Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My alternator has checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    I also found a Reman. for $204.93 after $123 core charge. http://www.bimmerparts.com/ShopByVeh...rnator&mode=PA
    (98% of my parts comes from this guy) So there's still hope for parts availability.
    I'll have to bookmark that site, thanks. Yeah, if I wasn't under warranty, this would have been done 2 days ago. That's the tough part about the extended warranty: When I have an issue, I feel like I'm throwing my car to the wolves. I wish that my insurer would just allow me to make repairs and reimburse me for the parts.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Great news, V8. Glad it's working out. Dealers! What a bunch.

I'm STILL trying to get the independent warranty adjustments and payments disbursed. Been waiting on the dealer for 5 business days to fax a few pages. If they're not in a hurry to get paid...

CW

Just picked up the car, and all seems well. I have the car, and my Viper ecu/tcu showed up this afternoon, and my evening has already been spoken for. AARRGGH
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Just picked up the car, and all seems well. I have the car, and my Viper ecu/tcu showed up this afternoon, and my evening has already been spoken for. AARRGGH
    Look forward to the comments and congrats on getting it back!
    210K miles rolled

What the hell! You got to be kidding....cant you call in sick for the evening and retire to the shop?

+1- What Dave said- Who's da boss...;0
    210K miles rolled

Done. I wiggled my way out of going to a movie tonight and just finished installing my Viper ecu/tcu and going on the initial test drive. HOLY CRAP! That is all. It's never been this strong. Ever. The turbo's and exhaust have never sounded like this before. Be on the look out for a new thread, but for now, I'm heading back out to keep on driving.

Pat!!!!, details on the Viper ECU/TCU! What's the procedure for getting a 2nd set (ECU/TCU) to work with the Beast? or did you send your originals?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Done. I wiggled my way out of going to a movie tonight and just finished installing my Viper ecu/tcu and going on the initial test drive. HOLY CRAP! That is all. It's never been this strong. Ever. The turbo's and exhaust have never sounded like this before. Be on the look out for a new thread, but for now, I'm heading back out to keep on driving.
    You must have a great mate that puts up with your indulgences- Thank goodness I found one as well and puts up with U-haul anniversary track event trips..;0

Look forward to your continued impressions and some numbers!
    210K miles rolled

Nothing like "friends" calling in the middle of dinner out and asking questions.

doh

Its faster than before. Oh boy

We all looked at the dyno numbers before.

So....compared to the 93 octane eurocharged tune...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

The anticipation is killing me...so what was the turnaround, price, and whatnot? So as per your previous posts, im assuming you will be taking logs to send back over the pond so he can fine tune it? Then i guess you have to send the ecu back over to be loaded?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I think Pat will get an appropriate thread started for this, but now that he's got the tune, all Rich has to do is send a flashloader and update the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    The anticipation is killing me...so what was the turnaround, price, and whatnot? So as per your previous posts, im assuming you will be taking logs to send back over the pond so he can fine tune it? Then i guess you have to send the ecu back over to be loaded?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Pat!!!!, details on the Viper ECU/TCU! What's the procedure for getting a 2nd set (ECU/TCU) to work with the Beast? or did you send your originals?
    Easy, all you have to do is source a second ecu, then go to the dealer and have it installed and recoded to your immobilizer ($120-144), then you can switch back and forth between the two at will. I've been doing it for a while. As for the tcu's, you can switch any tcu into your car at any time without having to recode anything. With the Viper tune, Rich can send you a flashloader and the tune can be loaded into your stock ecu, and then switched back to stock at any time. No need for a second ecu. I chose to retain my stock ecu, and send out my second Eurocharged ecu to be flashed. That's why I didn't opt for the flashloader option, I was worried he'd have trouble writing over the existing tune, and I was right. He ended up soldering in a new E-prom in order to write the ecu.
    Last edited by V8weight; July 23rd, 2010 at 05:16.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    So....compared to the 93 octane eurocharged tune...
    Like I said, seat of the pants impression is that my car has never been this violently fast.....

Like I said, seat of the pants impression is that my car has never been this violently fast.....
    Good enough for me...but i still want to see the results. ;-)

Remember,

Revo 599 with the flashloader right now.

Deal of the century.

It is a good deal, but like the ratio of weight to hp, the ratio of dollars per hp is also important. I think we will see after Pat gets some numbers that the ratio is a good one :-)