Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New RS4 next year ...

New RS4 next year ...

Hallo,

in the new Auto Motor Sport in Germany is a article with the new RS4 450 HP V8 starting in the end of 2011
    Also the same Motor is in the RS5

Nice to hear
    regards
    Andi

I do not believe this... But if true it is a pure (bad) joke ! Audi must now deliver a top end V8 tt for its future RS models and reduce weight.

Debuting a new car with that engine i 2011. No, highly unlikely.

I got this new info:
    *presentation geneve 2011
    *on sale april 2011
    *price from € 82.000

something true?

Every components are there... MB has C 63 AMG V8, BMW has M3 limousine, also V8..., so RS 4 V8, why not...?

I heard from an Audi insider back in 2008 that the follow-up to the B7 RS4 would have the new 4.0-litre TFSI V8. After I wrote that, others said that there would be no B8 RS4. As things stand, it looks as if the next RS4 will come after the refresh of the current A4 series and be called B9. Although i haven't spoken to that person in a while, I have no reason to doubt what they said. However, there's been a lot of talk about down-sizing and given the recent state of Europe's economies, oil prices and environmental consciousness people buying high-performance cars as easily as they used to. A kind of environmental/ social responsibility is evident among car-buying patterns as far as I can see. Does this mean Audi has changed its mind about what the RS4 should have? It is conceivable that it could get a development of the 3.0-litre petrol engine, which could easily punch out 400 bhp. BMW will revert to a 6-cylinder in-line engine for the next M3, but Lexus and Mercedes-Benz look as though they'll stick with V8s. My money is on the 4.0-litre V8.

4.0T V8 or Audi don't have to make it
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

you think the B8/B9 RS4 would come with the new V8 TFSI 4.0 ? so where does it leave the RS5? i makes no sense to have these two cars with different engines, the RS5 should come then also with the new 4.0 TFSI. but thats crap for the customers that always has the RS5 now.
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

maybe the new engine will arrive with the completely new a4 if we see it on marketing side,difficult to introduce a new engine on "old" car (for b9 facelift could be also used the 3.0 tfsi already seen on the q5 custom concept @ worthersee 2009 )

@tvrfan...

why it makes no sense? they have two different engines in the same car (S5 Coupe and S5 Cabriolet) - so why shouldn't they do it with the RS4 and RS5?

hmm? has the S5 cab the 3.0 TFSI and the S4 coupe the 4.2. V8 ? when yes, iam confused o.0

PS: you are right, but whats the logic that audi put two different engines in the S5 ??? i dont get that point.
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Update

Dear Friends,

well... the quattro GmbH is going through changes, as i mentioned before. As you know the latest RS lineup is no longer manufatured by the quattro GmbH itself but rather on the regular production line. For myself this has pros and cons but the cons are moving quite towards the opposite with time running by. Coming along with this "changes" all final decisions are made @Ingolstadt. Time will tell if this turns out the way it is supposed to be...

So, yes the RS 4 is coming, decision has been made lately. What to expect: Avant only, shares setup with RS 5, will be available faster than you expect.

Whoever is dreaming about a forced V8 in the B Segment Class... time to wake up. This is not going to happen. The upcoming way is light, economical but still powerful... and i like it.

Qisha

PS: pro f.e. - there will be as much RS models available at one time as never before.

Oh, thank you very much for this insight, man! So many great news about Audi lately! Not sure if we can cope with it!!

thanks a lot for this information

sounds promising...

so if the current RS models are not made from quattro gmbh itself. does that mean the future rs cars be not more so special or lightweight? whats with the quattro gmbh workers? are they now working on audi ingolstadt or in neckarsulm in the quattro gmbh factory?

Qisha do you know if it will have the RS4 guards of old or the new box type guards of the rs6 and rs5?

Its abit of a shame that Audi is pumping out RS models constantly now, there isn't the same exclusitivity that they once had - nor the excitement that the original RS4 and 6 brought

So..., 4.2 !

very useful news as usual,thanks Qisha!
    I hope to see the 3.0tfsi tweaked and with more power than Q5 Custom Concept