Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rs6 "custom tune" for sale by baytires.com (SF Bay Area)

Rs6 "custom tune" for sale by baytires.com (SF Bay Area)

Saw this video: http://videos.wittysparks.com/id/4187944041

popped them an email to see what is up with this... anyone know anything about these guys?

dWiGhT

So I got a reply back... (actually several, they seem to be limited to one sentence at a time per email)

their website that has no info on it: http://www.baytires.com/

email addr: contact.open@gmail.com

"Hello, yes we do offer that"
    "cost is $850 a piece, dyno is not available yet, but it is faster than GIAC, tested."
    "Custom chip car had no TIP programming, GIAC does"

Hmmmm... still haven't found any info online except that video.

dWiGhT

It seems quite strange that just a run of the mill tire shop would have the ability to tune our cars. I wonder if they tune anything else, how they go about doing this, etc.

notice that they are close to the sea... no wonder it smells fishy. ": /

Hey they had a nice pic in here with a stagger wheel setup -- they must know what they are doing! Where's the smoking monkey now?
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

shop owner is a member on this forum.

he had the giac

I think he dumped it for something else.

He mentioned having connections for a different flash.

who knows

Not to scam anyone, thats our video and are our cars.

yes I did try this tune and it is crazy fast. I cannot tell who is making it. But I can resell it. We bought 2 chips, tried several times, it is faster and cheaper. I dont have much room for discount since my price is also high. GIAC s^ks and im so pissed that spent so much money on it. You can see my dyno results on one of my threads.

We are planning to dyno new chip soon.

What is the catch of this tune? GIAC APR MTM REVO dont change fuel map, in order to get full potential of tune on top of boost levels, fuel map has to be changed. And thats not easy to do.
    I can officially say all those companies above never spent time on it and they continue rip off people.

So if someone interested you're welcome to ask questions.
    Last edited by Audi-RS6; July 9th, 2010 at 04:26.
    www.WheelsGallery.com

All about wheels and cars.
    Free image gallery, sell or trade your wheels online.

Yep,

I thought that was you. Glad you pulled the GIAC out of your car.

Did someone say fuel? We dont need no stinking fuel? Oh yeah, I guess we do.

GIAC sucks? No...it cant be so. Say it aint so...all that money and its junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Audi-RS6 View Post
    Not to scam anyone, thats our video and are our cars.

yes I did try this tune and it is crazy fast. I cannot tell who is making it. But I can resell it. We bought 2 chips, tried several times, it is faster and cheaper. I dont have much room for discount since my price is also high. GIAC s^ks and im so pissed that spent so much money on it. You can see my dyno results on one of my threads.

We are planning to dyno new chip soon.

What is the catch of this tune? GIAC APR MTM REVO dont change fuel map, in order to get full potential of tune on top of boost levels, fuel map has to be changed. And thats not easy to do.
    I can officially say all those companies above never spent time on it and they continue rip off people.

So if someone interested you're welcome to ask questions.

So none of the other tunes takes fuel mapping into consideration? Even that Viper one they are talkin about in another thread?

I am interested in whatever tune gives me the best performance out of my car, at safe levels. I already ruled GIAC out, but i wasnt aware of the fuel thing on the rest of them.

Yea, this is getting pretty confusing now. I have an MTM Map on my RS. I have nothing to compare it to, but this thing moves like a bat out of hell when I get on it. Now according to Mike at Hoppen Motor Sport, the next step is to replace the Fuel pressure Regulator, Fuel Pump and a remap. This second remap must make adjustments for the Increased fuel flow. I am no expert(far from it) But this makes a lot more sense to me than making fuel map adjustments with the same hardware. I guess what it really comes down to is head to head comparisons, and who can outrun who. I have seen 10secS4 take his RS6 and blow away just about everything his come across. I believe he ran 11.9 at English Town. And this supposedly was with just a Flash and gutted precats. What flash is he using? Supposedly Custom. I don't know, but lets get this thing straightened out so that we can all get the best for our money. And not waist any more, like so many of us have done...........................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

IMHO there is no data to support the entire claim above.

There has been no data to support MTM or Revo to be suspect in any way. I would run MTM or Revo.

There has been some data to suspect GIAC and APR. I would not run GIAC or APR.

Eurocharged has a couple of issues on the 93map but the 91oct is a flat out killer.

Viper tune with the flashloader may be another good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Yea, this is getting pretty confusing now. I have an MTM Map on my RS. I have nothing to compare it to, but this thing moves like a bat out of hell when I get on it. Now according to Mike at Hoppen Motor Sport, the next step is to replace the Fuel pressure Regulator, Fuel Pump and a remap. This second remap must make adjustments for the Increased fuel flow. I am no expert(far from it) But this makes a lot more sense to me than making fuel map adjustments with the same hardware. I guess what it really comes down to is head to head comparisons, and who can outrun who. I have seen 10secS4 take his RS6 and blow away just about everything his come across. I believe he ran 11.9 at English Town. And this supposedly was with just a Flash and gutted precats. What flash is he using? Supposedly Custom. I don't know, but lets get this thing straightened out so that we can all get the best for our money. And not waist any more, like so many of us have done...........................

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    IMHO there is no data to support the entire claim above.

There has been no data to support MTM or Revo to be suspect in any way. I would run MTM or Revo.

There has been some data to suspect GIAC and APR. I would not run GIAC or APR.

Eurocharged has a couple of issues on the 93map but the 91oct is a flat out killer.

Viper tune with the flashloader may be another good one.
    Thank you Dave, I was waiting for someone to say it better than I could and more gracefully than I would have...

By the way, I am keeping my junk intercoolers.... just in case there was any question or doubt...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

We run stock pump, lines, intercoolers, etc. In other words, car does have potential on stock equipment. Ask 10secS4, he proved it already.
    www.WheelsGallery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Audi-RS6 View Post
    We run stock pump, lines, intercoolers, etc. In other words, car does have potential on stock equipment. Ask 10secS4, he proved it already.
    So I would assume you're just re-selling his tune?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I didnt realize that 10secs4 literally developed his own tune. Thats crazy. That makes my question moot, because i assumed tunes had to be based in some way on the major companies who invested time and money in it, i didnt realize (naively) that you could tune yourself with the right software and knowledge.

Casey - if you can hack you might be able to tune. But that does not mean your engine will survive! I would second what Dhall said - go with a name that you trust and that has been vetted on the forum. Unless you are going to race then getting another tenth of a second is not worth the risk of being a "tester". Also if there are problems with the tune on your car can you bring it back and get it fixed. I had an early version of REVO and it caused the engine to jump into limp mode when I was on cruise control and accelerated with the button. Scared the S__T out of me when it happened coming home from Mammoth with the family in the car. Wife gave me the WTF did you do to THIS car look.

Quick fix to the REVO dealer got a software fix and all was well.

Good advice too man, this kind of stuff is all new to me.

I think Ive narrowed it down, between ECU and TCU. i like the idea of there being a dealer i can go to with certain tunes, but i dont know if that will change my mind or not.

He plays his part in this tune.
    I might be able to offer 2 week trial. I do want to sell some of those, so people start realizing what is crap in market.
    GIAC does nothing but raising boost levels. I cannot say about others, but thats what German tuner told me. One day I bought the "trusted name", $2500 out the door, how do you like it? dyno it and will never buy them again and will not recommend.

So far nothing can come close to this tune. Your money, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    So I would assume you're just re-selling his tune?
    www.WheelsGallery.com