Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the performance benefits of a ECU chip, 0-60 times etc (2003)?

What are the performance benefits of a ECU chip, 0-60 times etc (2003)?

I did some searching but I didn't see any before and after comparisons. I know every chip may be a little different, but what is the general 0-60 time difference? How about any other speed time differences like 40-70 or whatever? Does having a TCU chip also make a big difference in performance?

TCU will lock the converter faster - not much of a difference in 0-60 times (maybe a tenth), but better shifts and longer TC life. Most of what I have seen in a stock RS6 incuding mine, is around 5 to 5.3 0-60 times. An ECU upgrade can make a great deal of difference. Many chips seem to be in the 4.2 - 4.5 range for 0-60.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntstud2 View Post
    I did some searching but I didn't see any before and after comparisons. I know every chip may be a little different, but what is the general 0-60 time difference? How about any other speed time differences like 40-70 or whatever? Does having a TCU chip also make a big difference in performance?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

0-60 wont change that much. But performance at speed increases more. TCU chip is a "must" if you are planning on a ECU. Will make it even more fun.

Does anyone have the APR ECU and TCU setup?
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....

I have APR ECU/TCU setup in my car right now.

And the car came with OCT ECU/TCU. (which is both for sale)

I really could not tell much of a difference, other than the APR setup has no cat file on it, so now that I am catless again I do not have a check engine light on

Discovered this video of a Viper tuned RS6. Not sure what the specs are? But gives some idea of acceleration times for a mapped car.

Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    Discovered this video of a Viper tuned RS6. Not sure what the specs are? But gives some idea of acceleration times for a mapped car.
    I have the Viper tune coming, can't wait!
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Very interesting and look forward to your comments/results.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Very interesting and look forward to your comments/results.
    What did they come up with in regards to the wiring harness on your car?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

LOL- Just posted an update. Looks like the overlay corrected the current issue.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    LOL- Just posted an update. Looks like the overlay corrected the current issue.
    Ha, I saw that just as I clicked back to the main page after posting. Oh well. This thread subject has been covered dozens of times, I didn't feel any remorse for jacking it.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Steve View Post
    Does anyone have the APR ECU and TCU setup?
    i have ARP tune in OZ

4 modes
    98 octane
    95 octane
    STD mode
    Vallet mode car will not rev past 3500 RPM

massive difference i get in terms of std mode vs 98 octane mode (which is our most premium fuel here) the diff in tourque is insane...gives you a nice instant headache! whooossssshhhhhhhhh
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Yes V8weight definitely interested in the Viper tune myself. How are you remapping the ECU? Are they sending you something to remap it or are you sending them your ECU? Curious....
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Yes V8weight definitely interested in the Viper tune myself. How are you remapping the ECU? Are they sending you something to remap it or are you sending them your ECU? Curious....
    Because my ecu already had an existing flash, I opted to send my ecu to the U.K. rather than having Rich send me the flashloader just in case there were any issues trying to flash over the existing tune. I also opted for his tuned tcu (he's sending me a tuned tcu, and charged me a core until I send mine back).

Because my ecu already had an existing flash, I opted to send my ecu to the U.K. rather than having Rich send me the flashloader just in case there were any issues trying to flash over the existing tune. I also opted for his tuned tcu (he's sending me a tuned tcu, and charged me a core until I send mine back).
    Interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out.....
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I'll be watching for the write-up..........
    TJ: Pat will he be saving your old tune in case you wanna go back? Flashloader would be nice for a valet tune
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    Then Coornish car is one serious RS6. Full DP's and exhaust so it might perform just a little bit better then just a chipped beast.

Mooch's car is now up for sale! and it's a bargain.....

I like the sound of the APR tune, both TCU and ECU, but hell it's expensive over here....

Will be sticking with Rich (Viper), he has a good reputation and my god his car is fast...... Without destroying it...
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....