Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: review of car after last drive

Good luck with the next ride! The market provides a wide variety of machines for individual needs and wants as everyone is aware. The mix is great and I'm glad we haven't become a culture of Pelosi cube cars yet. I've certainly enjoyed ride alongs in Porsches at some track events and they are a lot of fun around the curves in the hands of a skilled driver.
    210K miles rolled

I cant help your car was not in a proper state of tune. Nobody to blame on that one.

Enjoy your tt. I passed on the 911tt and purchased my RS6. Never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by pellapat View Post
    not slamming just not impressed! Think I will go back to a 91tt though.

I do miss her though. It was a very nice car. I guess if I would have tuned it and got the extra push it might have been worth keeping. I just sold my 911 tt and have been having daily fight inside about the decision.

I just found a nice one with a 3 year warranty for 46,000 with 38,000 on the clock. Just waiting for ppi and pen fed.

Yea, it really is too bad you didn't have it performing right, almost a second off on the 0 to 60 is a few seconds usually on 0 to 100mph. What year of 911tt did you sell and what year are you looking at? The 996tt are going for fairly cheap and really are a better car than the 993tt's although the 993 body style is better looking. The new 997tt V2's are really impressive with their launch control and sequential shift tranny's. Maybe I'll wait a couple of years and get a good used second gen 997tt.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I say your car was not performing up to standard tune.

You do not need to flash a RS6 to get the performance.

Your car was not operating at standard tune.

end

I do miss her though. It was a very nice car. I guess if I would have tuned it and got the extra push it might have been worth keeping. I just sold my 911 tt and have been having daily fight inside about the decision.

I just found a nice one with a 3 year warranty for 46,000 with 38,000 on the clock. Just waiting for ppi and pen fed.

had a 01 911tt and now have locked in on a 02 911tt. The one I want has a warranty for 35 months and 36,000 miles. I just got approved at a 3.99 pen fed loan with zero down. Waiting for ppi

I think the performance dropped when the heat kicked in. During the winter the car was a beast. It still pulled nice just not 911 tt nice

Cars, what would we do without them.

Please post pics when you get the tt.

had a 01 911tt and now have locked in on a 02 911tt. The one I want has a warranty for 35 months and 36,000 miles. I just got approved at a 3.99 pen fed loan with zero down. Waiting for ppi

Pat, something must be up with the motor, it's way quicker than a 335i and will give you 911tt a run for it money.. :-) with a kitchen sink in the trunk...
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....

Chiming in late here, but CLEARLY your car was not running correctly. Pretty common for RS6's at this point to be sitting in limp mode... there are a slew of things that can trigger limp mode in turbo audis, but won't trigger a CEL...

Limp mode RS6 = 5 psi boost, 0-60 in high fives somewhere, sounds like your car. You could convince yourself that it's kind of fast, it still feels pretty torquey and stout... but it's NOTHING like it should be... Or you have a boost leak, did you have it smoke tested? Did you data log? Something was not right! You can't just let the dealership throw parts at it, that is what they do!

My MTM stage 1 RS6 absolutely embarrassed an EVO X last week. 335s are no challenge... the car has surprised me, hanging with cars it shouldn't be able to -- a Viper ACR for one, and a very well modified WRX (garrett BT, etc.) Not beating, but hanging right with them.

Legacy GT?

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Something must be going on with your car. Stock I would smoke vettes and new wrx sit's tuned no problem, and they are considerably faster then a 335.
    Ditto that... I would check into it.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    ...was cruising out to meeting in BFE and took out some huge redneck truck that wanted to race me...hehe... Ford 250 heavy duty with semi truck exhaust pipes and raised.
    Funny, Mark, I think I took that same truck on a couple weeks ago on 41 in Highland Park. Overboosted turbo diesel, belching black smoke and the turbo whistled Dixie off the line, pretty quick 0-30 or so. The guy probably has fun surprising sports cars with his monster torque and 4WD off the line... RS6 and I wrecked him. Farewell, goodnight, aufiderzein goodbye. He hopped off an exit quick when I slowed to let him catch up.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing as I've read this thread. A 335? Really? My wife has the most loaded 335Xi my BMW dealership has ever sold (at least, accoding to them) and I can tell you that it's an extremely nice car and extremely quick. But it's not even close to the same. And I love the thing. I think it can keep up with the RS6 to about 80 and then it starts to run out of steam. I will say the technology is better. And it should be. The chassis dates back to 2006. The RS6 dates back to 1997.
    And while I do love Porsche, there is a reason why a 996 TT is worth half as much as a 993 TT. I think you're biggest problem is that you are into speed way more than anything else on the car. The RS6 definitely has speed, but it also has comfort and it has more room. It's meant to be storming down the autobahn, not drag racing from light to light. Same with the good old E39 M5 (another favorite). I used to get so sick of people asking me how fast my M5 was to 60 and in the quarter. It wasn't, and that was just fine with me.
    Anyway, I hope you have good luck with your 996TT. It's a great car and I've always appreciated how good they are to drive. Hope this doesn't come across as me blasting you. Didn't mean to if it does.