Thread: value of very good shape oem stock rs6 turbos?

value of very good shape oem stock rs6 turbos?

I am going to go with some srm turbos. i pulled the stock turbos. It's almost a shame because they look so good. there is no visible marks or dings on the compressor fins and there is minimal shaft play. They are so rare, I can't seem to find any for sale to get an accurate price on them. I will probably be selling them very soon but wondering what is the going price? I know they can be modified to work with a 2.7 so the market opens up a little there but there just aren't any out there? suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    I am going to go with some srm turbos. i pulled the stock turbos. It's almost a shame because they look so good. there is no visible marks or dings on the compressor fins and there is minimal shaft play. They are so rare, I can't seem to find any for sale to get an accurate price on them. I will probably be selling them very soon but wondering what is the going price? I know they can be modified to work with a 2.7 so the market opens up a little there but there just aren't any out there? suggestions?
    Have you checked the classifieds on Audizine? eBay maybe? Just to establish a baseline price point...

Yes. Both. Found none but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

Shokan maybe?

I would have paid $300-400/ea for used turbos back in Nov. In fact had an ad looking for a pair at that time. I ended up replacing the CRA's with high quality units made by Turbo Rebuilders out of the UK for £165 ea. At that price for brand new that are not made in china, it would be impossible for me spend any more than $300/ea for used units. SteveKen had a line on brand new KKK's for half the price of the Stealerships IIRC. They also sell Stage 1 Hybrid (upgrade bearings and seals) £210 ea, and Stage 2 as above and including billet compressor wheel £230 ea.

http://www.turborebuild.co.uk/p/cate...cts+and+Parts/
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I think I sold my 80k mile stockers, for $1200/pair. Definitely desirable to the 2.7 crowd. They'll sell on AZ.

Yep, sold my 94k ones for $800 a few years back, they had some shaft play.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com