Thread: Bagged

Bagged

I snapped this picture at Alki Beach in Seattle. I've never seen a bagged Audi. Didn't have a chance to see the Owner or hear it run. I'll send an update if I happen to see it again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S iPhone 001..jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	10082  
    Topcat_92

man she is low!! good find, sunny days there!
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

looks like even the rims would be hitting the fender on turns ...
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

Quote Originally Posted by R1 View Post
    looks like even the rims would be hitting the fender on turns ...
    Bagged means airbagged. Replace springs and struts with an air bladder/compressor system for height adjustability. Slam it to the ground when you park. Some of the bagged cars are pretty sick in a cartoony way, you see a lot of them in Toronto for whatever reason. Not my cup of tea, but I'm not going to hate on someone else's choices.

Unless those choices involve putting a pep boys DTM wing and a fart-can 5" exhaust tip on a '97 accord 4 door and driving around at 6000 rpms and 110 db pretending you're racing with much more capable cars that are actually ignoring you. That I'm going to hate on all day long.

thanks skribe, i haven't seen them in my area, must be adding lots of weight in the car, would they ?
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

Here is how it works. The spring is replaced with the rubber airbag. More pressure in the bag, the higher the car sits. Less pressure and the suspension lowers. Not a weight adding thing. Very common in custom hotrods. Also very common in Semi-trucks.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

cool! thanks
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

Yucky...........
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Agreed. Never understood that. People dropping trucks(and cars like above) and raising cars(i.e. 30 inch rims on a crown vic with a 2 foot lift so the rims will clear...)
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth