Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahhhh!!! Nightmare clearbra experience...need help!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Rado_RS6 View Post
    My bumper is now fixed and I'm waiting another week for it to cure before I get the bra put back on.
    FYI, you need to wait a full 30 days after fresh paint before getting the clearbra put on.

Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Yup, Progressive paid for a complete bumper cover pull, respray, and new clearbra install on the bumper. All for my $100 comp deductible. Who ever said customer service is dead? I actually ended up going with Profile Autobody on S. Santa Fe, mostly out of convenience. They did a decent job. The shade match wasn't perfect, but mostly unnoticeable, esp with the bra on. The customer service experience there was pretty awesome, though, and Progressive got me in the next morning, done in a day. The place that did the bra, The Tint Stop, on S. Santa Fe near Platinum Autoworks and Prairie Arms, did a great job on the bra. I will likely use them again since they are a lot closer than Longmont. They and the body shop said two weeks for the paint to cure. I ended up waiting a little longer than that. So far, no problems.
    03 RS6 Ebony / Gray
    04 Ford Focus SVT - 30MPG on average!
    92 Jeep Cherokee
    05 Mitsu EVO MR -> Gone
    03 Mitsu EVO -> Gone
    97 A4 1.8TQMS chipped -> Gone

Quote Originally Posted by 'Rado_RS6 View Post
    They and the body shop said two weeks for the paint to cure. I ended up waiting a little longer than that. So far, no problems.
    A lot of shops say two weeks for paint to cure, you were smart to wait a little longer.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan