuable info to quite a few people.
    Thanks! Don't know if I'm the first or not. I will say that the Bosch pump is longer than the stock which makes for a tight fit. Also the fuel line between the pump and filter is to short and will need to be replaced with a longer one.

Great info and thanks for the detailed pics! I'll post mine when I finally install, not planning to cut off the OEM plug. I did a post a while back with a ebay.uk link to a different style of fittings for the 044.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by DALLAS_RS6 View Post
    Thanks! Don't know if I'm the first or not. I will say that the Bosch pump is longer than the stock which makes for a tight fit. Also the fuel line between the pump and filter is to short and will need to be replaced with a longer one.
    Thanks for the info! You might not be the first but definitely among the first. I still have it in my trunk awaiting installation. Do you mind taking a look at the related thread here to confirm our "guesses" there? Any special wiring required? Thanks!

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...mped+044+bosch

Also, I would insulate the pump elect terminals.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by BenA View Post
    Thanks for the info! You might not be the first but definitely among the first. I still have it in my trunk awaiting installation. Do you mind taking a look at the related thread here to confirm our "guesses" there? Any special wiring required? Thanks!

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...mped+044+bosch
    I assume your talking about the pos./neg. connection to the pump. The Red/Black is positive and the Brown/Black is negative. If this is not what your talking about let me know.

What plugs would you recommend for a non-chipped rs6?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

NGK PFR7Q would be fine since they are OEM.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    NGK PFR7Q would be fine since they are OEM.
    I would agree. I ran the oem's until now. I only switched because I had to for the tune.

Thanks guys. Wasn't sure if running that step colder would be a good idea.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Not sure if any RS 6 guys have experimented with Copper plugs. I switched to copper when I had a 1.8T A4. They ran much smoother. The only downside is they need changed ~3k miles, maybe too much work on a RS 6.

Copper Plugs are NGK BKR7E
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement