Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fecking drc

Fecking drc

So after a whole 4 days & 320 miles of owning a new Rs6 + saloon the rear shock has burst ...

One very pissed off rs owner ....I've checked and there are no parts in the UK Or in germany at the factory.

How do i stand if they say 4-6 weeks for a new part as it's only 4 days old ???

Should i get my money back ??

One very pissed off Grizz ...
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

Speechless...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

The stealership SHOULD take one off a showroom car and give it to you... That would be the RIGHT thing to do...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

They don't have any more in stock ...
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

Let's see, they failed with the C5 RS6, they failed with the B7 RS4, and there failing again with the C6 RS6. I've been an Audi owner for at least one car for the last 20 years. I most likely will be looking elseware when I replace my Audi's.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Dear grizz,

i am very interested in details concerning your car. Please provide me with additional information via PM. (VIN, Dealership, Mileage on delivery, demonstration car? etc.)

Qisha

Get em Qisha!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Gutted to hear this Grizz. And did I read that Mooch has sold his beast? How are you going to pay for the C6 without his car on the books I had a similar experience when I bought my car. I picked the car up after the purchase, and not 4 days later the DRC failed. I insisted that it be replaced with coilovers by the dealer from which I bought it. 3 weeks later they had failed to secure a set of H&R's, and decided to install a set of KW's instead. It turned out the KW's were on back order, and they had my car for a total of 9.5 weeks when all was said and done. Meanwhile I was making payments on a car that I had put 200 miles on.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I am sorry to hear this.

I recall posting that Audi should have abandoned the DRC after the first system failed.

Why the hell are they refusing to go the same direction everyother car company is going? Electromagnectic damper control!

First found in the Caddy and the Corvette (if I recall) now common on BMW's and others.

This DRC system is too finicky. Too hard to FIX and has NO internal monitoring to show an early leak or failure. I am amazed that no one has had a fatal accident as a result of a one sided DRC failure ( I know too well what the RS6 feels like with one diagonal set without pressure).

Take the car back.

Get another brand.

Mike

Doctors orders, Grizz. ;-)
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

For the amount of money you paid for a new C6 RS6.

Stuff the car back in their buttox. Have them get you another one.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    So after a whole 4 days & 320 miles of owning a new Rs6 + saloon the rear shock has burst ...

One very pissed off rs owner ....I've checked and there are no parts in the UK Or in germany at the factory.

How do i stand if they say 4-6 weeks for a new part as it's only 4 days old ???

Should i get my money back ??

One very pissed off Grizz ...

Oooof- Sad to hear and hope you get a resolution soon.

Audi- Dump the DRC!!

210K miles rolled

Hi all

I've got the v10 rs6 avant and the DRC seems fine on mine, and I've had lots of fun with track driving days, hill climbs and the odd drag day. What a car! Anyway, thanks for the warning, just remember the 3 year Audi warranty and be totally full on with no stopping if something does go wrong. Anyway, if Audi does stuff up this time (again!) I'm off to Porsche 911 something as life is too short.

The problem with a system like DRC (besides the unreliability) is simply that Audi failed to provide a method for every tech in every country who might work on one with proper training so they would know how the DRC/RS6 should ride when working at 100%. Not knowing this crucial fact has ruined the car for everyone who bought one and has had to have the DRC repaired. It has never been as good as when new and the lack of any ability to prove this to service people has enabled them to tell us all is working as designed even though we know it isnt even close and you are told by them that you dont know what you are talking about.... They have only driven broken ones so how would they know? This one factor has ended a 21 year exclusive love affair for me with Audi's.. I shall never buy another.
    Last edited by Hy Octane; August 25th, 2010 at 17:55.

Ya sure! You know you want an RS3!

How do you know when you have a problem with DRC - does MMI flag a fault ?

I hear ya about some of AoA problems.

Dont always think the grass is greener on the other side of the street. Our E55 AMG almost killed us and MB is hiding a major flaw in gas tank design. The problem is current and owners of E55s are now reporting gas tank leaks all over the country.

I will take my Audi all day and Sundays over the AMG problem.

If you know anyone with a E55 2003-2006 please have them contact me. The $hit kickin is just gettin started.

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    The problem with a system like DRC (besides the unreliability) is simply that Audi failed to provide a method for every tech in every country who might work on one with proper training so they would know how the DRC/RS6 should ride when working at 100%. Not knowing this crucial fact has ruined the car for everyone who bought one and has had to have the DRC repaired. It has never been as good as when new and the lack of any ability to prove this to service people has enabled them to tell us all is working as designed even though we know it isnt even close and you are told by them that you dont know what you are talking about.... They have only driven broken ones so how would they know? This one factor has ended a 21 year exclusive love affair for me with Audi's.. I shall never buy another.

I'll take an Audi over a Bimmer, MB, and over anything euro.

problems yes, but man... i've heard about bigger problems on them bimmers.
    2003 RS6 - forsale