Thread: New prey for the RS6

New prey for the RS6

Life for my RS6 has been a little boring lately as there are no typical sporty cars on the roads to challenge once November hits us. All the typical sports cars are parked in Wisconsin with the threat of snow, so we just trundle along reliving summer in our heads. That is until snow actually covers the streets. It is utterly shocking how the RS6 can rocket away from a stop-light on a snow covered road. My new prey for the RS6 are big 4x4 pickups (especially ones with plows), SUVs with glasspacks, chipped diesels... basically any truck that is supposedly "built for the snow."

ESP - check. Toss it in Sport. Easy on the gas to full throttle. All they see are my tailights through a cloud of snow. The snow muffles the exhaust and covers the logos, so there isn't a hint as to what just blew their doors off. It must be frustrating for the "truck guys."

So much for pampering the RS6 in winter months - this car is way too much fun to park.

Ripping through the snow, riding in a two turbo, quattro beast- laffin all the way!

That sounds like a lot more fun than having a garage queen.
    210K miles rolled

That's too funny, I've been doing the same thing all month. You see the truck swerve into the adjacent lane as it approaches as though your going to slow it down. Then they stare at you to make sure that your not going to get in their way as they are surely about to impress you. I feed generous amounts of throttle and blow all the "piss on something" and "git er done" stickers right off their windows. I wish they could keep up long enough for me to see their faces.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I do miss the snow. For many years we drove a 92 Supra turbo/automatic, big turbo, 18psi, ~375hp thru the Colorado mountains. Blizzaks mounted and I would blast thru the mtns at 80+ on snowpacked highways.

Its all fun until the idiots get stuck on the mountain passes and you cant get thru. The roads come to a stop and finally close. 30 minutes from home and you cant get there because idiots dont use the proper winter driving equipment. Its only worse today and still CO does not mandate proper vehicle snow equipment. Stupid

And yes, it was fun blowing all those 4x4s, SUVs and big trucks off the road.

TOTALLY AGREE!

like the op said... the key is to TURN ESP OFF!!!

RS6 FTW

Watch out for those chipped diesels. I was nearly embarrassed by one a while back. Now I have a tune to use though
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats