Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi A7 Revealed

Audi A7 Revealed

HKS786

funky. unique. retro-modern. avant-garde.

it is not futuristic, beautiful, or ugly.

it is a remarkable car. truly on its own- in a way the CLS and panamera and rapide are not.

i want to see one with an alternate leather pattern, like the cross-stitch style option on the A8.

the A7? I REALLY LIKE IT.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I don't understand why they made so cheap-looking part near the armrest... Cheap plastick, chip pocket... Reminds me of Infiniti...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infiniti-g-c2-sal.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	10144

And this horrible prehistoric gearbox swich, taken from VW passat... It's great for VW, but not A7... Especially after new A8 came out... Compare:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi_a8_hybrid_10&#9.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	10145

New CLS is made for people, who want a big car, want to drive it themeselves whithout being taken for hired drivers and to have 4 doors. For those, who won't buy S-class for mentioned reasons.
    This car is not going to do this with A8.

Looks a lot like the concept. The interior might not be as awesome as the A8, but it's still very good.

Was expecting the sportback front end, though... This one is a bit conventional, but nevertheless lovely! Need better pics to decide... IRL should be awesome, as same as the A5 translates really nicely from the ok picture to a real-life beauty!

Looks classy. Looking forward to more pics to really make a judgement.

Looks classy, but it won't beat the CLS I think... I like the CLS more...

All the models of Audi are getting the same led-lights/grills/design etc... I really would like to see a different model design-wise

It is difficult not to see the Panamera's basic shape lurking beneath the A7's cool exterior. The proportions are identical, both inside and out. However, where the Panamera looks like a sad and desperate attempt to reconfigure a classic 911 shape into a saloon car, the A7 is an altogether more superior and elegant proposition. Independently, it is beautiful and iconic. But next to other Audis, the trademark design signatures are starting to become too familiar. Before Bangle came along, BMW's were also criticised for their cookie cutter approach to design, but here there is enough to distinguish the A7 from lesser Audis, with the exception of the A5 Sportback. i just wonder if the two cars are sufficiently differentiated in the real world to justify the A7's higher price tag. We'll see soon enough. The overlap with the A8 as well as the Panamera is hard to ignore.

I tend to agree with Kilko, the new Mercedes-Benz is likely to be a better car if not a more individual one. The latest crop of Benz engines certainly give those from Ingolstadt and Munich a run for their money. No less important, Mercedes design language under the direction of Gordon Wagoner finally seems to be turning the corner. Concrete slab architecture is giving way to more fluid sculpted lines. I particularly like the recent Shooting Brake concept. Of course, Audi's edge will be Quattro. Another important factor is 4-seat configurations. They're fine for many people, but not for all. Both the A7 and CLS will need to offer 3-seat rear benches as an option if they are to maximise their sales potential.

What we're seeing here is another definitive step to elevate the Audi brand among premium German car competitors. Increases in size, performance, dynamic capabilities and quality will all be reflected by a higher price premium. The biggest question mark hanging over the A7 is whether the Audi brand is strong enough to give the A7 the badge appeal it will need to truly succeed. Forgive me if that sounds like an inflammatory remark, but this website began its existence as an ode to the original RS6: a truly wonderful and inspirational motor car. It was well ahead of its time, but its appeal lay in the fact that it could do what cars costing twice the money could not. It cost around £50K when launched. Audi was a value brand. When the new V10 RS6 arrived, it went up so much in price that the market for it shrank. In many ways, Audi forgot its roots. I just wonder whether the A7 will be priced out of contention.

Having said all that, Audi may have an ace up its sleeve with this car and hopefully all should be revealed tomorrow. This is the much vaunted 4.0 litre TFSI V8.

From the side, its ass looks somewhat...sad? hahaha....other than that, remarkable looking car, very unique.

2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Hahahaha....its ass DOES actually look sad. Other than that, great looking vehicle.

If I may notice, I think there's an RS5-style jump-out rear spoiler hiding in the back...?

looking forward to the S7. and more importantly- the new engine- i mean come on audi- the new V8 is way overdue. can't wait to see the specs- this engine will be in literally all the exciting audis for the next 6-10 years.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    If I may notice, I think there's an RS5-style jump-out rear spoiler hiding in the back...?
    Yes, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    From the side, its ass looks somewhat...sad?
    LOL! True!
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    funky. unique. retro-modern. avant-garde.

it is not futuristic, beautiful, or ugly.

it is a remarkable car. truly on its own- in a way the CLS and panamera and rapide are not.

i want to see one with an alternate leather pattern, like the cross-stitch style option on the A8.

the A7? I REALLY LIKE IT.
    I'd have to agree on all points and well put. I do like the look of this a fair deal better than the A8. It (IMHO) does not look as "forced" as the A8 does. Again, to me.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Realy unusual and great. This is really a peace of design from Audi and noone would blame them for making klones for sure now!

No info 'bout the engines yet? This one looks like 3.0 TDI. So maybe the line will be 3.0 TDI and 3.0 TFSI at first?