Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fecking drc

Hi Grizz

Could I ask the signs of the DRC failure? It sounds dramatic - like was there suddenly oil everywhere on the ground or dripping? Was it obvious from the feel of it when driving? It's a terrible thing to happen to your new car. I must admit I drove today with no radio on and listening very intently for any unusual sound or anything that felt different. Best wishes for getting it dealt with and here's hoping that it's not an epidemic like last time.

Dear grizz,

i checked the status on needed parts. 4F0 512 020 B is available and can be ordered. If needed the part will be shipped via UPS Express and should be at the dealership the next business day.

Without having seen the car in person i am very serious about the failure, as this is the first time ever. Hopefully the dealership removed all transportation locks and prepared the car as prescribed.

Qisha

The part had been ordered and will be with dealer on the 4th September ......

The oil is from the side of the shock where the little valve unit is fitted.

There way a little rattle from the shock and when i got out the car oil was dripping all over the inside of the wheel & the lower wishbone ..
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

I've just picked up a brand new c6 rs6 as a loan car until mine is fixed , It even came with a full tank of petrol ..
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

Progress!
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thanks for info. about how it happened.

Holly shit! The best loaner I ever got was a 5 year old A6!

Just spent two weeks with a ford focus loaner. Ok car. But.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyh View Post
    Hi Grizz

Could I ask the signs of the DRC failure? It sounds dramatic - like was there suddenly oil everywhere on the ground or dripping? Was it obvious from the feel of it when driving? It's a terrible thing to happen to your new car. I must admit I drove today with no radio on and listening very intently for any unusual sound or anything that felt different. Best wishes for getting it dealt with and here's hoping that it's not an epidemic like last time.
    It can happen in various ways. It can leak enough to where you can see drops of oil on it, it can slowly leak out over time, or as I saw one case, someones drc accumulator on his B7 RS4 exploded while driving and shot across an intersection.

The easiest clue is that the car will begin to rebound four or five times after going over bump or when you push down on the fender.

If you have only one pair fail the car drivers very very weird since the pairs are diagonally connected front to opposite rear.

The oil, I was told, is a very thin clear fluid like mineral oil, and if you have a leak its only going to squirt out under active compression while you are driving, you are not likely to find a 'puddle' under the car.

Hi

Thanks for this - I had the C5 RS6 which had the notorious DRC failure - it was gradual and I got it somewhat confused with hitting a pothole and didn't know what was what until I joined this forum and knew that something was wrong over and above the pothole incident. There are not a lot of RS6s in Australia. Anyway, it's a bit like a bad dream as I thought that Audi had "fixed" the DRC on the C6 RS6. I don't want a loaner, I want my C6 RS6 Avant working perfectly. I like it very much and it is a great car and unique. It was a nightmare trying to convince the dealer that anything was wrong with the C5 DRC when it was lurching and lolling around very obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyh View Post
    Hi
    . It was a nightmare trying to convince the dealer that anything was wrong with the C5 DRC when it was lurching and lolling around very obviously.
    that was THE problem. They simply would not listen to reason, nor respond to a logical comparison between my car and a new S4 sitting next to it.

That was the source of my biggest issue with Audi.